“Wonderful stay!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Winter Haven, Autograph Collection

Save Saved
You added Winter Haven, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Winter Haven, Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Winterhaven South Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #62 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Bronx, New York
“Wonderful stay!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I found out about Winter Haven through Groupon. I read the reviews first and then decided to purchase the deal. I'm glad I did.

First and foremost, the location was amazing. Away from the "craziness", but close enough to walk to it. My last visit to Miami, I stayed on 7th and Ocean and once we walked out of the hotel, we were in the mix of everything.

Upon my arrival, which wasn't until about 11pm, I was greeted by two friendly male employees. The guy checking me in made a face that made me nervous. I asked if I was getting a bad room and he said that I was actually getting one of the two rooms in the hotel that has a balcony, room 618. That news definitely kicked my stay off to a good start!

The room and bedroom were on the smaller side; perfect for my needs. It was perfectly air conditioned and there was a ceiling fan. The tv responded to the remote slowly and the service cut out one day when it rained for a bit.

The balcony was a great addition. I couldn't find the switch to turn on the light during the night; if the light was in fact functional. It was so peaceful that I fell asleep out there one night. The sunroof deck was nice as well. I noticed that it wasn't used very much; which was fine with me because it wasn't noisy when I was outside.

I did not eat at the restaurant nor did I get a drink from the bar.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Carlos_S185, General Manager at Winter Haven, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Angerrak,

Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and loved our location.

We hope to see you again on your return visit to Miami Beach.

Kind regards,

Carlos Sarmiento

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stayed here for my bday weekend from 8/8 - 8/11. As previous people have stated the rooms are small but the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. What more do you really need in Miami Beach anyway!?! We received a $50 credit when we checked in and used it for Breakfast, which was average and cost about us $47 for two people (typical for Miami). There's a Walgreen's right behind the hotel and you are in the center of it all (14th and Ocean). Beach is across the street and the hotel provides free beach towels. Cab ride to and from the airport is about a 20-30 minute drive ($32 cab fare). I would definitely recommend this hotel and plan to stay here again in the near future.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
John P, General Manager at Winter Haven, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Mzgrenada,

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to read about the great experience you had during your visit with us. We look forward to your visit in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We stayed here for three nights primarily on Rewards points. The hotel is yards away from the beach and close to the top end of Ocean Drive. We arrived and were directed to the valet location at the side of the hotel on 14th St. The lobby area is beautiful and you have to take your time to look at the work that has been done to restore it. The staff were very helpful and friendly. There is only one lift, but that tends not to be too much of an issue. The rooms are quite small and the beds are narrow too. We struggled to get all of our bags laid out and had to get quite inventive. Our room was at the side of the hotel with a partial view of the ocean. There was a good selection in the mini bar. There was no pool, but the roof was set aside for sunbathing. The second floor had free coffee 24 hours a day. Overall a great location and a stunning lobby area, maybe better for couples than families.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Sdwoo,

Our goal is to make each and every guest feel they are at their home away from home. I am happy the read you had a lovely time and we look forward to your return visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Here for a birthday weekend, the staff is very friendly and the room is super clean and comfortable. The hotel is located in the perfect location in South Beach, close to everything.
Walgreens behind the hotel is perfect to stock the room with drinks and snacks.
I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Skilled312,

Thank you so much for you kind review!

Our staff are indeed the key to our success - we are genuinely concerned about our Guests' needs and I was happy to read that you felt that.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay next.

Everglades City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Winter Haven for a weekend after we found a special on TravelZoo. The location of this little gem was absolutely perfect... centrally located on Ocean Blvd, steps away from shopping on Collins, directly across from the Beach. From the moment we arrived the service was amazing from the Front Desk to the Bellman and Maintenance. The rooftop was a nice view and a pleasant place to enjoy our morning coffee while still in our bathrobes! Rooms were very small, but clean and we didnt plan our weekend to South Beach to spend in a room!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bruzki,

Best regards,

Spanish Fort, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Very Nice Hotel. My husband and I stayed 3 nights, it was great! The staff was so pleasant. They supplied cold lemon/lime water in the lobby, which was very refreshing after coming in from the beach and hot sun. We had a king room, good size, the bathroom was a little small, but then, it was built in the late 1930's. We had a partial view of the ocean, lovely view with the sunset and when the sun came up. The lobby and mezzanine were decorated very nicely. We were able to walk everywhere. Had breakfast each morning at the restaurant. I highly recommend this hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mighty Might,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to rate us. I am excited to read about your great stay and the difference my staff made.

We take pride in the history of the hotel and we look forward to you return visit!

Kind regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I came here to celebrate my bday after a cruise from West Palm. The hospitality was awesome. I got there early and had to wait on my room but they got me in a room within the hour. They also gave me a voucher for breakfast for the wait. It is in a perfect location on south beach. Very clean, comfortable and cozy. The staff was awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view.