“Bravo Bentley” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Caribbean
“Bravo Bentley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Used this hotel for a much needed 5 day getaway. Had the 2 bedroom suite. Perfect! Hotel and room were clean, stylish, and convenient. Beds are VERY nice. Bathroom was VERY nice. Outdoor patio was a dream.Being it's on 5th St. you're not in the middle of the raucous ocean drive scene. Chris, Lorenz, and Juan at the front desk were exceptionally friendly and professional as well as the cleaning staff. They even got a vacuum cleaner for my traveling companion so that she could use some compression bags to be able to pack her heavy shopping habit. The location is very easy to navigate from. The rooftop pool and jacuzzi a beautiful oasis. Was there construction? Yes. No problem whatsoever. The work was very well organized and the workers polite and unobtrusive. I mean, stuff has to get done, right? I live on a tourist centric island where i wish more hotels were more concerned about maintenance. Lorenz made dinner reservations easy and effortless. I and my traveling companion are VERY happy with our stay. One VERY small suggestion. How about a full length mirror in the room?

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lee G, General Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Hello bowieisgod,

First and foremost, I want you to know that full length mirrors have been ordered and will be installed before your next stay!
Thank you for your great review. You seem to have experienced exactly what we're going for with our refurbished property. I'm glad that construction did not affect you in any way. We do take meticulous care in ensuring the comfort of our guests during our upgrade.
I will share your review with the staff here and thank you for mentioning them by name, I'm sure you know that goes a very long way.

Please let me know when you'll be returning to sunny South Florida... I'm happy to arrange everything. lgreenspan@meninhospitality.com

Many Thanks,

Frederikssund Municipality, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Good place to clothes. No noise from Street. At Night staff very noicy, Many times woke up. Never used hotel Beach facilities. Were too long. Bought Own Towells, because 2 times no clean Towells at the hotel.

Alicante, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Horrible breakfast... really embarrassing for a hotel to have such breakfast. Service and people of the from desk were excellent, very polite and almost all spoke spanish. Very good location and beach club

1 Thank acorcor
Violet, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Room reserved (1 bedroom suite ocean view) was not available offered two dirty rooms but I rejected both however I had to downgrade to a studio which was ok. Stayed here several times and had a great time. However this was the worst

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Allen Park, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I am on my last day staying at the Bentley in South Beach, What a terrible experience we have had so far. When we checked in and went to the room we discovered that the pull out sofa bed was in no condition to be slept on and when my son went to sit on it he sunked in the bed (the first night). I contacted the front desk and Alvero tried to locate a rollway bed for me but there wasn’t any. Then I just asked him to please send an email to his boss to let him know about my situation and he I think he did. BUT then management didn’t fix the bed UNTIL my 4TH day of me staying at Bentley!! I was very upset and what an inconvenience for us……… management never even notified me on the situation until 4th day…. Also, when the guys came to fix bed you can really tell they RIGID it up then the bed broke AGAIN on my last day of stay….. Terrible experience…. I only came to stay here because it was rated at a 4star…. When it should be rated 2 at best…….Also when I checked in the bathroom had dirty marks on walls… I did tell management and they were supposed to notify housekeeping manager but guess what? The marks are still there...……….. What does that say about the Hotel??????? I’m so upset…. Bad management…… Alvero was great tried to help…. Nice employee….. Also Juan was nice employee he got us ice when the older guy with white hair said there was no ice in the hotel (1 * Service)…… I usually come to south beach 3x a year…… and I usually stay at La Savoy….. But this time I tried something different and what a terrible choice………

Room Tip: RM 402 Broken sofa bed
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Lee G, General Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Hello Michigirl2014,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you brought the issues decribed above to my attention before you departed. I was able to look into everything the same day. You are correct, there was an issue with the sofa bed. I apologize that this inconvenienced your stay. In this particualr case, we needed to order a specific part to get it fixed. Unfortunately, we had to fix it the best we could while you were staying. It has since been repaired properly and is in working order.
Regarding the marks on the bathroom wall: as soon as you mentioned it, I went to the room with a housekeeping supervisor and could not find what you described. The room has been since deep cleaned and I'm certian that any marks have been removed. I apologize that this inconvenienced your stay as well. Finally, you mentioned that we could not provide you ice on one of the occassions on which you asked for it. I apologize for that. The issue arose because there was in fact a shortage of ice at that moment. Juan had provided quite a bit of ice on each trip to your room and unfortunately, that contributed to the machine getting behind. I will make sure that we utilize proper communication should this happen in the future. I did offer you appropriate compensation for your concerns and I hope that we do have the chance to make this up.
As discussed, please contact me directly for your future visits to Miami Beach. I'm always available @ lgreenspan@meninhospitality.com

Thank You.
Oeiras, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Firstly, we can't forget this is a boutique hotel! As so, the hotel value is based in its rooms and not for the general appearance and facilities! In fact, this appearingly old hotel has been renewed and the rooms are very confortable, clean and pleasant. It appears that the suites are even better with good cooking facilities.
However, being a boutique hotel doesn't mean we can forget other details that count for a 4-star hotel! For example, breakfast is a poor variety of bakery, cereals and pancakes served in the lobby of the hotel! Well, in my modest opinion this is unnacceptable for a 4-star hotel, even being a boutique one!
The "resort" tax is quite acceptable for the towels and sunshaders at the beach, the terrace pool is spacious enough and has a good view.
The most valuable point for this hotel is actually its location! Front line in South Beach in the "everything-happens-here" Ocean Drive and with markets nearby is just great for your stay in Miami Beach.
At last, a word for the personelle: very attentious, smily and helpful!
Only 3 ou of 5 points? Well, just because this hotel cannot be considered a 4-star hotel, although it has its value!

Room Tip: Suites and Penthouses are better!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Lee G, General Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Hello PeterTML,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay. You were very complimentary of the pool, beach, staff and rooms. That certainly covers a broad spectrum of the many amenities that we have to offer here. It seems the sticking point was continental breakfast. Continental breakfast is limited and convenient by nature but, as you mentioned, we do offer a variety of cereals, pastries, waffles, several breakfast bar varieties, coffee and juices. While it is nearly impossible to accommodate every taste, we do take feedback very seriously, in fact, our current breakfast was completely created specifically at the behest of our guests. I would like to hear more from you regarding additional suggestions. If we find that we can improve upon any aspect of our hotel based specifically on what our guests are telling us, we will certainly act on that with any viable solution at our disposal. Feedback from our guests is far and away the best barometer on how we're doiing and where we can improve. This review is no exception.
Thank you very much for taking the time. I'm available to you any time. lgreenspan@meninhospitality.com

Many Thanks,

Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We were originally at this property but due to the construction got moved to the sister property,(Gale, which we loved). However Lee, the manager at Bentley invited us to come tour Bentley and I can say our next trip to Miami will include a stay at this hotel. We are looking forward to seeing it with all the renovations completed although I don't think the renovation would had impacted our stay as it was contained to one location in the hotel. The work done so far looks fabulous and we spent a relaxing few hours at the beautiful rooftop pool. The location was excellent right across from the ocean with many restaurants and shopping to choose from. The service was the best I have ever received with Lee making sure our stay was everything we wanted from start to finish.

• 5 of 5 stars
Lee G, General Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
rbridgfam,

Thank you for your review! It was certianly a pleasure to meet you and we're looking forward to having you stay at Bentley on your return.
I understand that the circumstances of being relocated are less than ideal and I do apologize that you were not able to enjoy the entire experience here with us. Gale is an excellent property, however, and I am glad to see that all went very well there. I will pass along your sentiment.

Please feel free to contact me directly, as discussed, for your future stays at Bentley.

All The Best,