Lots of good things about this hotel, front desk and concierge very helpful gave some excellent recommendations for local restaurants. Good access to the beach and busy Collins avenue and Espanola Way which is where we went to eat most nights. You need to ask for ice which isn't an issue and fresh water, coffee is available 24hrs in reception.
Where I feel this hotel could improve the guest experience is with the restaurant. The breakfast voucher given is for continental however the restaurant allows you to select other items at a reduced rate which is oddly calculated and never the same from one day to the next. Our experience of the restaurant service was very poor and they expected an 18% tip which was calculated on the complimentary breakfast value. After the first 4 days of this we decided to have breakfast elsewhere. This is no way a reflection of our stay however it is something that I feel the hotel should address.
Parking at the hotel is $25 for 24hrs. You can however park for $20 for 24 hrs one block up at 13th and Collins, only thing to note is at the weekend this garage can get extremely busy so you may not be able to get your car back in the garage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated 1939 Art Deco property located in the heart of South Beach on Ocean Drive. Rooftop terrace offering breathtaking ocean views, sun loungers and full food and beverage service. Fresh Florida seafood at Rock Lobster and finely crafted cocktails in the lobby bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Winter Haven, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Winterhaven South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Winterhaven South Beach Miami