“Nice location at the beach and near shopping area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach

You added Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   17375 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles, Miami Beach, FL 33160   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #64 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Nice location at the beach and near shopping area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

The hotel is located at a very nice beach, calm and with a blue water sea. The room was very spacious with a small kitchen, huge and comfortable bed and a very large bathroom with an whirlpool.

Plus:
-The size of the room, the facilities, the view and the balcony
-Miami North is quite calm and with many small shops and restaurants around
-Cleanliness
-Professional staff

Mins:
-The interior of the room needs a renovation
-Room rates could be a bit lower

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
SJU
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

You could live in the hotel rooms for months and not be crowded. True the decor is a little dated, but the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Great location if you don't want the South Beach madness. Walking distance to restaurants, stores, etc., Almost like staying in an luxury apartment. The staff was very friendly, room service prices were excellent - only $10.00 for fresh grilled hamburger with fries and fast service.

Room Tip: We had a king jr suite and it was perfect, good view of the beach, etc.,
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Stillwater, OK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

1. hotel needs better signage - had to ask the valet if this was the right hotel when we pulled up because there isn't clear signage.
2. front desk staff need manners. one of our two keys did not work. when we returned to ask them to fix it, they rudely informed us it work just fine in their machine. uh, ok. then our door is broken, so whatever, fix the stupid door card.
3. wedding reception was being held that night. we were on the very top floor, 27th floor. the music in the ballroom was literally so loud we could not open our balcony doors and carry on a conversation at the same time. this lasted until after midnight.
4. valet service was the most helpful, welcoming employees at the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I stayed here two nights so I could attend a wedding that was held at this hotel. I shared a double queen bed room on the 15th floor with the bride's sister. It had a small bar with a microwave, fridge, sink, and coffee maker. I could view the flat screen television comfortably from either bed. It rested on top of a modern dresser that had plenty of drawers that I did use to place my wedding accessories in. The configuration of the room was good. It was easy to share this room with another person. There was plenty of space to navigate around the room even with all of the furniture (beds, table, and chairs) and our luggage. The closet outside of the bathroom had full length mirrors. The carpet was a little worn but it was clean because I walked around with white socks on and they actually stayed white. The pillows and beds were clean and comfortable. I always inspect the sheets before I lie in them. They were spotless. The bathroom was spotless, even the inside of the shower curtain was stark white. The towels were fluffy, white and left no lint on me (that is a pet peeve of mine).

The location of this hotel is convenient as it is situated between the two major airports FLL and MIA. In case you needed anything outside of the hotel, there was a varierty of stores and food places within walking distance. There was a beautiful green park on the side of the hotel as well as one across the street. I walked with my friend's parents to Walgreens, CVS, Denny's, Einsteins Bagels, Starbucks, Marshalls, and Famous Footwear. There were more but those were the places I personally visited. I also visited Aventura Mall because the bride drove us in her rental car. I watched the bride get her wedding makeup applied at the MAC makeup store. They did a fantastic job. The mall was only a few miles away and it had a great variety of major department and retail stores inside.

In my humble opinion, the best amentity was the beach. It was heaven being able to walk downstairs and out the back door everyday to it. I enjoyed being able to satisify my coffee addiction everyday at the hotel "convenience store." They serve Starbucks coffee in there but they also sold other drinks and snacks.

As for the wedding, it was beautiful. Despite the fact that it was a small one, it was handled very respectfully and professionally by the entire staff. They gave us 5 star service our entire stay. I will definitely return to this hotel in the future, and I would most definitely recommend it to my other relatives, friends and co-workers.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. We booked one bedroom suite. Room is very clean, bathroom is huge and very clean, but I have to mention that the hotel is a little bit tired,it really needs some updates. There were no DVD player in the room as was stated in room description when I was booking the hotel. Beds are amazing.
Check in was smooth as a whistle, we arrived early and the room was ready.
There are rumors that wifi costs $10 per day per divice... i was able to connect to attwifi for free, so, search for available connections before purchasing hotel's wifi.
Location of the hotel is great...., perfect for discriminative traveler.... close to Aventura mall and Ball Harbour shops, all grocery shops are in walkable distance. No noise from overcrowded bars, clean area...
Beach is great.... but bare in mind that there are $40 charge if you want to rent chairs and umbrella.
Overall: great hotel, great staff, would love to return... If you are looking for resort like vacation, do not hesitate to book this hotel.

Room Tip: rooms on the north side have great views, ocean and the city.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

So happy to have stayed at this hotel! Visited the Doubletree Ocean Point my friends for my birthday party/getaway weekend. It is perfect for a girl's weekend. We got pedicures and massages in the spa. Excellent. Spent time on the beach...just outside of the door...no road to cross. Adrian provided great service while we were on the beach by rushing to bring out our chairs and umbrellas, and taking as many group pictures as we requested. Thanks, Adrian. Chairs were resonably priced at $10, umbrellas were $25. Parking is $26 a day if you have a car. We had the breakfast buffet, around $23 on Friday and Saturday mornings. Good variety. The sausage links, fruit and omelettes were my favorites. The staff was very attentive. When we simply appeared to have a question or need some assistance, the staff approached us immediately to see what we needed. Also, Roseline from the front desk was fantastic. When she found out that it was my birthday, she sent up champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to our room with a handwritten note. Bless you, Roseline. Overall the stay was excellent. I will be back again with my family.

Room Tip: King bed suites are very spacious with full kitchen. Good value for the money. The queen double ro...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

there is an extremely loud noise that generates from the balconies -with any wind outside - it is very loud - the whole building vibrates - difficult to sleep
stay away from this hotel until the problem is corrected!

Room Tip: do not stay here until noise from balconies corrected!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach

Address: 17375 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles, Miami Beach, FL 33160
Location: United States > Florida > Miami Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#7 Top resorts Hotel in Miami Beach
#31 Spa Hotel in Miami Beach
#32 Business Hotel in Miami Beach
#35 Family Hotel in Miami Beach
#50 On the Beach Hotel in Miami Beach
#61 Romantic Hotel in Miami Beach
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Ocean Point Resort And Spa - Miami Beach North
Doubletree Ocean Point Resort & Spa - Miami Beach North Hotel Miami Beach
Doubletree Miami Beach

If you own or manage Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa - North Miami Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.