“Old and outdated.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #125 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Windsor, Canada
“Old and outdated.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is very good positioned for a family vacation in Miami Beach. We stayed there for one week. Service was not that bad except front desk, passionate for selling tours and indifferent to customers’ needs.
The problem is that, the hotel is so old and outdated that will take 10 pages to describe it. I will never recommend this hotel to anybody

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Curitiba, PR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2015

We were there in the begining of January. We arrived early and the room was not ready yet. We left our luggage (free of charge) with the valet man. The room of ok, the location was ok too. They need to concern more about cleaning.
We didn´t have any problem and the satff was friendly.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

Hotel was very nice good location and nice rooms but why have all that if you have horrible customer service?? Worst customer service I have ever had a hotel in my life!!! Will not be back for sure.. Employees should they didn't care what so ever about guest and didn't pay attention to guest always felt like they didn't want to be there or didn't want to help.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2015

I arrived 4 days ago and just want to tell you my reasons to stay away of this hotel:
1. A lot of hair EVERYWHERE
2. Old carpet and extra dirty
3. Old towels and super bad quality
4. Small 80's Old tv and bad tv cable too
5. Room service the worst and only clean the rooms once a week. The ladies only says: "room service" and says "I must go, so please take the soap and the clean paper urgently"
6. Front desk super bad attention by phone calls
7. Air conditioning never works and fridge and stove are old and super bad quality
8. They are painting the building inside this week and smells so bad
9. You must wait a lot to take the elevator
10. No parking at all
11. The fire alarm sounds twice per morning. I'm still waiting for the handyman to fix it
12. Employees look tired and two of them told me in the elevator they want to quit.
And the last one:
The hotel owner has a super Mercedes Benz brand new and he knows this hotel is a shi** but he knows too he is making money with this business.
All the hotel has the work permits everywhere so I don't know how they took it

I want my money back
Bye

• Stayed January 2015
Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2015

We begin by entering the front steps where the valet man decided to help us with our bags free of charge. He was very considerate of us and our belongings. We get to the desk and the Lobby worker told us our room wasn't ready yet but we could leave our bags with the valet and they would secure it for us. We were a little hesitant but he gave us a voucher and locked his room behind us. We were grateful for that. We began to roam around Miami Beach and they called us an hour later saying our room was ready even though it wasn't supposed to be ready until 1. We got into our room at 11. It was great to be able to go back and relax after a long cruise. We got up to the room and what we walked into was not what we thought we were going to get. Other than the pink all over the cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom it was a decent Hotel room. The bed was stiff as a board and the pull out couch was awful for my cousin to sleep on with springs throughout the entire thing. When we got into the room we immediately turned the ac down due to the room being 75. 75 is way to warm for us to be staying in and after we unpacked and got our things settled in we made our way to the beach. 3 hours later after returning the room was at 73... a 2 degree difference. Well we decided to go out to dinner and hopefully when the sun was fully down there would be a difference in temperature. Once we got back the room went back up to 75! We opened the window in the master bedroom which is the "ONLY" window in the entire Hotel room and tried to go to sleep. We couldn't take it anymore after that. I called the lobby and they said they would send a worker to check it out. I opened the a/c and it was frozen over.. The worker came and and I told him what happened to the unit and he looked at it at first glimpse and all he could say was "UH OH." Now he said that he would have to shut off the a/c for an hour... We were already and bed and ready to go to sleep at 11 PM! So we asked to get switched rooms so we didn't have to stay in the heated room.. She sent the maid to take us to the other room. When we got to the room it was way smaller than our other room, the kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom were all significantly smaller... The main tv in the living room only had 5 of the 20+ channels they offered. The only good thing about the room was the ac actually worked. We were so unsatisfied with our room we called down to see why our room was smaller than the other room and she said they weren't different in size.. yet everything was smaller... We asked if we could talk to a manager and she said they wouldn't be in till 9 am on Monday. The next day we canceled that nights stay and they were supposed to refund us for the night. I have still yet to receive the money but that's a waiting game anyways. The lobby worker was nice and very helpful with everything we needed. He also gave us tips with talking to the manager. We found another Hotel and was far better than this place. My cousin called the manager and they did not get in till 12 pm on Monday and said they'd have to call us back. Unfortunately after their "investigation" they said the claims were false and did not give us a refund. We went through so much trouble with this Hotel I recommend everyone staying away from it. The pictures do not do it justice as to how awful this place is. It is run down and not worth the 200$ a night pricetag. On top of that be sure if you do stay there and have a car/rental to be ready to pay for valet each day since there is no parking just as in all of Miami Beach. Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT STAY HERE!

The upside to the place was it was right on the beach. If you do not care about customer service from management or problems with the room then this is the place for you.

Pay the extra money to stay somewhere that you'll be taken care of.

Room Tip: If you want a good room I suppose getting the Premium Suite they offer or else it will be a dump hol...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014

We love staying at Crystal Resort. Great location, cozy apartment, good pool, etc. Chad is the best! He was always there for us! TVs are old, but work good. There are restaurants and stores near it. We'll definitely come back!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

Other than it's location this hotel has nothing going for it. Cabs don't even want to go there to pick up its guests. The rooms are outdated and gross, it felt like it hadn't been vacuumed in weeks. There was a damp moist oder throughout the hotel and room. It was vile. The staff might as well have been asleep (I'm pretty sure at one point the valet was) because they were not helpful or knowledgeable at all. You have to carry all of your own stuff and bring your keys to the valet because he doesn't bother to come to your car. Worst hotel experience ever! oh and when I complained about my room and they said I could look at a different one the lady who brought me my keys didn't speak a word of English. NOT ONE! not even enough to tell me she didn't speak English - she proceeded to only give me directions in Spanish (i think) and then walk away. I promise anyone looking to stay at this hotel that there will always be a better option! Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Crystal Beach Suites & Health Club? Share your experiences!