Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   17375 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles, Miami Beach, FL 33160   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #62 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Kewanee, Illinois
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Room: We got the 1 king/2 double bath suite and it was awesome. There is a small kitchen, washer/dryer, jacuzzi tub, and the main balcony is spacious with a beautiful view of the ocean. There are also small balconies off each of the bedrooms. There were 5 of us staying here, and there was still plenty of room.
Beach: The beach is well kept with lots of sand and no rocks. It is perfect to walk on and plenty of shells just a little ways in the water for people who like to search for those. The only drawback is that you have to pay for the chairs, umbrellas, and cabanas. This was a disappointment. I would rather pay a higher room fee and have this included.
Pool: The pool and hot-tub were nice and warm which was good because it was chilly one of the days we were there. The only drawback is that the pool and hot-tub close at dusk. That was a disappointment.
Outside bar: The service at the outside bar was great. Her name was Sheila and she was very friendly.
Front desk: The front desk service has much to be desired. They treated us like we were low class people and were not helpful at all. We talked to 2 of them and they seemed inconvenienced and were short. When I asked about the internet service, she said we had to pay for it and we could do this online. I am a Hilton Diamond member and found out it is supposed to be free. Luckily my daughter figured this out when she went online to sign up for it.
Housekeeping: The housekeeper did a good job cleaning the room.
Parking: There is no self park here and valet parking was $27 a day.
Resort fees: They add fees to pretty much everything here so be careful. We ate at the inside restaurant and almost didn't notice the "service charge" of $9.00. When I asked the waiter he said it was the "gratuity." There was also a gratuity line so I almost paid them twice. We also got charged the "service charge" at the outside bar. Maybe I just don't understand the fees.
Summary: I would have rated this hotel excellent had it not been for the front desk staff. This really is a great hotel with an awesome view.

Room Tip: The suites are definitely the way to go if you like a spectacular view of the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Barry H, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding our spacious Suites. I have also taken note of your concerns and have brought this to the attention of the appropriate managers. If you would like to elaborate more, you can do so by contacting me at 786-528-2580.

Again, thank you for taking the time and am glad you had a great experience overall. come back and see us again.

849 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I recently stayed with my wife and 14 month old in a one bedroom suite in this hotel. I'm a Hilton Honors gold member, so we didn't pay for internet or our breakfasts. Internet charges are $10 per device, which would have been a deal-killer otherwise. The rooms are large and clean, the kitchens are nice, but aren't equipped with pots and pans by default. Room service and the front desk were helpful and responsive, the pool is nice, and the room service we got was prompt and tasty. There's a restaurant called Rice across the street and down the block, if you're craving Thai or sushi. Most of the rooms have partial ocean views, the patios are large and are good for relaxing. The TV menu system is kind of obnoxious, but as long as you're not channel surfing, you should be fine. For Hilton Honors members, the room number on the wifi login page is without a dash or space, it took a few phone calls to figure that out. The suites are spacious, the AC controls are outside the room (weird?), cold breakfast is free for Hilton Gold members ($6 more for hot buffet items).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Barry H, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to express your recent experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa. You specifically mentioned our Room Service and Front Desk associates and I will be sure to share your comments with them and their co workers.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future trip.
Floria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I'm going to separate this as a review for the hotel and then a review for the spa. The hotel was nice. We had a basic 2 queen room with a nice water view. The rooms are smallish and the bathroom was builder stock materials. Not anything special but clean and all in working order. The beds were comfy and nice. You can't self park so you have to pay $27 for valet service.

The spa is another story. My 16yr old daughter and I were having a girl's weekend and booked an hour massage. We were in 1 room together and 2 therapists came in. I had a male therapist and my daughter had a female. We were both face down to start and no bolsters were placed under our ankles so it was slightly uncomfortable laying there. Then as he began to massage my back he would brush up against the sides of my breasts. I thought it was odd but said nothing. There was no rhyme or reason to his massage. He would jump from my upper back to my legs and then back up to my back again. It was very disjointed and not very good. He finally had me roll over and it didn't get any better. There was no bolster under my knees and he was getting way to close to my breasts. At one point he rubbed down the center of them and then he came around the side and I had to say something. I told him I was uncomfortable with him rubbing me like that and he stopped. But the massage never got better. He never touched my arms and he went from my feet to my head (eww). When it was all said and done the massage was only 40 min long and had paid for an hour (expecting 50 min). It was the worst massage I have ever had. I did complain to the front desk and they took the price of my massage off my bill.

I would stay in the hotel again but would not use the spa again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Barry H, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for the experience you had and appreciate you alerting us so we could quickly address it. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me at 786-528-2580.
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The positive:

Large living room, dining area for four, separate bedroom. A kitchen with full size sink, fridge, stove and DW. The bathroom had a double sink, big Jacuzzi tub and shower. Everything was clean as can be. The gym was more than enough for a vacation workout including treadmills, free weights and some elliptical machines. Service was polite and prompt in every encounter.

The negative:

Beach – The beach is beautiful but beach chairs cost $25 each, umbrellas $30 and a double beach chair was $90. We were advised that the chairs belong to Boucher, a separate company, not the hotel. This manufactured excuse felt like a money-grab. Boucher stores their equipment at the hotel, helps the restaurant staff when days are busy and allows you to charge chair costs to your hotel room. The whole thing felt like a swindle for a slow beach day in December.

Outings– we took a hotel arranged trip to the Everglades and found it disappointing. The trip there was 1 hour longer than advised and consisted largely of a slow meandering bus-ride through Miami to pick up guests at other hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Barry H, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear JorMolochan,

Thank you for your feedback, both positive and negative. We are sharing your remarks with the third party vendor that operates the beach concession for the hotel. We're also taking your other comments regarding the guided tour to the person who booked your tour so we can reassess the current itineraries they are recommending. We truly value your feedback and experiences. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I finished a cruise and randomly walked in on a Friday afternoon looking for a room. The front desk was very sweet and found us a room with a ocean view and city view. They gave us a warm cookie at check in too. Then we went to the pool bar and had some drinks with a friendly bartender. The hotel had a nice pool. In the room there was a mini frige big enough for beer and wine along with a microwave. The bathroom was lavishly huge and I loved the soaps and shampoo. I would highly suggest this place.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Hathor,

We are very glad you randomly selected our hotel for your post curise stay. I hope we have the oppotunity to welcome you back on a future trip.
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We arrived early this morning after a short cruise, we were greeted warmly and check-in was painless, room was ready. Excellent views of beach, great service by pleasant staff. Room could use some updating, hallways have a worn look, but overall a great property in an excellent location. Looking for dinner? Go across the street and down two blocks to Timos, wonderfull!!!

The room we had, was huge, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living area! Hard to find this much space anywhere for the price and location. Will be back!!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear vjm4,

Thank you for taking the time to express your experience during your recent stay and am glad to see that you will return in the future. Hopefully by then, theguest room corridors will have been re done as there is a plan, no date yet, todo so.

Also glad you liked Timos. It is my favorite also.

Hope to welcome you back soon.
Vista, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Great hotel on the beach with a great beach. Restaurant was adequate but lots to eat in the area. This is the perfect beach hotel in the Miami area. Store and snack are on premises, bar by the pool, full kitchen in the x02 rooms.

Room Tip: The x02 units are a great 2 bedroom units with a superior view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Barry H, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Vista Bob,

We feel proud and humbled that you rated us so high judging by the number of contributions you have made to Trip Advisor in your extensive travels. Thank you for taking the time to write and I hope we do have the opportunity to welcome you again on a future trip. Thank you.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach

Address: 17375 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles, Miami Beach, FL 33160
Location: United States > Florida > Miami Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#31 Spa Hotel in Miami Beach
#41 Family Hotel in Miami Beach
#45 Business Hotel in Miami Beach
#49 On the Beach Hotel in Miami Beach
#62 Top resorts Hotel in Miami Beach
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Ocean Point Resort And Spa - Miami Beach North
Doubletree Ocean Point Resort & Spa - Miami Beach North Hotel Miami Beach
Doubletree Miami Beach

If you own or manage Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.