“Service was wonderful. Best price for on the beach!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   17375 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles, Miami Beach, FL 33160   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #62 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Cos Cob, Connecticut
“Service was wonderful. Best price for on the beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The service was excellent. The beach and pool staff great. So convenient to go down elevator to beach. The kiddy are was so much fun for my grandson. Very clean, great location. Rooms just need to be refurbished. The furniture was new but walls and woodwork need to be painted. I have a bad back and the bed was the best.
Would definitely recommend for the best price on the beach!! I did alot of research. Great location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Barry H, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Joan,

Thank you for writing, but equally important, thank you for taking the time for your research prior to your travels and I am glad it resulted in a great family experience. Hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for a repeat.

832 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Just back from a wonderful 2-week stay at Doubletree Oceanpoint Although not the newest on Collins, this hotel was awesome, well managed, with wifi service in the lobby. Right on the beach with a private pool where there were no hustles for towels that you could also take to the beach. The STAFF makes the place; they are friendly, helpful and smiling all the time....from the front desk people to the concierge (Elena), also the bar and restaurant staff, even security people were fiendly. The location of the hotel is perfect, you do not need a car as there are restaurants, shops and food stores minutes away. I would have given a rating of 5 to the hotel if it had not been for the steep stairs to go down to Collins Avenue. I have knee problems and these steep stairs were a real concern to me; maybe there was another way to go down but I did not ask.

We were a family of six staying in a privately-owned condo (1003 - not too fantastic) so I cannot comment on the hotel suites. I was afraid we would be considered second-class guests because we did not rent from the hotel but we were treated as clients with the same services as regular patrons. We had the wristbands, towels, room service and the help from the wonderful staff when needed. No negatives like what I am reading from some other hotel guests. If somebody wants my comments on the condo we rented from Prestige Vacation Rental, please write to me.

It was our second stay in Sunny Isles, our first at the Doubletree and we will definitely go back to the Doubletree by Hilton.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Barry H, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Our location right on the Ocean is great, but you are right, the Staff makes the difference. Many of our associates have been with the hotel for many years and truly enjoy enhancing the experiences of our guests. I will be sure to post yur comments for all to read. I hope you come back for the third time around.

With regards to the steps, an alternative route could have taken you on a small path to the beach just 250 south of the hotel drive and after a short walk on the beach, enter the hotel by the pool. Just a suggestion for the next time.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I spent a great few days at the double tree. Our room was really nice and incredibly spacious - we had a large 2-bedroom just for the two of us. The beach is great in this part of town much better than in south beach - less crowded and the sea is so close.
South Beach is not far - took us 20 mns by car every time we went out. The staff was very friendly in particular the valet staff which was efficient and never made us wait. The location enabled me to go for great runs toward the south of the hotel. The hotel is not brand new but in decent shape.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Laurent,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us and I am glad you enjoyed your experience. As mentioned in a previous response, we are very proud of our associates and am glad you found their service meeting and exceedig your expectations. I will be sure to pass your comments around to all, particularly the Valet team whom you single out. Please do come back and visit.
Palm Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was expecting a lot more than what I got. At $340 a night, the check in was at 4pm and I got there at 5:30pm and did not get into my room until 6:15pm
The overall experience and out dated rooms and dirty carpets were a real downer.

Room Tip: Ask them when the last time they cleaned the carpet or replaced it as I had to be careful walking on...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband is a former Diamond member and we have hundreds of thousands of Hilton points which we have used on numerous Double Trees and Hiltons

We booked this hotel despite the bad reviews because we had faith it would live up to the standard we have become used to. A double tree is never luxurious, but certainly clean and comfortable.

This was not the case. Save your time and do not go. I have just joined TripAdvisory JUST to write this review!

All of the bad reviews are true. A few extra points:
- the hotel is as bad inside as it looks outside
- the lobby is neglected and uninviting. (forget having a drink at the ill-equipped empty bar)
- the pool is sad looking and feels like the pool area of a camp ground or trailer park

Worse:
- the room had a dirty stained carpet lifting in the corners
- stained walls
- the bathroom was decades old and dingy

During the 10 minutes we were in the room, someone from housekeeping unlocked the door and walked right in without even knocking.

The best thing I can say is the staff were really nice and understanding when we left. We know its not their fault - and the way they behaved suggests its not the first time they have seen people leave in shock.

My question to the hilton: why would you let hotels like this continue to exist in your chain?

Travellers - find somewhere else. Please. This does not feel like a 'resort and spa' - and does not feel like Miami.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Barry H, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
As you may have read in some of my previous responses, we do take comments like yours very serioulsy and would like to communicate further with you on some of your points. I can be reached at bharris@oceanpointresort.com.

We are extremely sorry we did not live up to your expectations but have noted your comment regarding our staff. Yes, they are great and we will pass around your comments to them showing that you thought so, too.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We arrived late at night and departed by 11:00 AM so we were at the hotel for a very short time. We had a big double room with a full kitchen, dining room and two full bathrooms. It was large and clean but needed new furntiure, paint and carpet. Great location in Sunny Isles and lots of amenities but I'm not used to staying a tired worn out hotel property.

Dear John L.,

We are glad you liked our location in Sunny Isles Beach but also sorry you did not like our rooms.

Our aim is to remedy any and all shortcomings andwould like to do so in the room you occupied but your post does not reveal it.

Can you contact me at bharris@oceanpointresort and let me know which Suite you stayedi in so we can address theissues you mentioned.

We are sorry your stay was not as expected and do hope you will give us another chance to prove ourselve.
ttraill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We spend some time reading the current reviews before we arrived and this has compelled me to write a brief review. First off it's important to acknowledge that any hotel along this beach is very pricy and this one is no exception... now putting that reality aside we have been very impressed since the moment we arrived.

It's Sunday March 20th and we are in our final day of stay before we head to the port of Miami tomorrow for a cruise. We are traveling with our three youngest kids (13,11 & 8) celebrating "March Break". Our flight left Toronto at 6AM on Friday morning and our first concern was that we'd be arriving at the hotel by 11AM and have to wait until the 4PM check in time. We were pleasantly surprised to see that our room was ready and we were in, unpacked and eating lunch by the pool before 12:30.

The Room
We were fortunate to be given a room on the 27th floor (top floor - 27801), North side with an incredible view of the beach and city. Yes it is true that the walls are overdue for a fresh coat of paint but aside from that the room is large, clean and perfect for a family of 5... Two rooms and a pull out sofa. The kitchen had enough of everything and after a trip or two across the street to the grocery store we were all set for our three night stay.

The facilities
I think some of the recent reviews must has been from some very pretentious individuals. As for the Jeff S guy... "If you are from Russia or some dirty foreign county this might be paradise if you can't stand living to filth you will not like your stay."???? He must have posted in the wrong forum because we found virtually every inch of this place to be of Hilton Doubletree standard. The pool area is small but was perfect for our family. It was warm and never too crowded with easy access to the beach. We spend most of our time by the pool and commented several times that it was "just right" for a family stay.

The food
We ordered room service 3 times (breakie, dinner & desert) and the food was great. We also had lunch by the pool 2x and plan to eat at the hotels restaurant for dinner this evening.

The staff
Everyone we interacted with from the moment we arrived were very pleasant and attentive. The bar staff by the pool seemed stretched at times but always managed to serve everyone with a smile.

In summary... yes it is expensive but overall we are very pleased. Pleased enough to write a review before our stay has been completed. Thank you to the staff here at the Doubletree! We;ve enjoyed our stay and hope to return again in the future.

PS Yes there is construction next door on the North side. We overlooked this and they worked 10-12 hr days on Friday & Saturday. Yes there were times it was noisy but we would never hold this against ocean point. There is not much you can do about it... suck it up and enjoy the sunshine!

Dear ttrail,

This is a first for us. Getting a review even before the guest departs. I just want to thank you for the time and effort you put into your detailed comments. We do hope you and your family will return. I have passed around a copy of your post for all the Staff to read as it seemed like it was they who made your stay so enjoyable.

Hope you had a great cruise and hoe to welcome you again.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach

Address: 17375 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles, Miami Beach, FL 33160
Location: United States > Florida > Miami Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#7 Top resorts Hotel in Miami Beach
#31 Spa Hotel in Miami Beach
#38 Family Hotel in Miami Beach
#49 On the Beach Hotel in Miami Beach
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Ocean Point Resort And Spa - Miami Beach North
Doubletree Ocean Point Resort & Spa - Miami Beach North Hotel Miami Beach
Doubletree Miami Beach

If you own or manage Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.