Room: We got the 1 king/2 double bath suite and it was awesome. There is a small kitchen, washer/dryer, jacuzzi tub, and the main balcony is spacious with a beautiful view of the ocean. There are also small balconies off each of the bedrooms. There were 5 of us staying here, and there was still plenty of room.
Beach: The beach is well kept with lots of sand and no rocks. It is perfect to walk on and plenty of shells just a little ways in the water for people who like to search for those. The only drawback is that you have to pay for the chairs, umbrellas, and cabanas. This was a disappointment. I would rather pay a higher room fee and have this included.
Pool: The pool and hot-tub were nice and warm which was good because it was chilly one of the days we were there. The only drawback is that the pool and hot-tub close at dusk. That was a disappointment.
Outside bar: The service at the outside bar was great. Her name was Sheila and she was very friendly.
Front desk: The front desk service has much to be desired. They treated us like we were low class people and were not helpful at all. We talked to 2 of them and they seemed inconvenienced and were short. When I asked about the internet service, she said we had to pay for it and we could do this online. I am a Hilton Diamond member and found out it is supposed to be free. Luckily my daughter figured this out when she went online to sign up for it.
Housekeeping: The housekeeper did a good job cleaning the room.
Parking: There is no self park here and valet parking was $27 a day.
Resort fees: They add fees to pretty much everything here so be careful. We ate at the inside restaurant and almost didn't notice the "service charge" of $9.00. When I asked the waiter he said it was the "gratuity." There was also a gratuity line so I almost paid them twice. We also got charged the "service charge" at the outside bar. Maybe I just don't understand the fees.
Summary: I would have rated this hotel excellent had it not been for the front desk staff. This really is a great hotel with an awesome view.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Ocean Point Resort & Spa - Miami Beach North Hotel Miami Beach
- Doubletree Ocean Point Resort & Spa - Miami Beach North Hotel
- Doubletree Ocean Point Resort And Spa - Miami Beach North
- Doubletree Ocean Point Resort
- Doubletree Miami Beach
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.