“Perfect Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Winter Haven, Autograph Collection

You added Winter Haven, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Winter Haven, Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Winterhaven South Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay Longer - Save More!
Ranked #63 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Denver, Colorado
“Perfect Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel is close to both the Ocean Drive restaurants and the Lincoln Road restaurants. It is also just across the street from the beach. For a boutique hotel, this is a nice hotel. We used the twenty-five cent bus when we went down to first street to see the cruise ships go out. Then we walked back. We did have a noise issue with other guests that was ultimately resolved. If you are a gold rewards member, don't expect a full concierge lounge as that does not exist.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Carlos_S185, General Manager at Winter Haven, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear BH20,

Thank you for you kind review!

We look forward to hosting you again in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will be glad to personally book your reservations.

Kind regards,

Carlos Sarmiento

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I wish I had arrived to Winter Haven with lower expectations. I love boutique hotels and was really excited to stay on South Beach. The staff sent me a welcome email, but everything went downhill from there in terms of customer service. My room -- 519 -- has an a/c unit that's louder than an airplane. It's impossible to run the a/c and sleep at the same time. I was told that all the "19" rooms are like that, so avoid those rooms if possible. The staff has been unable to help. The attitude towards me is "deal with it." That's not acceptable at the price it costs to stay here. While my complaint is specific and may not apply to other travelers, the inability of Winter Haven to remedy the problem speaks to a larger lack of interest in their clients. I'll try another hotel next time -- fortunately there are many!

Room Tip: Avoid the "19" column in the back.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Javier E, General Manager at Winter Haven, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear SambaDC,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. I offer my sincerest apologies for what should have been a pleasant experience. As well, I will be certain to share your comments with our team so we can work to eliminate these types of issues for our future guests.

We are sorry to hear you were not able to enjoy your recent stay as expected.
Please feel free to reach out to me directly, I can be reached at Javier.egipciaco@hhmlp.com

Again, I offer my sincerest apologies for this less than exceptional experience.

Kind regards,
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I really enjoyed staying at the Winter Haven. I got a great deal on it on Priceline. The hotel was very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Roberta at the front desk took good care of me. She was very helpful with everything from dinner recommendations to reserving a taxi. The staff also greeted me by name when I would walk though the lobby even though I only stayed for 3 days!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BradF,

Thank you for your recent visit and taking the time in writing your view!
We are honored that we were able to create a memorable experience.
Please feel free to reach out to me directly on your next visit to Miami Beach.

We look forward to your future stay with us!

Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I gave this hotel a 4 after my first visit in March 2013 because of the parking issue. After settling in on that visit, I discovered the nearby City of Miami Beach garage at 13th Street and Collins. Knowing what to expect and being familiar with the garage made my second visit in November go more smoothly. The entire staff was great and I was given a wonderful rooftop room with French doors leading to a private outside sitting area which was a nice surprise.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear AColl,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review.. Please let me know when you will be returning to the hotel as I would be delighted to personally handle your booking.

Warm wishes,

Middletown, DE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed for a day after a cruise. As others have mentioned, the rooms and bathrooms are very small but fine as long as you're not planning to spend a lot of time in the room. A bit noisy also, our room was right next to the elevator and you could hear TVs and conversation from other rooms. Speedy wifi and nice robes in the room. The hotel is nicely decorated and very clean, and staff is attentive and helpful. We spent a little time on the rooftop deck one evening, which unfortunately is not looking out over the ocean, you can see the ocean if you peek out over the side. But still very relaxing. The best thing about this hotel is the location, you are right across the street from the ocean ($20 to rent chair / umbrellas), and only a few blocks from Espanol Way and popular shopping areas. It's at the quieter end of Ocean Drive but still close enough to walk down to the busier areas. The valet service could be better; they advised us to call 30 minutes ahead for the car. We were out walking around and called on our way back to request the car. When we got to the hotel about 30 minutes later ... no car. It took another 25 minutes before they brought it around. Overall a great place to stay in South Beach and a good value considering the prime location.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the ocean side on an upper floor, this will keep you away from the street noise an...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear DE_Traveler_2012,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you experienced the warm service from our staff. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back!

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Very nicely decorated with art deco everywhere. Rooms are not the biggest and walls a little thin - they make you sign a no disturbance notice on check-in but we were woken twice at 3am just by people in next room talking loudly for a short while on their return from a bar/ nightclub (??). Our room had a problem with the toilet constantly running on which it took them a day to fix although they did knock $50 off the bill for the inconvenience. As previous reviews, spoiled slightly by having to run the gauntlet of the pushy hostesses at the sublet Il Bolognese restaurant (food there very good however) each time you want to get in as a guest. We started using the side door also. Well located at the quieter end of Ocean Drive and easy walking distance to shops/ restaurants at Lincoln Road Mall and Espanola Way.

Room Tip: Try and get an Ocean View corner room and higher up if possible (#303 or above)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Leeds73,

Thank you so much for your recent visit and for your wonderful review. I am glad you enjoy your stay with us. I look forward to your next visit.

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed here the day before our cruise and enjoyed every minute of it. Close to everything, especially the beach. Rooms were a bit small but very modern. Loved being able to walk to dinner and enjoy an incredible view. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Javier E, General Manager at Winter Haven, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Nikki H,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to rate us. It's feed back like yours that makes a difference and allows us to create memorable experiences!