“Quaint, but.........” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #123 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Winter Springs, Florida
“Quaint, but.........”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

If you are looking for a small, quaint, hotel with charm, then this is the place for you, as I thought it was for my husband, 4 year old daughter and myself. There was a Labor Day special, that we took advantage of, $99.00 per night. It is right on the beach which is a major plus, however it left a lot to be desired. It is really needs a makeover, as it looks very 80's Maimi. The staff tries every hard to keep things clean,, however there was a half of a bar of soap, stuck to the wall of oue shower - nasty! I rubbed it with a wet rag until it dissolved. They offer continental breakfast daily - the saddest breakfast that I have ever seen. If you are a fan of coffee, orange juice, apple juice, cold ceral, and toast,( just 2 slices each!), then this is for you. We have stayed at some fo the cheaper chains and have had better. Would I bring my family here again - absolutely not. We will spend more for better.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

My first impression of the hotel was not what I had expected; I am not a 5 star hotel kind of person but I expected to see what I saw online. However, once I was in my room, I found the accommodations to be quite comfortable & clean. The staff did an exceptional job in directing me around the city by spending time to look up directions & print out maps online. And when my day trip to Key West got messed up, the staff made phone call after phone call to get me onto another bus & even went out of their way to drive me to meet up with another tour a couple miles away.
The hotel is residentially located on a main avenue convenient to public transportation into South Beach, Downtown Miami & further north. There is a large supermarket & many other stores as well as many diverse restaurants reasonable priced.
For what the hotel may lack, though I had everything I needed in my room, the staff more than makes up for it. My experience could not have been more positive due to the staff. Everyone including housekeeping went out of their way to see I had what I needed, felt safe, & enjoyed my time with them. I would highly recommend this hotel & plan on booking with them again on my next trip to Miami in several months.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
philadelphia, usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

My recent visit at Crystal Beach was wonderful. I was a little worried as the entrance was in an alley of sorts however we arrived by noon and even though the website states check in wasnt until 4p we were sent to our room immediately. Elevator is a bit rickety, small and slow but it works. I stuck to the stairs. The room was outdated w/ "Golden Girls furniture but for the $370 for 5days price tag I got exactly what i was expecting. A small kitchenette but I was able to prepare meals w/o much hassle. The bed was quite uncomfortable but nothing that couldnt be tolerated.The AC unit was excellent in the room and housekeeping was wonderful--they washed our dishes. The hotel offers a contintental breakfast of cereal, toast and juice and coffee. If that didnt suit us MCD's and Subway were steps away as was the grocery store. The beach was literally a handful of steps from the pool area of the hotel. The front desk was always helpful and willing to arrange whatever tour or activity you required for the day..the location is kind of far from the excitement of South Beach and cab rides constantly could be costly but for the most part hotel was great and does not deserve some of the horrible reviews it has gotten....perhaps those folks didnt research the location or were expecting way to much for the little cost.....I am a very satisfied traveler!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Kendall, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

the resort is old and dated. but, its right on the beach. the beds are old and hard. but, its right on the beach. the aprking is $20 a day valet. but you can find meters close by at significant details.. oh, the meters are also right on the beach. location is good - close to shopping and dining options.. the pool is small-ish ant the chairs are very old, worn and not inviting - but, then again, its right on the beahc.. and the beach is NIICE!! You will sacrifice some modern comforts and luxury but a good time can still be had. I wouldnt recommend this place to timeshare exchangers giving up their property - you WILL be disappointed..

PS - everything about this place is old and loud - from the elevators, to the creaky floors to the AC...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Elizabeth, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

I just got back from Crystal beach today and after reading all the reviews I was a little scared to stay but omg wow that is all I can say. First of all the staff was great very friendly. We got up to our room and it was very clean and nice we had a seperate living room with couch tv a seperate bedroom with tv a mini kitchen with stove dishwasher coffee maker and silverware. The housekeeping was kept up to date each day we had fresh towels and our room was cleaned.. Lots of good privacy. As for the pool area very cute a lounge are with pool jacuzzi and also big gym we had access to. The beach was right behind the hotel literally 5 feet away. I dont know why so many people complained here if you dont like what you see dont say there. The staff went all out to make our stay even better when we first got there they helped us with our luggage, the day we left they got us a taxi and helped us with our luggage again. Also they serve a decent breakfast each morning which most hotels dont.. If not theres a bunch of restaurants and an ihop right around the corner.... Overall I deffinitely enjoyed my stay at the Crystal beach and will be staying again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Turin, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

The hotel is fine. He has all the confort you need, such as swimming pool, jacuzzi, fitness center, breakfast room. Room are very spacious and nice. The kitchen is quite limited but we managed to cook everything we wanted. it's right on the beach. you can go throught a gate by the swimming pool and you are right on the wonderful beach.
along the beach, there is a nice path for running or walking, even if you have a baby stroller.
Valet parking is very expensive. You can park by the supermarket in front for short period of time for free.
Room cleaning wasn't spotless and the guys at front desk weren't all very knoledgeble but we had a very good holiday.
I recommend it as a base for visiting miami beach area, the city of miami and the south of florida.
It's close to 2 major shopping centers: Delfin mall, miami, and aventura mall, fort lauderldale. amazing shopping.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

We just came back from our vacation in Miami.I booked the hotel on their direct website and I've got a great deal!We were little worried because of the bad reviews, but we loved our stay at the hotel.What not to like?! It is located on the beach and just 4 miles from South Beach-away from all the noise and yet close enough to go shopping or for a walk.They don't make you use the valet parking for $20.00 a day(like most of the hotels in Miami). They give you 3 options and one of them is the public parking -2 minutes away - for $6.50 a day.You can not beat that!The staff was very helpful.The hotel was clean ,and so our suite.They have a pool right next to the beach and a boardwalk between them.Even there is a fitness center in the hotel.There are stores and restaurants close by.Overall great location and excellent value!After all, you can not expect 5 star hotel when you are paying for 2 1/2 stars!I am happy I didn't book any of those fancy little hotels in South Beach-when we drove by they looked like nobody had use them for years.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Crystal Beach Suites & Health Club? Share your experiences!