Like most travelers, we only really need a clean room, a good night's sleep, good shower, and internet access to get our work done. After giving Marriott an opportunity first to address some of the issues and receiving canned responses and excuses, the traveling public should beware.
- Great Location
- Comfortable bed
- Good bathroom lighting, water pressure, consistent temperature
- Good size safe
- Nice to have iHome setup for charging multiple devices
- Shower was a tiny box, not possible for an average 6' tall man to even raise his arms to bathe
- Rooms were small and so crowded that a 4-drawer chest was stuffed in the closet, leaving zero room for clothes
- Air conditioner was deafening, waking us most every time it kicked on thru the nights
- Room was run-down with pitted glass mirrors, peeling wallpaper
- Wifi was virtually inaccessible; even after resetting laptop, nothing ever worked on iPad anywhere in the hotel
- Unable to turn TV on, off, or change channels most of the time (apparently a common occurrence which requires technician to reset)
- Entire power in room repeatedly goes off and on
Basic needs were seriously compromised. We were repeatedly promised that things were being fixed, but this never transpired. While we ignored the cheap plastic cups and inadequate space for personal care products, on most occasions, the attitude of the front desk staff bordered on rude and somewhat pompous.