“good on the outside, bad on the inside” 2 of 5 stars

Crystal Beach Suites & Health Club
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6985 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33141-3201   |
Ranked #127 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Colchester, Connecticut
“good on the outside, bad on the inside”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My family and I stayed at this resort in Miami Beach because we got a really good deal on this resort. My first impression, the hotel looked really nice from the exterior since it was along Miami Beach and the pool and grounds were amazing. However, as soon as I got in the lobby, things turned in another direction. The lobby wasn't quite clean and we got our room key and made our way up, the elevators there looked like they haven't been maintained since the 1980s. Anyway, we get to our room and our family could immediately tell that this hotel wasn't going to be fun. The whole room was pink and everything was so dated. We only found one towel and bar of soap in the shower, the bed was as bouncy as my friend's trampoline, and half of the appliances in the room kitchen didn't even work. The TV itself looked at least 15 years old and the room might have met our standards if we stayed there in 1982. My mom was pretty disgusted with it so my dad called up another hotel. There was only one bed so my brother and I had to share a cot (obviously it wasn't a comfortable sleep). We left the next day pretty disappointed with our visit to this hotel and we will not be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Richardson, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Some strong considerations for choosing this hotel would be:
1. Discounted rates
2. Kitchenette
3. Beach at a stone's throw
4. Hotel front public parking (reasonably paid)

My husband & I went for the trip.They also provide city tour and a day trip to Bahamas.If U go for any of the trips,pls check the rates with other hotels also as there may be a price difference.

This hotel was good but purpose was lost.As beach lovers, we could have enjoyed better at the South Beach.

Overall,better than average "home like hotel".One will enjoy the silent time by the beach-side with wine and chips.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Maui
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

What a dive! The big clue was the posting on the room door that the hotel was not responsible if anything was stolen from your room, but the security lock was broken on the door! There was a check list of all the items in the rooms and charges on each if anything was taken. Really? Who would want the pillows that should have been tossed? Who would want the items from the rooms? The small frig was not cold enough to keep food at a safe temperature and it had no control to make it colder. The drawers no longer stayed on their tracks, the bed was hard as a rock, parking was way to expensive for such a crappy place to stay ($26 a night). The nice hotels and condos in the area don't charge that much! The sign by the elevator warned people not to use it. It rarely worked properly. The shower hardly worked. Service people came into the rooms during the day to "check" on things such as the water heater, strangely enough. The parking attendants, most of whom could not speak or understand English, had enough English to hustle you to park directly with them rather than through the hotel. They also worked for the hotel. There's also a warning that if you depart early, you are charged more--that should be a person's first clue about the place, suggesting a history of people not wanting to stay the entire time booked due to the poor quality and lack of safety in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at the Crystal Beach in June 2012. The price was great (under $100 per night) for an oceanfront hotel. My room was the cheapest but I had a suite, with a separate bedroom, kitchenette and partial ocean view.
The hotel gives you gym access and a pool.
The location is in Miami Beach, about a 10 minute drive to South Beach. There are many restaurants and stores across the street and close by but these are not the "in" places. If you need to be in South Beach, this may not be a good choice; however, if you don't mind the drive or aren't looking to be in all the action, this a perfect choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Do not not expect a luxury resort here. The rooms are very old but clean. Location is good, close to the beach and some nice small restaurants around it. We particularly liked Little Brazil, An Uruguayan place that sell pizza bu the meter and Cafe prima pasta, also there is a small Argentinian cafe(buenos aires cafe) great for having breakfast, they have pastries and great coffee. Warning with parking!!! the hotel offers parking and we were told it was included in the price of the timeshare exchange, the last day we ended up paying US$180 for a week worth of parking. We ae still trying to get our money back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Gaffney, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Great location!! Mcdonald's across the street, Subway next door, great ice cream shop next door, great frozen yogurt shop across the street next to Mcdonald's, Miami Subs across the street, one block away from George's Italian restaurant! All these places are walking distance from the hotel and all are excellent!! Location, location, location!!! The beautiful laid back beach is in the back yard of this hotel. The swimming pool is very nice and clean with a tropical landscape setting around the pool area. This hotel offers a complete gym with both free weights and machines. Wow never been to a hotel with a gym with all the equipment that my local gym offers me at membership cost but all is yours for free while you are a guest at this hotel!! Parking is accessible on 72nd street which is a short walk from the lobby doors. Parking costs $1.00 per hour and the meters are checked from 8 am until 6 pm seven days a week. So basically parking is free from 6 pm until 8 am. They offer valet parking for $27 dollars a day not counting tips which are expected after you pay the 27 dollars, but I believe thats a rip off! I can walk just a short block away to the city parking lot on 72nd and pay only 10 dollars a day. That's a total savings of $17 dollars a day! You do the math and tell me which one is the better option! Police presence is very apparent in Miami Beach so I felt my car was safe while parked on 72nd street. As far as the rooms they were pretty nice. Water pressure in the shower wasn't very good. Room had excellent air conditioning. Decor was outdated as others have described. You pay for 2 stars but I feel like it was 3 or 4 star value. Had a nice ice machine on the 4th floor which I used to keep my drinks ice cold. Our room was clean and the hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. I really enjoyed this hotel and most certainly for what I paid for it was well worth the money! It's not the nicest place I have stayed but when you only pay for 2 stars you can't expect much! Although it exceeded my expectations and based on other reviews I say they're being to picky on their reviews. Great place to stay and I love some Miami Beach!!! Definately would recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Westland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Pros - Rooms have a good amount of space.
-There is metered parking all around hotel for no cost from 6 pm to 8am. front desk was helpful in changing our dollars to quarters.
-Right next to beach and lots of food close by.
-Decor is extremely outdated. Comes with dishes and sink an dishwasher microwave mini fridge etc which is very convenient.
-shower and toilet are seperated from sick so mirror and sink can be used by someone else at same time

Cons - Wifi doesn't work in rooms. Blankets and comforters aren't comfortable. Feel really old. Losing or breaking one glass is $10.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Crystal Beach Suites & Health Club? Share your experiences!