“Decent enough” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #132 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Sacramento, California
“Decent enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I will start out that I'm a timeshare owner at this resort. I stayed in my unit 209 March 3rd, 4th, 2013. Unit #209 has not been refurbished, but did have the new sofa sleeper. The renovated suites are on the 4th floor and they are working their way down. The 1br/1ba suite has a kitchenette, which has a 2 burner stove, mini fridge, mini dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender, pots/pans, as do all suites there. The bedroom has a queen size bed. The furnishings are definitely outdated. The room was clean and no funny smells, no problems. Unit 209 is directly on the corner of 70th & Collins Ave above the bar/pizza shop. I was expecting noise from the street traffic to be a major factor, but as it turned out, not really an issue. I could here vehicles occasionally but nothing major to interrupt my sleep.

The resort itself does sit on the beach behind the boardwalk. There is a small pool area and a full fitness center, which seemingly has some sort of membership. I do not know if hotel guests or timeshare owners have complimentary use as I didn't workout this trip. There is not a restaurant onsite, but plenty of restaurants within 2 blocks. Manolo's is about 2 blocks away and was awesome, they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and the prices are reasonable, meaning $12.95 or less. Ihop is nearly across the street along with Cuban restaurant, greek restaurant, subway, pizza, bar is on the other corner and as mentioned below the crystal beach resort on the corner. I should mention that complimentary wifi worked fine.

I would recommend staying here, but do not overpay. Updated rooms are very, very nice and a room that hasn't been updated is nearly ordinary.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Los Gatos, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The January 2013 reviews had me wanting to get out of this reservation but I couldn't find an alternative given high season. My family was expecting a cesspool but was pleasantly suprised. We requested and received a remodeled suite which was fine with small kitchen and sofabed. The lobby was bright and clean and front desk helpful. The big selling point is the location. This hotel is on the beach (not across street); sharing the same stunnning beach as other four star hotels in area. Amazing food right across Colllins Street (including Juicy Gyros, Mr. Taco for budget and then many other higher end selections and convient to the large supermarket also on Collins. Hotel went out of their way to tell me how to avoid using their vallet parking, including being well stocked with quarters (this is a narrow populated urban island and parking is an issue - we only had to use valet one out of four nights). Felt that reviews were for a different hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hicksville, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is an unusual property in that half the rooms are newly updated and the other half are stuck in 1985. If you get one of the new rooms you will enjoy it, if not, you always have the beach, restaurants, shops. Good location is the best selling feature of this place. The GM is a wonderful woman that will do everything in her power to make sure your stay is enjoyable.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a remodeled room!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel was booked for me for a week so I had no choice in stay. I went straight to Trip Advisor to read reviews on this Hotel before heading to Miami Beach. With so many bad reviews I new I was in for quite a stay. There is a plaque on front of building stating hotel was built in 1951, the rooms suggest that and I don't mean art deco. Even though the room was clean it did not look it. Everything was old and misused over the years-burn marks from cigarettes, bathtub with patch in it, carpet starting to roll and so on. The cleaning staff was very good, but they can only do so much with what they have to work with. Staff at front desk was also very helpful and friendly. The one great thing about hotel is the beach is right there and I mean right there. Out the front door to the right is beach and beach walkway. Parking is a bit of a pain. Valet parking is expensive, but that is no different than anywhere else in Miami Beach. There is meter parking on side street next to front entrance and is $1.00/hr-25cents for 15min after first hour which you have to feed from 8am to 6pm and overnite is free, but they are usually full. There is a parking lot 2 blocks away where you buy tickets instead of feeding meters. If you buy ticket right before 6pm time jumps to 8am next morning and I didn't have to run over at 8am to buy another ticket. Two things saved this trip, the beach and the great weather while we were there. This Hotel would definitely not be my choice of lodging.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The price for a room is cheap, but unfortunately so is the decor. You pretty much get what you pay for here. They have a gym and spa which is a nice feature for the price. The only real plus to this place is this gorgeous tall receptionist. I kind of regret not asking her out. Maybe next time I'm in Miami I'll pay her a visit :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The hotel location is good, right next to the beach. Our room was facing the courtyard, not beach view. The courtyard made me think I was somewhere in a Russian prison. The staff that cleans your rooms are very nice. Front desk was a bit sketchy. Tried to charge for everything but the air we breathe.

The Appliances in the room are stuck in 1991. The bed feels like a trampoline.

Spend a little more money somewhere and have a great time.

I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
Colchester, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My family and I stayed at this resort in Miami Beach because we got a really good deal on this resort. My first impression, the hotel looked really nice from the exterior since it was along Miami Beach and the pool and grounds were amazing. However, as soon as I got in the lobby, things turned in another direction. The lobby wasn't quite clean and we got our room key and made our way up, the elevators there looked like they haven't been maintained since the 1980s. Anyway, we get to our room and our family could immediately tell that this hotel wasn't going to be fun. The whole room was pink and everything was so dated. We only found one towel and bar of soap in the shower, the bed was as bouncy as my friend's trampoline, and half of the appliances in the room kitchen didn't even work. The TV itself looked at least 15 years old and the room might have met our standards if we stayed there in 1982. My mom was pretty disgusted with it so my dad called up another hotel. There was only one bed so my brother and I had to share a cot (obviously it wasn't a comfortable sleep). We left the next day pretty disappointed with our visit to this hotel and we will not be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Crystal Beach Suites & Health Club? Share your experiences!