“super helpful = relaxation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Raleigh Miami Beach

You added The Raleigh Miami Beach to your Saves list
The Raleigh Miami Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Daily $75 F&B credit!
Ranked #43 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“super helpful = relaxation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at The Raleigh.
First and foremost the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, yet no one was ever plastic or 'scripted' when communicating. Kimberly was extremely attentive and genuine. The design of the hotel was great and very appropriate to the deco of south beach in a relaxed way. Both the pool and beach areas were very relaxing and well-appointed with beds, lounge chairs and helpful staff. Thank you Trey. My one criticism is that the double room I shared with my daughter and her friend felt rather small. Certainly better for two people. The second night I was next door in the suite and that felt substantially better.
The café in the lobby had great fresh juices and smoothies and the restaurant had good options for breakfast and lunch.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with us. I am particularly thrilled that it was our staff, especially Kimberly, that stood out the most during your stay. We are happy to say that our disposition is warm and friendly and making sure that you are having a wonderful time is our priority. I will be sure to share your feedback with Kimberly, she will be very pleased. Both the pool and beach areas are two of the hallmarks of the Raleigh where you are guaranteed total rest and relaxation and I am happy to hear that Trey was able to provide you with memorable service whilst there. I'm sorry that you found the double room to be too small but perhaps the suite that you stayed in thereafter will make for a better option for your next visit. The coffee bar and restaurant are also favorites because of some of the delectable options that they provide; I'm glad you were able to enjoy both. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist your return visit.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

we got a last minute cancellation from our previous hotel, and wind up at the raleigh. the front desk staff was great specially Elkin. he made our stay feel like we were royalty...for the first time the price met the quality!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy that you did "wind up" at the Raleigh and that we had the opportunity to have you as our guest. I'm delighted that Elkin form our front desk team made you feel like royalty; Elkin is a superstar and we are so happy to have him as one of our own. We would love to welcome you back for a future visit.

Antwerp, Antwerpen, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Right on the beach this little boutique hotel can make a pleasant stay in Miami. A kind of old colonial type of hotel - the swimming pool is great and so are the restaurants in the hotel. Not very far from the airport and no noise pollution !!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor sea facing
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the Raleigh to be both centrally located and classically charming. Our pool and restaurant are certainly two of our defining attributes and we are glad to hear that you were able to make the most out of both. We would love to welcome you back.

Regards,
Staten island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Late 20's couple celebrating our anniversary - it was perfect for us

when we arrived on weds morn we were greeted by Kim at the front desk. she spent 10 minutes with us giving us great information. extremely helpful. check out this local cuban place for lunch/dinner on 2nd/collins ave, ask and they will tell you the name of it.

the room was small, but thats what you get in this this 1950's old school hotel. AC worked perfect, the room was freezing whenever we were inside.

the pool is beautiful, best attraction at this place. plenty of places to hang, beds, gazebos, chairs, umbrellas, etc. Bobby and Olga served up great drinks and the food here is awesome. breakfast here is delicious as well. people complain that its expensive, BUT YOU ARE IN MIAMI. if you wanna be cheap goto an allinclusive.

no need to rent a car, everything is either walking distance or a short cab ride.

the beach at the hotel is very nice, they have chairs waiting for you. the water is clear blue and calm. its technically a public beach so dont get alarmed of the seaweed.
check out mangos and oceans 10 for happy hour day party and live reggae music. this hotel is walking distance to lincoln road mall, and many places to eat, party and shop. awesome location.

the hotel manager NIck Comaty was extremely accommodating, helped us with anything we needed, and even showed up on our last day with champagne just to say "happy anniversary". its great because you can relax during the day, and choose when and if you want to party.
if youre looking for a quiet, relaxing, fulfilling and good time in miami, this is definitely the place to go!

Room Tip: ask for a room as far away from the elevators as possible. old hotel, you can hear everything.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Congratulations on your Anniversary and thank you for choosing us as your destination for such a very special occassion. We're glad that you felt that the pool was the best attraction, and that the Oasis, poolside and outside commons were all pleasant and to your liking, aside from the pool there are in fact plenty of nooks and spots to call your own at our property in which to relax and kick back. We're glad that our Front Desk agent Kimberly, that Bobby our pool manager and Olga our server all contrubited in making your staying extra special and leadiving an indelible impressiion, that is after all what we are truly in the business of, bringing smiles and helping you create lasting memories. We would love to welcome you back for you next anniversary or sooner.
Warm regards,

Milton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My mom and I have been coming to The Raleigh for our "girls trip" for 5 years now, and every visit we are welcomed by the wonderful staff and the cozy ambiance that makes it feel like a second home. The rooms, although small, are quaint and offer something unique from a classic Miami era. Breakfast on the garden terrace by the pool is a favorite of ours, and on our last visit, our best dinner by far was at The Raleigh (coming from foodies...). The pool is without a doubt the coolest pool in Miami, and offers several comfortable lounge beds if you are looking to get away from the beach. The beach staff is exceptional and will do anything they can to accommodate you. On our past visit this April, we met Fernando, a desk concierge, who went above and beyond to make our stay a perfect experience. So, if you are headed to Miami and looking for good food, a great staff, a wonderful location, and a real taste of Miami, I cannot recommend anything other than The Raleigh.

Room Tip: Partial ocean, ocean view, and pool-view rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are honored that you have chosen the Raleigh as you destination for your very special mom-daughter getaway. We do pride ourselves in being more of a home away from home for many of our loyal guests, such as yourself , and even first time guests. Being a boutique hotel, the Raleigh exists on a smaller but more personal scale than many other hotels in Miami Beach, and this certainly constitues a defining attribute. We're so glad you enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner at our Restaurant Michael Schwartz which we thins is absolutely fabulous and that the pool is still a favorite and makes an impression every time. Thanks for considering our beach staff as exceptional, we do consider that they are very friendly and helpful, and for acknowleding Fernando, who I know couldn't be happier in making you feel as welcome and comfortable as possible. We look forward to welcoming you and Mom back and to continue being part of your wonderful tradition.

Warm regards,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

If you didn't already feel like you were in Miami during the cab ride from the airport, you'll feel it the moment you walk into the Raleigh's lobby. I loved the lobby's swanky vibe (though the prices at its coffee bar were a bit outrageous). The iconic, Art Deco pool is absolutely stunning and worth a first for the pool alone.

When we first got to our rooms, I was a little surprised by how outdated they felt. Though the look is deliberate, the linoleum floors were unexpected and felt very dated. Thankfully, the look grew on me over the course of our stay. The overhead fan and AC made our stay and sleep very comfortable.

I thought the location was also ideal. It's within a (long) walk to Ocean Avenue - far enough away from the touristy, underwhelming restaurants and close to lots of hotels with fun poolside bars, albeit with $17 drinks, expensive even by New York standards.

Room Tip: Book & pay in advance to take advantage of special discounts. I thought the property's price...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We like to think of the Raleigh as being as classic an heirloom of Miami as you are going to get on the beach. We are definitely close to it all , yet we like to think of ourselves as more of a relaxing oasis than a busy party scene. We're glad that the look and décor "grew" on you and please know that although most of the décor and design is in fact deliberate, that there features that we will improve on and even modernize, without affecting the integrity or design of the hotel. We would love to welcome you back very soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

If you are looking for a classic hotel that is centrally located in Miami Beach, the Raleigh fits the bill.
After staying in downtown Miami at the Marriott Marquis for 2 nights I decided to move my last night in town, out to the beach. This was a drastic change in accommodations but was worth it based on the fact that I was going to be in paradise vs a construction zone which was all of downtown Miami.
I picked the Raleigh hotel because I wanted to stay close to the action and be on the beach and I was also looking for a great pool with a nice outdoor bar to enjoy my surroundings.
Plus cost was a major factor as well, I didn't want to blow my savings on some trendy new place, I wanted something more comfortable and classy. I have been going to Miami for years and I've stayed at a lot of hotels in Miami beach and I know what's worth the money and not. I didn't want to be in a small boutique with no amenities like the hotels on Ocean dr. but I also didn't want to get lost in a big resort either like the Fontainebleau. Traveling by myself this trip, The Raleigh seemed like a great choice. Keep in mind this hotel has not been changed much since it was built in the early 40s. The property was very nice and clean and the pool, gardens and patio bar is one of the best in the country and the coolest in Miami by far if you like old style with a small touch of modern comfort. Although they have gone through several renovations the property and it's rooms are very much the same that they have been for 70yrs. They still use hard keys so be sure and don't lose your room key or they charge you $75 to change the locks. With that said the property seemed safe and secure with staff always on look out for the guests safety and comfort.
My room was very quaint and comfortable but it was a lot smaller than expected, that was a Negative.
I stayed on the 6th floor and paid $200 a night for my room which got me bare minimum accommodations with a view of the roof and some of the gardens. My room was clean but too small in my opinion for the price. Staff was very friendly and helpful with anything I needed which was a positive. I will probably stay at the Raleigh again but might splurge $$$ for a better room. Not impressed with my room for the money but the pool and gardens made up for it, Big Positive!. In short If you are looking for a step back in time with a few modern touches for comfort this is the hotel for you. Thanks Raleigh staff, for an old hotel you guys do a nice job.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you so much for your review and for considering the Raleigh to be The Classic Hotel to stay at in Sobe. Your experiences and insight as our guest matter so much to us. We're thrilled that you particularly enjoyed our iconic pool and lush surroundings and Oasis. You are absolutely right about the look and feel of the hotel, we're definitely invested in keeping the Raleigh as true to its original 1940 form as possible. I'm sorry that you did not love your room, perhaps for your next stay we would love to accommodate you accordingly. Please feel free to contact me directly on order to better ensure this. We would love to welcome you back soon.