This hotel was a disaster from start to finish. Myself along with 3 girlfriends chose this hotel to celebrate our 30th birthdays. As a Hilton Honors Gold level member, I thought for sure we would be treated well and were guaranteed a good stay considering it was a Doubletree and they have never let me down in the past. What a mistake!! We were given the worst room in the hotel. It was old and dirty. The closet doors were broken, the blinds were broken (to the point they wouldn't even open...so much for an ocean view), and the bathroom was nasty! The staff was not friendly whatsoever and had no clue of what was going on around them. Some examples include: It took us over 2 hours one afternoon to have lunch at The View restaurant due to the poor service received; I had to argue with the front desk upon checkout to receive a copy of my bill; the Market never had anyone available to wait on you; and the beach chairs are run by a Doubletree employee but not owned by a third party (very shady). To top off our horrible experience with this hotel, the maintenance staff entered our room one afternoon with our do not distrub sign up, hung one set of new blinds and ROBBED US! We did not request these blinds or any sort of maintence. We noticed the men in the hallway earlier after returning from the beach and apparently they waited for us to leave again and then entered our room. These individuals stole cash from each of our wallets and just enough that they thought we wouldn't notice. Well, obviously, we did and went immediately to the front desk. It was very obviously who had committed the crime and we wanted them to be held accountable. The front desk employees called the Manager and Director of Security (Julio Urbina) and let's just say that was a joke. They moved us off to the corner of the lobby to discuss so that no other guests could over hear. They came up to our room to do a scan of our door lock to determine which staff member it was exactly and that was the end of their investigation. So we called the local police and they had to come out and take our statement. The hotel refused to reimburse us for the stolen cash, but they did agree to comp us one night's stay...which I have yet to receive (and probably never will)!! This hotel was a horrible experience and not exactly the way we intended to spend our 30th birthday celebration weekend!! We will never return to this hotel and I would not recommend it to anyone!!
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Ocean Point Resort & Spa - Miami Beach North Hotel
- Doubletree Ocean Point Resort And Spa - Miami Beach North
- Doubletree Ocean Point Resort & Spa - Miami Beach North Hotel Miami Beach
- Doubletree Ocean Point Resort
- Doubletree Miami Beach
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.