“Spacious suite, gorgeous view, on the ocean, well equipped, excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach

You added Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   17375 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles, Miami Beach, FL 33160   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #68 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Schenectady, NY
“Spacious suite, gorgeous view, on the ocean, well equipped, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

This is is our third year at the Doubletree Ocean Point to get away from the snow. My sister and I have stayed in Rm 608-1 and 808-1, spacious 2 bedroom (king and queen), 2 bath suites with a full kitchen and breathtaking view of the ocean. Everything is clean and the beds are soft and comfortable. There are several sliding glass doors going out to the balcony from the living room and master bedroom. The balcony has 2 tables, several chairs and a chaise lounge. There are 4 spacious closets, and your own washer and dryer! The baths have white marble floors and the huge master bath has 2 sinks and an oversized jacuzzi tub and separate shower. Everyone on the staff is friendly and helpful. The front desk staff gives out warm choclate chip cookies that are scrumptous! They can also give excellent suggestions for restaurants and activities and whatever you need (fry pan or a vase for flowers). The maids are professional and generous with extra towels, etc. All of the hotels on the beach in Miami have valets ($26/night) but except for prime dinner hours they usually get your car in 5 minutes. The beach is clean and only 10 ft from the pool and whirlpool area. The pool slants down so you gradually walk into the water. The large fitness center has many different machines and weights. I have not used the hotel Spa, but it is usually busy. The hotel is close to everything in Miami. There are drug stores, restaurants and shopping across the street! We have only great things to say about this hotel, and plan to return again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
barry999, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 5, 2010
Dear Snowbird,

I have not spent much time in upstate New York, but I can imagine it was a pleasure to escape the winter snow and spend some time with us at the Doubletree. Thank you for taking the time to document your experience and we are very happy you have chosen to return and look forward to your fourth visit next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

Words can't describe the fantastic weekend we had at the Doubletree Ocean Point! We were greeted at the front desk by the nicest lady, Jennifer James and were so excited to find out that our Hilton Honors Gold upgrade was available! Jennifer then explained all of our benefits for the long weekend. What a wonderful way to start our vacation by having a lovely reception at the front desk! Thank you Jennifer!

The suite was more than we could have asked for! Full kitchen with washer/dryer, extra large living area, and a bed that was so very comfortable! The views from the extra large balcony were spectacular! We loved being able to cook in the comfort of our suite! The pool and beach were awesome!

I wish I could think of someway they could improve, but for me and my husband, the Doubletree Ocean Point is our home away from home in Miami! The only problem is deciding when we can return!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear friends from Oklahoma,

We are very happy we could contribute to your fantastic weekend experience on the Beach. I passed along your comments to Jennifer and her associates and appreciate the time you took to recognize her.

When to return? I wish we all had those problems, but please be assured you are welcome in our house anytime. Hope to see you soon.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

Stayed at the Doubletree for 5 nights in May in a twin room. 2 double beds. Large room and bathroom. Old box TV. Fridge and microwave and kitchen sink. Washing machine and dryer outside of room and shared with one other room. Comfortable beds.
Ask for a room on the North side. As the hotel does not run along the beach, but down from the beach, all the rooms have ocean views. However, if you are facing North you don't have any buildings infront of you. South facing rooms face onto another building.
Buffet breakfast is good. Hot buffet could do with more options (scrambled eggs, bacon - crispy well done rashers rather than the uncooked fatty cutlets you sometimes find in hotels, small tasty sausages, potatoes!, and pancakes. Believe you can also order omelettes from the kichen. Great selection of danish pastries. Plus cereals, cold meats, cheese, yoghurts. All kept well stocked.
Fitness room by the pool but not that big.
Pool is not huge, though plenty of loungers. Poolside bar too.
However, as the hotel is on the beach that's where I spent most of my time. Here the Loungers cost $10 a day which can end up pricey if you have a family.
Walmart across the way and loads more shops the further you walk up the road (Denny's for cheap meals - though seen better days, MacDonalds and nicer restaurants a bit further. All walkable).
Wifi in the room was unpredictable. Signal in the Lobby was much more reliable.
I have no complaints. Hotel has everything I need. Great views from the Lobby and Bedrooms. Location on the beach is great. Perfect base if you want to keep away from the hustle and noise and occasional tackiness of South Beach.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
barry999, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach, responded to this review, May 22, 2010
Dear London,

You are right is saying that our location in Sunny Isles Beach has alot to offer and is a perfect base while in Miami if one wants to keep away from the "hustle and noise" of South Beach. Your comment on our hot breakfast buffet is well taken and we have asked the Chef to see what he can add to enhance our offering to the guests. Is there something special you would have wanted to see?

I am glad you all had a great time and hope we warant another opportunity to serve you and your friends in the future. Come back soon.
Marathon, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights after being in the Keys for 10 days and wish I would have stayed in the Keys. That’s just my personal opinion. After reading some of the reviews, I sent the Manager Barry an email with a few questions regarding the resort and he quickly answered my questions. He put me a very spacious suite with a great ocean view and called me in my room to make sure everything was good, nice touch, I felt bad because I was on another call and was short with him (sorry Barry).
The location is perfect and great beach area had a full moon one night and it was very pretty. They have a terrace that you can have lunch of dinner on with awesome views. There are several stores and restaurants close by, Walgreens is also walking distance if you need any last minute items.
The pool bar is nice and I had a bartender Rick that was awesome, I hope that was his name. I had a broken foot and he brought me buckets of beer on ice while I was in the pool. I love good service and tip pretty well when I get it and he provided great service.
The pool however is WAY TOO WARM. Warmer than bath water and was not refreshing at all, I asked the bartender about it and he said it’s always that hot. It was actually to warm to enjoy after awhile.
Rooms need a little updating but nothing crazy, they have yet to upgrade to HD flat panel TV’s and it’s hard to watch one after you have HD at home and other resorts. But then again, you are on vacation and should not be watching TV correct? They also do not have pay per view movies which I do not understand because it is a nice property with nice amenities like room service, restaurant, etc.
Food was fair to good. Had to send my filet back after I ordered it med-well and even told the waitress they could butterfly it if need be. I hate doing this just because you here all the horror stories of what kitchens do to food when you send things back. Thing is, if I can touch a filet with my fork and tell its not cooked med-well, why can’t a chef? The restaurant was never busy and when I order the filet there was myself and 2 other tables so it’s not like they were slammed.
I ordered a grilled veggie item from the healthy section of the menu a different time and asked for asparagus and red peppers instead of squash. When I received my order it was a pile of fried potato chips and melted fresh mozzarella and under all the grease was the veggies. The veggies were awesome, colorful, however again not sure what kind of chef covers up the colors of rep peppers and asparagus with fried potato chips and cheese when it’s supposed to be healthy???? His presentation skills are lacking.
Had breakfast everyday and it wasn’t bad, nothing spectacular. The ladies who delivered room service were very nice; however the one older gentleman was kinda on the rude side.
I was told by one of the waiters to try the Porterhouse Restaurant down the block. DON’T GO, terrible service with a bunch of Russian dudes sitting around looking mad or something. They have terrible reviews on here too.
They have a little store next to the pool with coffee, soda, water; snacks etc and they also make sandwiches. I had a grilled cheese there which was kinda bad, but the little old lady making them was very nice.
Front desk folks were nice, had an issue with parking fees because I returned my car on the 2nd day there and they charged me for all 4 days, it was an easy fix that they did within minutes.
Valet was okay; one thing I didn’t like was they talked in some language other than English with each other all the time, made me wondering what the hell they were saying, kinda like the feeling you get when you are getting a pedicure and the Asian ladies and chatting back and forth. The $26 a night for parking was kinda expensive to tell you the truth.
Beach area was awesome, nice sandy beach, however the guys renting the chairs and umbrellas is an a hole. I watched from my balcony one morning of him raking the sand and I thought that’s kinda cool, making it look nice and pretty, getting rid of any glass or trash on the beach. So what does the guy do with all the crap he raked up? He frickin buried it. Yes he did, he dug a hole a but the crap in the hole and then covered it up. There are garbage cans every 50ft and one was about 10 feet from him and he still chooses to bury the garbage. Again, what an a-hole. In the hotels defense I think these guys are from a different company, but still.
Overall, nice place with nice folks. Perfect for families and couples.
And Barry I am not trying to be anal about your chef, just a few corrective criticisms is all.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
barry999, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach, responded to this review, May 8, 2010
Dear Phoenix,

I am very glad I was able to contribute to your Miami experience. Don't worry, no need to apologize for the short call. I fully understand.

Your review is very complete and appreciate the time you took to express your thoughts. I have passed along your comments regarding Rick at the Wet Bar and Dolly in the Market t them.

I do not know why the pool water temperature was so warm, but the Chief Engineer is looking into the matter. We were having some unseasonably warm weather and probably the cooling down adjustment from the heated pool was not as responsive as the weather turned.

I have also passed along your comment on the restaurant to the Chef who will review his plate presentaions so that the order is not covered up or disguised.

Again, thanks for staying with us and hope you will make it back in the future.
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

I stayed at the this property in December 2009. I had an oceanfront, 2 bedrm unit and loved everything about my experience from start to finish. I decided to celebrate my 40th birthday there 4 months later. It was great to Samson at the front desk welcoming me back. Shortly after I checked in, strawberries and whipcream with champagne were delivered to my room, compliments of Samson wishing me a Happy Birthday and a wonderful week at the hotel-very nice touch. The valet guys were super fast with the delivery of our car-we didn't have to wait not one time-Johnnies on the spot. I love the location. It was perfect for my friends that were flying in from all different cities (FLL and MIA) are both 15-20 min. away. We had so many options for food and nightlife with the car or a short taxi ride. The food is really good at the hotel. Great restaurants within walking distance too. We stayed on the beach almost everyday. Ricardo would set up our chairs and umbrellas, which were not included in the room fee like pool chairs are. My one regret is that I was in a private owner unit this time. Same floor plan as hotel-huge with w/d, fully equipped kitchen, large master bath, 3 balconies and comfy beds. However, I won't go into to detail but suffice to say, I won't make that mistake again. Next time, I will stay in the hotel. I have tried several hotels in Sunny Isles and this one best meets my needs. Thanks Double Tree

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
barry999, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach, responded to this review, May 4, 2010
Dear Birthday Celebrant,

I am glad that you have selected us as a Home Away From Home after trying several hotels in the area and we played a role in your birthday plans. You mentioned the helpfulness of Samson and I will be sure he and his peers see your comments. We look forward to your return in the future.
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

First let me say we will be back because the overall experience is worth a slap in face or two. The first slap I got when I walked in and I was asked for my passport which I thought was unusual, so I provided my Canadian Passport. the guy behind the desk looked at me as if I had 3 heads, "not that passport" he said. I explained it's the only one I have. He explained because that because I had a friends and family booking rate I needed another type of passport. I said ok, and explained that an employee of Hilton (in their family of hotels) had made the reservation for me as a favor for me and everything would be taken care of. In any case he treated me like dirt (I had just come from the Plush Turnberry Resort in Aventura where I was accustomed to be treated like I mattered). He told me I wouldnt be getting the friends and family rate until it was resolved. He then gave me a room with a lousy view on the 21st or 22nd floor. I walked into the room, dropped by bags, asked my wife to sit for a moment. I called Orlando and got my contact on the phone there, in 10 minutes or less I started receiving treatment better than a $40 a night motel, more consistent with a 4-5 star hotel. I was moved quickly into room 2606 which has a better view (and fruit basket waiting), not looking at a building right in front of you with a little view of the ocean at the 10'oclock position as they originally gave us, when I specificallly called the hotel days before and my contact in Orlando and requested a proper ocean view.

Next problem (same evening), I asked Rachel at the front desk for directions to the nearest Red Lobster, she said my wife and I could talk there as it is just over a mile (she was wearing heels and was dressed to kill so I think Rachel behind the desk was being a little thick). I said can I have the address, she said it wasnt necessary if I was taking a taxi as they all knew where it was. I reluctantly said ok, (I had yet to meet a driver in Miami who didnt need an address to go anywhere). She called the taxi, a driver showed up and I said please take us to Red Lobster about 1 mile away, he chuckled and said I have no idea where you are going man. I was a little angry now, so I took my lady out of the car, went back to the desk and asked her again what the address was, she said it wasnt your cab, dont worry (good thing cause he drove away). I waited 20 more minutes and no cab showed up.

I went back to the desk and guess what, Rachel was gone so I thought. I was very to the point by now, I requested from the gentleman behind the desk (the same one who originally treated me like dirt when I checked in) the number of the taxi company Rachel called and the exact address of the Red Lobster, he knew neither but went to get her and she came out. I got the taxi number but it turns out that she had NO CLUE whatsoever what she was talking about with respect to the location of Red Lobster and the "we could walk there" idea blew up quick when finding out it was a $25 cab ride. Finally she gave us the address we requested 3 times and we got an "I am sorry sir" when I told her point blank how wreckless she had been, particularly when pointing the direction we could start walking in. And the cab, one of the valet guys called up a cab, now over 1/2 an hour since we were in the lobby, we had an address and a cab on the way.

We checked out on Saturday and had a late morning flight to catch, room service was at least 20 minutes late from requested delivery time on door (they gave it to us complimentary). Be careful to leave yourself enough time to eat the morning you checkout.

Assuming you need nothing from the front desk other than chocolate cookies (which they give out and they are good) this hotel offers a great location, huge 900sq ft+ rooms equipped with kitchens, large bathrooms. The beach is excellent and they provide chairs for $10 and umbrellas for $15. We were lucky enough to have wild dolphins surface within 30 yards of the shore, beautiful.

The guy at the front desk bounced back completely after the initial bad start, he treated us brilliantly after a bad start. I dont have much use for the lady who I dont trust to remind me where the elevators are.

I will be back, great location on the beach and my room here was superior to the one I had at the Turnberry in Aventura. Strong value for the money even with the bumps along the way.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Friend and Family,

I was happy to read that your check in experience was resolved and that your accommodations turned out to be what you anticipated. You mentioned you will return and we look forward to greeting you once again. Although you had some difficulty getting proper directions you did bring up a very good point and that is for us to re-enforce some of our training sessions so our staff could be more helpful and resourceful. This has already started and we anticipate guests like yourself will not be inconvenienced with the wrong information in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Hope to see you soon.
Derbyshire UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

Recently stayed at the Doubletree to be at my son's wedding in Miami.
I am in a wheelchair and enquired beforehand as to whether the hotel was wheelchair friendly and had adapted rooms.
As soon as we arrived we knew there would be problems, the hotel (like many on Collins Avenue) stand elevated at the top of steep driveways.
The room was lovely a one bedroom suite with adapted bathroom having a seat in the shower with grab rails and grab rails at the toilet. Large bedroom, lounge and kitchen with all the appliances.
Good beach but thought that $35 + tax and gratuity for 2 beds and parasol was extremely expensive especially when similar hotels did not charge at all.
So when we wanted to go out we enquired with reception as to other means for wheelchair users, the drive being too steep and not safe. The reception staff offered us a way through the lower level secure car park, but as it is secure this could only be used accompanied by a member of staff. She gave us a phone number to ring when we wanted to return and someone would meet us. This did not happen and no one answered the phone. Our only option was the steep driveway and I am very lucky that my partner is very strong and pushed me up. This was the only option for the next ten days,
quite a scarey experience, particularly with some of the strong winds we had.
Did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment.
No complaints about cleaniness or service.
Found the area limited for good restaurants - if you are not used to gratuities being forced on you, these can be challenged.
Don't go to The Porterhouse - the rudest staff you have ever met and a manager who swears at you and tells you to leave because he expects you to tip a rude barmaid when you actually go to the bar yourself for a drink.
Good shopping at Aventura. Bal Harbour shops an experience.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront
Grand Beach Hotel
#60 of 205 in Miami Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 3,284 reviews

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach

Address: 17375 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles, Miami Beach, FL 33160
Location: United States > Florida > Miami Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#6 Top resorts Hotel in Miami Beach
#27 Spa Hotel in Miami Beach
#38 Family Hotel in Miami Beach
#39 Business Hotel in Miami Beach
#51 On the Beach Hotel in Miami Beach
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Ocean Point Resort And Spa - Miami Beach North
Doubletree Ocean Point Resort & Spa - Miami Beach North Hotel Miami Beach
Doubletree Miami Beach

If you own or manage Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.