“Friendly and convenient!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #119 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Friendly and convenient!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here for a Weekend getaway. The price was reasonable, and we had a great time!
We were able to check in around 1pm even though check in was at 4pm. At booking, I casually mentioned our recent engagement, and the front desk staff was quick to congratulate us. Mariano was very nice, and walked us back to the Veranda (hotels restaurant) and they gave us two free drinks to celebrate! Which were awesome! I had the piña colada, and my fiancé had the red richmond, a drink designed by the veranda's manager and he loved it! Which says a lot as he can be very picky.
The room was very clean. Older style Miami furnishings, but very clean and very comfortable. The walls are extremely thin, so if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room that is not so close to another one.
When calling to request some items throughout our stay, we had to call twice to remind them. The staff were always apologetic and nice about it, so it is clear that they were just a bit understaffed. Their kindness made up for any delays in my opinion.
We felt very important here, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

Stayed July 2014
RichmondManager, Front Office Manager at Richmond Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear guest,
Congratulations again from the Richmond Hotel! We are you happy you had such a great experience. We hope to see you again for the Honeymoon.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Pelham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

This place sucks quite honestly... Better off staying in downtown maimi and getting a taxi to south beach then enduring a horrible night here... Rooms are ok.. nothing special.. bar is overpriced.. could hear everything at night from other rooms... Waste of my money.. won't go back.... Like ever.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear guest,
It's unfortunate you had such a negative experience. We are an excellent resort hotel, located in the heart of South Beach. Our pool bar restaurant offers a wide variety of excellent dishes and drinks, at very reasonable prices. It is true that the walls are a bit thin, but we do our best to relocate guest's to a more quite part of the building. I would appreciate the chance to further discuss all the issue you experienced. Please feel to contact me via email.
ismael@richmondhotel.com
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Nice pool and beach area. Great and friendly service. The rooms however are itty bitty, walls are in need of a major paint, TV was not functioning and all is heard from the hallways. Bed was very uncomfortable as they put two twin beds together making it very uncomfortable with the partition in the middle. Mini fridge was very mini and not in great shape.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear guest,
We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Sounds like you were assigned one of our double bed rooms. Did you get a chance to mention this to the Front Desk? We could have reassigned your room immediately. We are constantly maintaining our rooms, but it seems we need to double our efforts. I will share this review out Director of Engineering.
Somerset, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Thank you again to the Richmond family for giving us a great 10 year anniversary celebration.
We contacted the Richmond in February about our desire to come back for our 7th year. We have been reviewing this hotel on this site yearly and sent them our reviews. Ismael was extremely cooperative in both price and room type. We had a 6th floor ocean view (amazing) for a very competitive price.
One of the best things about a smaller "boutique " hotel is the attentiveness to our needs and the personal greetings we received. The staff is great, everyone remembered us and the fact that they are still working for the same hotel after all these years speaks for itself.

Shout out to Stewart (GM) who greeted us almost daily . We also met and talked with the owner ( Patricia) Also our daily hellos to the staff and help. I have stayed at many hotels in different cities and at different price ranges but the Richmond with its History and love will always have a special place in my heart. We are already thinking about our trip down next year and you can be sure that we will be staying with our Richmond Family.

Fondly,

Sue and Stan Banalewicz

Room Tip: Ask for a mini fridge for water etc.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you so much, for your great review. The pleasure was all ours. Please consider yourselves part of the Richmond Family. and we hope to see you again very soon.
Ismael Green
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Good location next to the beach but the service was an absolute disaster. The room was rather decent except for the fact that we constantly heard everything from the corridor and had to listen to our neighbours snoring and talking, and we woke up frequently every night. Don’t use the hotel for anything except sleeping because of the dishonest charges, including taxes they charge 7USD to laundry a pair of socks. A plastic bag of underwear and t-shirts was over 200USD, one hour of internet was 30USD.

We once ordered a fruit plate by the pool, after over three reminders and over an hour of waiting I got a plate with old/brown bananas and two of the stuff laughed at us when I complained and recommended me to relax an change attitude. The day after they charge me 8USD for two single espressos when I ordered one double espresso. When I complained they told me that they don’t serve double espresso, when I refused to pay for two single espressos they charged coffee, a beer and meal I never ordered to my room. I talked to other guest by the pool and they confirmed the same poor service experience. A nice thing to say at the end is that the room cleaning stuff was nice but I will never set a foot at this awful hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
RichmondManager, Front Office Manager at Richmond Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear guest,
I am very surprised by all the negative issues you experienced. We have been in business since 1941, and we have not done so with dishonest practices or charges. We offer off site dry clean laundry services, at very reasonable set rates. A plastic bag of t-shirts, and undergarments is most definitely NOT $200 USD! Please email a copy of the the receipt, so I can investigate the charges. We offer WIFI throughout the building @ $10 dollars for a 24 hour period. I'm confused as to how you paid $30 USD for 1 hour? Again, please email the receipt, so I can investigate the charge. Our restaurant staff has been with us for a long time, and they VERY customer service oriented. It's is definitely not in their nature to laugh or dismiss, any guest's request. That being said, I will bring this to the attention of the Food & Beverage Director. This is not lasting experience we want our guest's to leave with, and we apologize for the inconveniences. Please feel free to contact me via email, so we can discuss these issues.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We throughly enjoyed our stay at the Richmond at the beginning of June. The pool was nice, there was a locked gate that led to the beach which prevented anyone from wandering in to the pool, the beach was very nice in front, we enjoyed great Valet service and the people at the desk went way out of their way to treat you nice. Most rooms we have stayed in at Miami Beach are old and often tore up, but these were very nice and they were remodeling some as we visited. As with all parking is not included so you can park in the structure or they offer Valet parking at $35 a day. The pool area was very nice and we enjoyed going out the pool area unto the beach without crossing the street. We will return

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you for great review. We look forward to your return!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my boyfriend for his birthday.... BIG MISTAKE!! Nothing worked, AC broken we barely slept we were sweating so much. TV broken as well . Waited over 25 minutes for pool towels because they ran out. Room old, dirty and ran down. Bathroom was tiny and dirty. Worst hotel experience of my life!!!

• Stayed June 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It appears you had a very difficult stay, and we apologize for the inconveniences. It's a shame we did not get a chance to resolve all these issues during you stay. I would appreciate the chance to further discuss all the issues you experienced. Please feel free to contact me via email.
ismael@richmondhotel.com

Been to Richmond Hotel? Share your experiences!