“Great value and perfect location!!” 4 of 5 stars

You added South Seas Hotel to your Saves list
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1751 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #101 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Montreal, Canada
“Great value and perfect location!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed at the South Seas Hotel with my boyfriend for 3 nights in April 2014 and absolutely loved it!! I recommend this to anyone looking for great value, a charming resort feel and an awesome location. Staying here was the best of both worlds- relaxing oasis on the beach in the heart of bustling south beach near great restaurants, nightlife and shopping. Our room was comfortable and clean and we had a beautiful view of the pool and ocean. Obsessed with the fish tacos at the resto bar... delicious!!! We had it everyday.. couldnt resist it as a snack during happy hour. I will definitely book at the south seas again if back in miami.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Management S, Staff and Management at South Seas Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Jen:

Thank you for sharing such a nice review about the South Seas Hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay and appreciated our hotel amenities and unbeatable location. Our Chef was glad to know that our fish tacos became your favorite appetizer during happy hour.

We hope your travels will bring you back soon enough so you may try every item on our upcoming “World Cup Special Menu”. Always contact us direct at vacation@southseashotel.com or 1-800-345-2678 to find out about our Summer Packages!

Best regards,

South Seas Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
New Bedford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I go to Miami once a year and The South Seas Hotel has always been our go to place. It's nice to know that we'll get the same pleasant experience every time we visit. The Hotel is always has that fresh and clean feel to it and the staff is super friendly. I highly recommend South Seas to anyone looking to unwind and have a relaxing vacation in Miami!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Management S, Staff and Management at South Seas Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Michelle:

Thank you so much for recommending the South Seas Hotel to everyone, it means a lot to our team. We are very grateful for your loyalty to our hotel and all your nice words, especially for considering our hotel your "go to place" in Miami Beach. We do hope your tips can provide insight to future travelers!

We would be delighted to have you back again soon! Please remember to contact us direct at vacation@southseashotel.com or 1-800-345-2678 to find out about our Summer packages!

Warm regards,

South Seas Hotel.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I checked into the South Seas hotel on may 31. My first room had a broken bed, so naturally they gave me a different room. Unfortuantely the second room had bugs in the bed. I got so bit up. It was after midnight and I had to move to another hotel. So discusting, unhealthy. The manager refunded my money, but, when I told someone in the lobby that I had bugs in my bed the manager called security on me. So ridiculous, I am a 71 year old 4'10 female---and he called security. Anyone that stays there after reading this must love bugs. They have zero custmer service. All the manger could say is I'm sorry. Alot of good that does me when I am still scratching from the bites I got and the sheer disgust of seeing BUGS IN MY BED.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Zandra S.:

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write your review. Our primary goal is to take care of our Guests, to meet and exceed their expectations and to create a truly local and memorable experience for them.

We regret to acknowledge that despite of our efforts to accommodate your needs it seemed that we were unable to meet your expectations. We are constantly learning from our guest's feedback and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We do appreciate your comments and we hope to make any corrections where needed.

Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

The hotel looked nice on the internet and once we checked in, it wasn't anything like the pics... What made it worse is we found a bed bug in our room. We took pics of it & even made a video... Even though they gave us a refund and a new room, I can't help the fact they had bed bugs.

• Stayed May 2014
Jose P, General Manager at South Seas Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear ShanaJ313:

We are aghast and humbly apologize for the highly unusual situation that you mentioned in your review. We take our role as providers of hospitality very seriously and are proud of our exceedingly high standards and procedures pertaining to cleanliness of all kinds. That's in addition to priding ourselves on the professional, friendly service cited by many reviewers before you. We certainly took immediate action and provided additional remedies which, at the time of your stay, you seemed to acknowledge were upfront and sincere. We believe that our actions went above and beyond taking all steps possible to ensure that your stay was a comfortable one. Then, of course, we dealt with the underlying issue as completely and professionally as humanly possible by calling in expert help.

I can assure you and any/all future guests that we, like all conscientious hotels throughout Miami and the world, have extremely rigorous standards and pro-active procedures for avoiding instances such as these. I invite anyone who would like more details about the regimens we follow on a regular basis to assure the cleanliness of our property to call me directly at (305) 538-1411 for information.

Meanwhile, as the vast majority of our guests' reviews indicate, there is a great deal to enjoy at the South Seas Hotel on Miami's South Beach! I'm sorry I wasn't there to speak with you directly during your stay over Memorial Day Weekend. I hope there were other aspects of your stay that you found enjoyable.

Sincerely yours,

Jose.

Jose Penaranda
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Had a wonderful stay a few years ago and when it came time to revisiting Miami Beach, South Seas was a no brainer. However, this time it was a disappointment. We had the worst "Classic Room" in the whole hotel, facing a wall a few feet away from our window, small and cramped. The bathroom was old and mold growing in the ceiling. To make matters worst, it was right next to the cleaning closet and laundry shoot. The cleaning service started their work around 8am everyday. We were woken up by vacuum cleaners, walkie talkie noise, cleaning staff chatting and laughing outside, constant slamming of doors including a weird noise made by the laundry shoot every time it was opened and closed. NOT exactly a relaxing vacation! In end realized probably would have been worth twice the price to stay at ex Delanos down the street where we could at least have enjoyed our stay.

Also do not use the rental car service arranged by the front dest, it is a total rip off. When I called the hotel earlier to inquire about it they said "don't worry, we can easily arrange it for you". So I didn't worry, until we arrived and found out the rental car place closes at 7p everyday so that if you return later you'll have to pay for valet parking at the hotel overnight. Overall ended up spending $100 for a one day car rental when could have spent around $50 had I rented a car in advance. Obviously less impressed by the hotel front desk staff's "don't worry" attitude.

The breakfast and pool restaurant were not good, but that was the same last time I visited. The only nice things that stayed the same since my last visit was the pool area, easy access to beach and Lincoln road and of course the beach - hardly unique qualities given a hundreds of hotel in the same area!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Management A, Staff and Management at South Seas Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

We regret to acknowledge that your recent experience was not as pleasant as your previous visits. We take guest’s feedback very seriously and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered on this visit. Your remarks certainly leave us with room to improve and we can assure you these will be top priority for our Management team.

If you ever travel back and wish to give us another chance, please contact us direct at vacation@southseashotel.com or 1-800-345-2678, so that we can make sure you are on a high floor in the quietest location.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed here 5 days and had a very enjoyable, relaxing stay.

Check-in took less than 2 minutes, which is always appreciated, especially if you've just spent 9+ hours sitting in a long metal tube.

The standard room was very spacious, A/C worked well, and although the view was of the neighbouring hotel (about 3 metres away) I decided this was a good thing as no direct sunlight meant a cooler room - every dark cloud has a silver lining..!

Location wise, it's perfect. Collins' one side, the beach on the other and the best palm tree hammock grove inbetween. Having wifi and light breakfasts thrown in meant you never got the feeling the hotel was trying to nickel and dime you, unlike the impressions you get from other SoBe hotel reviews.

As mentioned by others, the bad things would be: the interior of the hotel looks a bit tired. You get the feeling maintenance & housekeeping are fighting a slowly losing battle trying to keep the place tip-top. My biggest gripe would be reserved for the nearby Surfcomber Hotel and their constant deep bass transient/dance music noise .... morning, noon and night - although I realise that's not the problem of South Seas.

Reception, housekeeping, pool staff were all very amiable, as were security, who kept a watchful eye over proceedings, which made it a very relaxing trip - one that I hope will be repeated in the near future, but for much longer.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the South Seas Hotel. We truly appreciate all your kind comments, especially your endorsements of our staff and our tropical garden. Rest assured we will pass on the endorsements to the different members of our service team.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another peaceful and relaxing stay at the South Seas Hotel. Please remember to contact us at vacation@southseashotel.com or 1-800-345-2678 to find out about our Summer packages!

Warm regards,

South Seas Hotel.
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Recently stayed May 9th-May11th. We booked the pool/palm view. This was a package they were offering that included one day of free parking and the 2nd day of discounted parking, $25 food credit at Pilikia poolside restaurant and 2 complimentary drinks of any wine or beer. Our room was very spacious for us and clea.King bed was very comfortable. Grounds and pool were nice. Continental breakfast was included. It was bagels and bread(toaster available), fruit, pastries, coffee and juice, Everything was fresh.
You are a short walk away from the beach, literally steps away. You can rent chairs and umbrellas for the beach, but we mostly stayed poolside. Plenty of shade at the pool for people who want to shield themselves from the strong sun.
The Bar and onsite pool restaurant Pilikia By The Pool had great food. I ordered fish tacos that were amazing and a salad for lunch. My friend had a grouper sandwich and an omelette , Both were equally amazing. Happy hour was 6-7p with 1/2 off drinks. Suzzanna the bartender was lots of fun and made amazing drinks! She even created a spicy margarita drink for me!
If you have a car, you need to pay $29 a day. Your car is taken to a parking garage by the hotel valet. You need to call for the car and you are told it will take 15-20min . My only dislike is that the car is not on the property. I understand that parking is limited at the South Seas as well as ohter properties in the area. I would say that is my only negative comment.
I am not sure why other people gave it such negative comments . It is what is; A small boutique hotel. It is affordable compared to other hotels in the area. The location is great. Lincoln Rd which has many restaurants and stores is about a 5 min walk from hotel. Ocean Drive is about 15-20min walk away. I will most definitely stay again :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Management A, Staff and Management at South Seas Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to provide a thorough review of your stay at the South Seas Hotel. As you mentioned, our hotel is located right in the heart of South Beach, steps from the ocean, walking distance to all the happening and to great restaurants, while offering personable service, lounge chairs and towels by the pool without charging the famous Resort Fee! We are glad that our Restaurant staff made a positive impact on your stay and I look forward to passing your comments to them.

Once again, we greatly appreciate your kind remarks about your stay with us, and we'll ensure to continue creating valuable Hotel Packages. Please remember to contact us at vacation@southseashotel.com or 1-800-345-2678 to find out about our Summer packages!

Warmest regards,

South Seas Hotel

Been to South Seas Hotel? Share your experiences!