“Excellent location, great staff, quaint open-air cafe.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
20% OFF OUR BEST RATE!
Ranked #127 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Bonita Springs, Fl
“Excellent location, great staff, quaint open-air cafe.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

After viewing many choices on the internet, we finally chose this hotel because it was on the beach and close to the Lincoln Road Mall, Ocean Blvd. and other attractions. Plus, the price was better than the others. We booked a standard room, which was more than sufficient. It was very clean, great bed and bedding, good closet space, and the overall staff was courteous and helpful . It was an older hotel which the hallways revealed, but the rooms, exercise area, cafe, pool area, outside grounds were all wonderfully kept. The only downside was a $35 per day parking fee, but that is fairly common for that area and any hotel. We truly enjoyed the fact that we could walk out the back of the hotel gounds gate and be on the Beach Walk and then over a boardwalk and be on the beach. We would definitely go back to The Richmond!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
MikeFromOhio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

I am a very experienced traveler and I can tell you that this is a very nice hotel on South Beach. Keep in mind that dollar for dollar South Beach hotels are not as nice as other hotels because you are paying for the location not just the property. Don’t expect your room to look like the Weston or Hyatt that you paid a similar price for in Pittsburgh or Detroit. That being said this is still a very nice hotel and we had a great stay at the Richmond. I have stayed at several other South Beach hotels and this is probably the best value on South Beach, this is the hotel that I plan staying again the next time I visit South Beach.
The hotel offers a very nice breakfast and lunch menu with small snacks and bar service in the evening. Dinner is as easy as walking a block or two to many nearby restaurants and you can walk to Walgreens within a few minutes and purchase any food, alcohol or personal items that you may need.
The hotel is certainly Art Deco and has a neat retro flare. The grounds are meticulously maintained and the pool area is super clean and very private. The property is privately owned and I seen one of the owners dining while I was having lunch one day. A very rare occurrence in today’s world of corporate hotels and you will appreciate the family owned touch when you visit this property.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
south beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

great time a litlle windy but sun and temp were perfectt!
front desk hotel staff especially mandy were great from the start of are vaction experience
she was so helpful with all of are many questions we had at check-in
would definitinely stay again. thanks hotel richmond, staff, and especially MANDY!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Metairie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

Charming! That's how I would describe The Richmond. Expect nothing less than a smiling face by anyone of the staff members. After our cruise, we wanted one more night in Miami and I booked The Richmond while we were out to sea. After getting off the cruise ship, our taxi took us straight to The Richmond and I knew check in wasn't until afternoon but when we arrived, the beautiful smiling face behind the desk saw how tired and exhausted we were. Our room was ready and we were taken right away. The air was already on and we crashed for the next several hours..... that bed is one comfortable bed! The room could use a tad of updating; i.e., tv stand, desk, an alarm clock / radio, and some new carpet BUT just wait until you exit to the pool in the back. All I could think of was where is my hammock! So relaxing; the cabana/restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch; the pathway takes you right out the secured back gate to the walk and the beach. A short walk to Lincoln Road and your choice of restaurants is endless! I kept waiting for Lucy and Ricky and Ethel and Fred to come through the doors at any time!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

I went to South Beach this past weekend with some friends but I unlike them was on a limited budget. While they stayed at a hotel for $500 a night I stayed at the Richmond for $139. We both had access to a private beach with great service. The room was clean the bed slept well and the staff were always smiling and willing to help. I will be going again and staying at the Richmond. Now don't go to Miami thinking that the hotels are like they are in Vegas. Oh the only thing was at night at about 3am I could hear the party people going back to their rooms and you hear when someone else turns their shower on.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Ballymena, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

My wife and I decided to go to Miami for a change, having already been to Orlando on three previous occasions. We did the usual and researched our accommodation at great length, wanting a hotel quite central on South Beach, which had a bar (admittedly it was only a limited pool bar/cafe which shut early), a fitness suite, room fridge, and a pool, all at a reasonable price. Having whittled the list down to 4 or 5, I also asked a travel agent friend who also came up with a list of cheaper and dearer hotels, but we finally settled on the Richmond. We arrived for our 2 week stay late at night, which was quite an education as South Beach is pretty lively. The Richmond has a lot of charm, although yes it would benefit from a little money being spent on returning it to it's former glory - but please don't let this put you off as it is by no means run down. The reception staff were fantastic, especially Roberto, as were the pool cafe staff. The hotel was not full which suited us as it was quiet and we had the pool to ourselves many days. A slight warning, the hotels on either side were very lively, both during the day and night, although not loud enough to keep us awake. The pool area hadn't music playing which was a bit disappointing but a small gripe, but a few of the other guests at the Richmond went every day to use the pools at the neighbouring hotels.
The location of The Richmond would be hard to beat, right on the beautiful South Beach and close to the lively shopping area of Lincoln Road, also try the nearby Jerry's Deli for an extensive menu - WOW!
My only complaint, which unfortunately left a bad taste in my mouth was the valet parking, it was charged per day as would be expected, BUT what we weren't told is that you are continually charged this daily rate unless you tell them you don't need the valet. As we were in a rush to checkout we didn't have the time to contest this as one of the days we were charged for we were in Orlando overnight. My advice would be don't use the valet parking and instead use the overnight parking a couple of blocks down Collins Ave.
All in all I would definitely recommend the Richmond for a good value hotel, with maybe has less frills than many would like, but I certainly will use it again in the future. Loved it!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

I spent weeks searching for the perfect deal for a hotel in Miami. I knew my boyfriend and I wanted to stay somewhere centered so we wouldn't have to walk too far or take cabs or public transportation. The location of Richmond is perfect - there were tons of bars, restaurants and stores within walking distance, including Walgreens only 2 weeks away where you could buy basic food items to store at your room.

The staff was very friendly, recommended a spa for us and provided directions to many restaurants or stores we were looking for.

The rooms at Richmond are basic, but nice. Ours wasn't too spacious, but had a nice and a comfortable bed, an armchair, a desk, a TV and a fridge. On the downside, we could hear our next door neighbors even when their shower was on.

The rest of the hotel was well kept - the pool was wonderful, the size was great and had tons of chairs to lounge on around. The hottub was surprisingly cold - it was nice to sit in during the day but at night was too cold to stay in.
There is a bar and a restaurant right in the lobby by the pool, but I must say these were the most expensive drinks we've had in all Miami (and we did go to some nice bars and restaurants on Lincoln Ave.). A regular margarita was crazy $14, so even though we took advantage of the drinks to enjoy by the pool, we did not get any food at the restaurant and preferred other nicer establishments with more reasonable prices.

Overall, I must say we were very happy with our choice. If you know what to expect and don't assume Richmond will be a W or a Gansevoort, you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Richmond Hotel? Share your experiences!