“Home sweet home. ..” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #96 of 200 Hotels in Miami Beach
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“Home sweet home. ..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Best crew at South Seas Irwin, Miguel, Laura. ... just to name a few. They are ALWAYS so hospitable.

When in Miami, I only stay at South Seas. .. have gone to Miami several times a year for ~8 yrs

The iguanas, which are a new issue in south Florida are scary to me. But that's not the hotels fault. They are everywhere.

The only other issue, for me, is the lack of eggs as part of the continental breakfast.

I go back again tomorrow and can't wait.

• Stayed May 2013
Reinier C, Guest Service Manager at South Seas Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Anahid K.:

Welcome back !!! On behalf of our entire staff at the South Seas Hotel, I would like to personally thank your for your loyalty. We are pleased to know that you continue enjoying your stay with us.

I look forward to greeting you in person during your stay.

With warmest regards,

South Seas Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I don't recommend Miami as place to have vacation unless you are over 70 its katooony and city for old people
But if you want to visit then you should go to this hotel
The place is very nice an clean the staff is super friendly you can ask them anything they like a tour guide give you all the activity you can do in miami its have a nice free internet
If you visit you should ask for Roberto he know every nice night club ,restaurant in the area
The place have a nice bool u can try and have fun

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for selecting the South Seas Hotel for your recent stay in Miami Beach. I appreciate you acknowledged the efforts made by Robert, our front desk agent, for pointing out the right places for you to visit.

We hope to have you staying with us next time you are visiting Miami Beach.

Best regards,

Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I won a free trip to Miami and this is the hotel that came with the package. The hotel itself is about average. The room was clean, not overly large, about medium, small bathroom. No fridge, that would have been nice. The staff was very helpful and friendly. There is no parking close by. We had a rental car and they have valet service which was very helpful since the parking was so hard to come by. They bring your car whenever you call for it, 24 hour service, which was convenient. Loved that it was right on beach and had a locked gate for security. The walk between the hotel and beach was really nice, well lit and clean. Felt safe taking walks in the evening. Each hotel has its own cabana section on the beach with umbrellas and chairs, but they close up at 6pm which was an inconvenience, but I guess they do it for safety reasons. The continental breakfast was really great, fresh fruit, pastries, eggs and ham, cereal and milk, juice and coffee. It was very crowded though and had a hard time finding a seat in the dining area. I would stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Julie:

Congratulations for winning your trip to sunny Miami Beach! We really appreciate that you shared your experience. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast selections and that our staff was friendly and helpful.

We look forward to serving you again and we hope you will make South Seas Hotel your destination every time your travels bring you to our wonderful city, Miami Beach.

Warm regards,

Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My friends and I had a amazing stay this past week with you. I would highly suggest this hotel. It is more than just a place to stay in Miami. They really take care of you and everyone that works there is polite and and helpful. Not only was it a great stay it was a very reasonable price. The food at the bar was way better than I was expecting. I believe we at lunch by the pool every day we were there. It was right on Collins Ave which means that there is beach access. The beach in front of the hotel was not packed at all (unlike south beach) and there was a gate so only guests could enter back into the pool and lounging areas of the hotel. It was quiet when we needed it to be and fun and exciting when we wanted it to be. It is great for any kind of vacationer whether you are looking for a quiet getaway on a budget or a fun and crazy time. It is a few blocks from South Beach but far enough away that the hustle and bustle does not get in your way when you are trying to relax. I will definitely be back next time I am planning a trip to Miami.

Room Tip: Elevator is small and slow so I suggest asking for a room on the second floor so you can use the sta...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reinier C, Guest Service Manager at South Seas Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your generous comments. I was delighted to read that you and your friends had “an amazing stay” at the South Seas Hotel. Most of our guests prefer to stay by the pool during the day and enjoy from our lunch specialties at Pilikia. I hope you were able to enjoy from most of our menu items, specially our “mahi-mahi” sandwich.

We can’t wait to have you back. Please contact me on your return and I’ll make sure your first “Mojitos” are on the house.

Warm regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Location was pretty good with a short walk to Lincoln Mall, and the beach restaraunts. You could access the beach from the back of the hotel, which was fantastic! The pool area is nice, with enough sun beds around it.
The hotel it's self needs a bit of TLC, with a lot of things looking old, and run down. We were located on the second floor, in a tiny room, barely enough room to fit our luggage in, and a view of the building next door. Breakfast was average, with one juice flavour and two different flavoured cereals and a few pastries. Yes it was free, but I've had much nicer. Location and the pool were my only positives from my stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Chelsea:

On behalf of our entire team at the South Seas Hotel, I would like to personally thank you for your comments. We are constantly acting upon our guest suggestions. I am glad our hotel was conveniently located for you to enjoy from great restaurants and shops within “a short walk.” Our relaxing pool area is one of the favorite amenities mentioned by our repeated guests.

We are currently upgrading some of our room amenities and we have made some changes to our breakfast selections. I hope you give us the opportunity to serve you in the future. Please contact me directly on your return so I can accommodate you in a room more suitable for you.

Barcelona capital
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I would like to start by apologizing first for any misspelling, English is not my first language. Going back to the hotel, the hotel is old fashion, hallways are small but staff are very friendly A+ on this!
I stay in April, walking into the hotel the valet person open the door and you are welcome by two friendly girls. After explaining our accomodations (a fride was a must, had medicine with us) they gave me a room on the third floor. The room cleaning person spoke our language (spanish) thank god! She made us feel like home. Anyways, the bar was ok. A little tiny compared to hotels that we have here in Espana. The pool area was clean and the pool is heated! This was awesome.
Next day morning, breakfast, it was ok no hot food.. prepare for that, but its free :)
After returning from breakfast our room was impecable done, it smell very good! THANK YOU Olga for this! We went straight to shower and head down to lincon, this main street was beautiful. Stores are not that expensive, i found that very tourist friendly. Except the hair cut, it cost me $20 :(
Nightlife at mangos club, ocean drive, was expectacular. I recommend it.

Room Tip: For room i recommend third floor with Olga. She is very friendly, polite and profesional. She is ver...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reinier C, Guest Service Manager at South Seas Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Rene:

Thank you very much for choosing the South Seas Hotel for your stay in Miami Beach. I appreciate that you shared your arrival experience with us. I am happy to know that our valet person was ready at your door, our reception agents were able to accommodate your needs and that Olga, our room attendant, personalized your stay. Your words "she made us feel like home" means a lot to us, as we are always trying to accomplish this.

I was delighted to share your comments and appreciation with our team. We can't wait to have you back!!!

With warmest regards,

Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed in with 2 friends. The location is great because it's on the beach - that's so convenient! Probably worth to spend few bucks more to have ocean view, as we didn't had only view to the other building, not very nice. The rooms are smaller but clean, but maybe some renovation could be useful.
Staff was helpful that was no problem, breakfast were comparing to other us hotels bigger than usually. Pool area also nice! So generally worth for that money, if you are not looking for something more luxurious :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our location, pool area and that our "staff was helpful."

It is great to know we provided a product and service according to your expectations.

I look forward to seeing you soon and please contact me directly prior to your return.

Regards,

South Seas Hotel

Been to South Seas Hotel? Share your experiences!