“Will Not Stay Again” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #127 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Will Not Stay Again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel was booked for me for a week so I had no choice in stay. I went straight to Trip Advisor to read reviews on this Hotel before heading to Miami Beach. With so many bad reviews I new I was in for quite a stay. There is a plaque on front of building stating hotel was built in 1951, the rooms suggest that and I don't mean art deco. Even though the room was clean it did not look it. Everything was old and misused over the years-burn marks from cigarettes, bathtub with patch in it, carpet starting to roll and so on. The cleaning staff was very good, but they can only do so much with what they have to work with. Staff at front desk was also very helpful and friendly. The one great thing about hotel is the beach is right there and I mean right there. Out the front door to the right is beach and beach walkway. Parking is a bit of a pain. Valet parking is expensive, but that is no different than anywhere else in Miami Beach. There is meter parking on side street next to front entrance and is $1.00/hr-25cents for 15min after first hour which you have to feed from 8am to 6pm and overnite is free, but they are usually full. There is a parking lot 2 blocks away where you buy tickets instead of feeding meters. If you buy ticket right before 6pm time jumps to 8am next morning and I didn't have to run over at 8am to buy another ticket. Two things saved this trip, the beach and the great weather while we were there. This Hotel would definitely not be my choice of lodging.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

211 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The price for a room is cheap, but unfortunately so is the decor. You pretty much get what you pay for here. They have a gym and spa which is a nice feature for the price. The only real plus to this place is this gorgeous tall receptionist. I kind of regret not asking her out. Maybe next time I'm in Miami I'll pay her a visit :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel location is good, right next to the beach. Our room was facing the courtyard, not beach view. The courtyard made me think I was somewhere in a Russian prison. The staff that cleans your rooms are very nice. Front desk was a bit sketchy. Tried to charge for everything but the air we breathe.

The Appliances in the room are stuck in 1991. The bed feels like a trampoline.

Spend a little more money somewhere and have a great time.

I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
Colchester, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My family and I stayed at this resort in Miami Beach because we got a really good deal on this resort. My first impression, the hotel looked really nice from the exterior since it was along Miami Beach and the pool and grounds were amazing. However, as soon as I got in the lobby, things turned in another direction. The lobby wasn't quite clean and we got our room key and made our way up, the elevators there looked like they haven't been maintained since the 1980s. Anyway, we get to our room and our family could immediately tell that this hotel wasn't going to be fun. The whole room was pink and everything was so dated. We only found one towel and bar of soap in the shower, the bed was as bouncy as my friend's trampoline, and half of the appliances in the room kitchen didn't even work. The TV itself looked at least 15 years old and the room might have met our standards if we stayed there in 1982. My mom was pretty disgusted with it so my dad called up another hotel. There was only one bed so my brother and I had to share a cot (obviously it wasn't a comfortable sleep). We left the next day pretty disappointed with our visit to this hotel and we will not be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Richardson, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Some strong considerations for choosing this hotel would be:
1. Discounted rates
2. Kitchenette
3. Beach at a stone's throw
4. Hotel front public parking (reasonably paid)

My husband & I went for the trip.They also provide city tour and a day trip to Bahamas.If U go for any of the trips,pls check the rates with other hotels also as there may be a price difference.

This hotel was good but purpose was lost.As beach lovers, we could have enjoyed better at the South Beach.

Overall,better than average "home like hotel".One will enjoy the silent time by the beach-side with wine and chips.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Maui
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

What a dive! The big clue was the posting on the room door that the hotel was not responsible if anything was stolen from your room, but the security lock was broken on the door! There was a check list of all the items in the rooms and charges on each if anything was taken. Really? Who would want the pillows that should have been tossed? Who would want the items from the rooms? The small frig was not cold enough to keep food at a safe temperature and it had no control to make it colder. The drawers no longer stayed on their tracks, the bed was hard as a rock, parking was way to expensive for such a crappy place to stay ($26 a night). The nice hotels and condos in the area don't charge that much! The sign by the elevator warned people not to use it. It rarely worked properly. The shower hardly worked. Service people came into the rooms during the day to "check" on things such as the water heater, strangely enough. The parking attendants, most of whom could not speak or understand English, had enough English to hustle you to park directly with them rather than through the hotel. They also worked for the hotel. There's also a warning that if you depart early, you are charged more--that should be a person's first clue about the place, suggesting a history of people not wanting to stay the entire time booked due to the poor quality and lack of safety in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at the Crystal Beach in June 2012. The price was great (under $100 per night) for an oceanfront hotel. My room was the cheapest but I had a suite, with a separate bedroom, kitchenette and partial ocean view.
The hotel gives you gym access and a pool.
The location is in Miami Beach, about a 10 minute drive to South Beach. There are many restaurants and stores across the street and close by but these are not the "in" places. If you need to be in South Beach, this may not be a good choice; however, if you don't mind the drive or aren't looking to be in all the action, this a perfect choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Crystal Beach Suites & Health Club? Share your experiences!