“Great Location - Lovely Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #94 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Manhattan Beach, California
“Great Location - Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the South Seas in February 2014 during a whirlwind trip to FL. Our room was large, clean and very comfortable. The front desk staff was professional, greeted us immediately and directed us to some nice places to go later in the evening. The poolside area is lovely with a large pool, lots of seating and palm trees swaying in the breeze. Location is very close to the nightlife of Miami but not so close that it's loud. I would definitely return. And the complimentary breakfast was nice, too.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Management S, Staff and Management at South Seas Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Laura:

Thank you for choosing the South Seas Hotel and reviewing your recent experience with us. We constantly welcome couples and families from around the world and everyone seems to agree that we have a caring and attentive service team. We are happy that our staff made a positive impact on your experience; service is our main focus as we want every guest to feel welcome and take home fond memories from their stay.

Hopefully we will see you and your boyfriend in the near future for a longer time frame. Please don’t forget to contact us direct at vacation@southseashotel.com or 1-800-345-2678 to find out about our Hotel Packages!

Kind regards,

847 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

May was my second visit in 2014. (I go about five times a year.)

Valet keeps getting better which is a welcome change.

Front desk crew is always awesome. Anna and Laura should be called the dynamic duo. Adore them.

A little mix up with the room but it was rectified. Love love love the room I had. Best one ever!

Re: pilikia. I wished they served healthier options. I'd eat there more. Over the years each time I went I'd gain weight! Food is delish, but oh so fattening.

Antonio at the pool was unbelievably attentive and helpful to meoso that I could work, poolside. Many many thanks to him for his kindness..

Headed back to south seas next week! Go Heat!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Anahid:

We truly enjoy reading your kind feedback! Our service team is glad to see that you had another great stay at our hotel. Please accept our sincerest appreciation for your compliments about our attentive and caring staff, especially Ana, Laura and Antonio who created lasting memories.

On your return, make sure to ask our Front Desk associates about our special game time big screen viewing, where guests will be able to enjoy the NBA finals and the upcoming World Cup. Should you have any last minute requests, please make sure to contact us direct at vacation@southseashotel.com or 1-800-345-2678.

Warmest regards,

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed at the South Seas Hotel with my boyfriend for 3 nights in April 2014 and absolutely loved it!! I recommend this to anyone looking for great value, a charming resort feel and an awesome location. Staying here was the best of both worlds- relaxing oasis on the beach in the heart of bustling south beach near great restaurants, nightlife and shopping. Our room was comfortable and clean and we had a beautiful view of the pool and ocean. Obsessed with the fish tacos at the resto bar... delicious!!! We had it everyday.. couldnt resist it as a snack during happy hour. I will definitely book at the south seas again if back in miami.

Dear Jen:

Thank you for sharing such a nice review about the South Seas Hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay and appreciated our hotel amenities and unbeatable location. Our Chef was glad to know that our fish tacos became your favorite appetizer during happy hour.

We hope your travels will bring you back soon enough so you may try every item on our upcoming “World Cup Special Menu”. Always contact us direct at vacation@southseashotel.com or 1-800-345-2678 to find out about our Summer Packages!

Best regards,

New Bedford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I go to Miami once a year and The South Seas Hotel has always been our go to place. It's nice to know that we'll get the same pleasant experience every time we visit. The Hotel is always has that fresh and clean feel to it and the staff is super friendly. I highly recommend South Seas to anyone looking to unwind and have a relaxing vacation in Miami!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Management S, Staff and Management at South Seas Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Michelle:

Thank you so much for recommending the South Seas Hotel to everyone, it means a lot to our team. We are very grateful for your loyalty to our hotel and all your nice words, especially for considering our hotel your "go to place" in Miami Beach. We do hope your tips can provide insight to future travelers!

We would be delighted to have you back again soon! Please remember to contact us direct at vacation@southseashotel.com or 1-800-345-2678 to find out about our Summer packages!

Warm regards,

South Seas Hotel.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I checked into the South Seas hotel on may 31. My first room had a broken bed, so naturally they gave me a different room. Unfortuantely the second room had bugs in the bed. I got so bit up. It was after midnight and I had to move to another hotel. So discusting, unhealthy. The manager refunded my money, but, when I told someone in the lobby that I had bugs in my bed the manager called security on me. So ridiculous, I am a 71 year old 4'10 female---and he called security. Anyone that stays there after reading this must love bugs. They have zero custmer service. All the manger could say is I'm sorry. Alot of good that does me when I am still scratching from the bites I got and the sheer disgust of seeing BUGS IN MY BED.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Zandra S.:

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write your review. Our primary goal is to take care of our Guests, to meet and exceed their expectations and to create a truly local and memorable experience for them.

We regret to acknowledge that despite of our efforts to accommodate your needs it seemed that we were unable to meet your expectations. We are constantly learning from our guest's feedback and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We do appreciate your comments and we hope to make any corrections where needed.

Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

The hotel looked nice on the internet and once we checked in, it wasn't anything like the pics... What made it worse is we found a bed bug in our room. We took pics of it & even made a video... Even though they gave us a refund and a new room, I can't help the fact they had bed bugs.

• Stayed May 2014
Jose P, General Manager at South Seas Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear ShanaJ313:

We are aghast and humbly apologize for the highly unusual situation that you mentioned in your review. We take our role as providers of hospitality very seriously and are proud of our exceedingly high standards and procedures pertaining to cleanliness of all kinds. That's in addition to priding ourselves on the professional, friendly service cited by many reviewers before you. We certainly took immediate action and provided additional remedies which, at the time of your stay, you seemed to acknowledge were upfront and sincere. We believe that our actions went above and beyond taking all steps possible to ensure that your stay was a comfortable one. Then, of course, we dealt with the underlying issue as completely and professionally as humanly possible by calling in expert help.

I can assure you and any/all future guests that we, like all conscientious hotels throughout Miami and the world, have extremely rigorous standards and pro-active procedures for avoiding instances such as these. I invite anyone who would like more details about the regimens we follow on a regular basis to assure the cleanliness of our property to call me directly at (305) 538-1411 for information.

Meanwhile, as the vast majority of our guests' reviews indicate, there is a great deal to enjoy at the South Seas Hotel on Miami's South Beach! I'm sorry I wasn't there to speak with you directly during your stay over Memorial Day Weekend. I hope there were other aspects of your stay that you found enjoyable.

Sincerely yours,

Jose.

Jose Penaranda
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Had a wonderful stay a few years ago and when it came time to revisiting Miami Beach, South Seas was a no brainer. However, this time it was a disappointment. We had the worst "Classic Room" in the whole hotel, facing a wall a few feet away from our window, small and cramped. The bathroom was old and mold growing in the ceiling. To make matters worst, it was right next to the cleaning closet and laundry shoot. The cleaning service started their work around 8am everyday. We were woken up by vacuum cleaners, walkie talkie noise, cleaning staff chatting and laughing outside, constant slamming of doors including a weird noise made by the laundry shoot every time it was opened and closed. NOT exactly a relaxing vacation! In end realized probably would have been worth twice the price to stay at ex Delanos down the street where we could at least have enjoyed our stay.

Also do not use the rental car service arranged by the front dest, it is a total rip off. When I called the hotel earlier to inquire about it they said "don't worry, we can easily arrange it for you". So I didn't worry, until we arrived and found out the rental car place closes at 7p everyday so that if you return later you'll have to pay for valet parking at the hotel overnight. Overall ended up spending $100 for a one day car rental when could have spent around $50 had I rented a car in advance. Obviously less impressed by the hotel front desk staff's "don't worry" attitude.

The breakfast and pool restaurant were not good, but that was the same last time I visited. The only nice things that stayed the same since my last visit was the pool area, easy access to beach and Lincoln road and of course the beach - hardly unique qualities given a hundreds of hotel in the same area!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Management A, Staff and Management at South Seas Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

We regret to acknowledge that your recent experience was not as pleasant as your previous visits. We take guest’s feedback very seriously and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered on this visit. Your remarks certainly leave us with room to improve and we can assure you these will be top priority for our Management team.

If you ever travel back and wish to give us another chance, please contact us direct at vacation@southseashotel.com or 1-800-345-2678, so that we can make sure you are on a high floor in the quietest location.

South Seas Hotel

Been to South Seas Hotel? Share your experiences!