Stayed there for two nights during a hot and humid July 4th holiday. In short, a very mediocre stay. May or may not stay there again.
Looks like the hotel went through a big renovation lately - so all furnitures seem pretty new and modern - does fit the Autograph Collection profile. Upgraded to a oceanfront room due to my status with Marriott - so parking lot or alley view. Service from the the staff varies (but still above average) - most front desk staff are very nice and accommodating, some housekeepers are, but some are not so. Very easy access to the beach and offers towel service. The hotel also has a small terrance and a relaxing mezzanine level. The hotel also offers amenity from L'Occitane - but the housekeeper didn't replenish them on my second day. There are pleasant small touches - umbrella in room, 24-hr coffee, etc. The overall value is okay for a hotel on South Beach and right situated on Ocean Drive.
Kinda surprised at first to see this hotel is branded as a Autograph Collection hotel. There is a restaurant in the front and occupies part of the lobby. The waitresses can be really pushy sometimes. Elite breakfast are offered there - but continental only (- they have a weird math in calculating how much a "free" continental breakfast voucher worth and could be applied towards ordering other menu items). As an Autograph Collection, it is sad to see they did not take an extra step to offer something better than just a plain continental breakfast. As an Art Deco hotel, room size is on the small side. They try so hard to cram as many rooms as possible into this tiny hotel - rooms even have entrances in the stairwell and next the elevator door. Choose another hotel if you want a quiet room: constant noise from the street + you can also hear your neighbors. There is only one elevator - so expect some lines.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated 1939 Art Deco property located in the heart of South Beach on Ocean Drive. Rooftop terrace offering breathtaking ocean views, sun loungers and full food and beverage service. Fresh Florida seafood at Rock Lobster and finely crafted cocktails in the lobby bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Winter Haven, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Winterhaven South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Winterhaven South Beach Miami