“Our Favorite Miami Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Raleigh

Save Saved
You added The Raleigh to your Saves list
The Raleigh
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
30% Off Best Rates!
Ranked #44 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Milton, Georgia
“Our Favorite Miami Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My mom and I have been coming to The Raleigh for our "girls trip" for 5 years now, and every visit we are welcomed by the wonderful staff and the cozy ambiance that makes it feel like a second home. The rooms, although small, are quaint and offer something unique from a classic Miami era. Breakfast on the garden terrace by the pool is a favorite of ours, and on our last visit, our best dinner by far was at The Raleigh (coming from foodies...). The pool is without a doubt the coolest pool in Miami, and offers several comfortable lounge beds if you are looking to get away from the beach. The beach staff is exceptional and will do anything they can to accommodate you. On our past visit this April, we met Fernando, a desk concierge, who went above and beyond to make our stay a perfect experience. So, if you are headed to Miami and looking for good food, a great staff, a wonderful location, and a real taste of Miami, I cannot recommend anything other than The Raleigh.

Room Tip: Partial ocean, ocean view, and pool-view rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at The Raleigh, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are honored that you have chosen the Raleigh as you destination for your very special mom-daughter getaway. We do pride ourselves in being more of a home away from home for many of our loyal guests, such as yourself , and even first time guests. Being a boutique hotel, the Raleigh exists on a smaller but more personal scale than many other hotels in Miami Beach, and this certainly constitues a defining attribute. We're so glad you enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner at our Restaurant Michael Schwartz which we thins is absolutely fabulous and that the pool is still a favorite and makes an impression every time. Thanks for considering our beach staff as exceptional, we do consider that they are very friendly and helpful, and for acknowleding Fernando, who I know couldn't be happier in making you feel as welcome and comfortable as possible. We look forward to welcoming you and Mom back and to continue being part of your wonderful tradition.

Warm regards,

501 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you didn't already feel like you were in Miami during the cab ride from the airport, you'll feel it the moment you walk into the Raleigh's lobby. I loved the lobby's swanky vibe (though the prices at its coffee bar were a bit outrageous). The iconic, Art Deco pool is absolutely stunning and worth a first for the pool alone.

When we first got to our rooms, I was a little surprised by how outdated they felt. Though the look is deliberate, the linoleum floors were unexpected and felt very dated. Thankfully, the look grew on me over the course of our stay. The overhead fan and AC made our stay and sleep very comfortable.

I thought the location was also ideal. It's within a (long) walk to Ocean Avenue - far enough away from the touristy, underwhelming restaurants and close to lots of hotels with fun poolside bars, albeit with $17 drinks, expensive even by New York standards.

Room Tip: Book & pay in advance to take advantage of special discounts. I thought the property's price...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We like to think of the Raleigh as being as classic an heirloom of Miami as you are going to get on the beach. We are definitely close to it all , yet we like to think of ourselves as more of a relaxing oasis than a busy party scene. We're glad that the look and décor "grew" on you and please know that although most of the décor and design is in fact deliberate, that there features that we will improve on and even modernize, without affecting the integrity or design of the hotel. We would love to welcome you back very soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked a room for september in one of their luxury suits. Was confirmed by email that no money would be debited to my account and i will pay on arrival. On Wednesday i was charged the whole amount for my room, called up and they were very helpful and said it would get refunded in 2-3 business days. I wasn't too annoyed about this as it was a small error. However their system has now charged me 3 times for the room !!!!!!!! and all the accounts department can do is refund it which is going to once again take 2-3 business days. They are trying to speed up the process which i am thankful for and the people i have spoke to are nice and helpful don't get me wrong. But because of this error i now have £0 money in my bank account and have bills coming out on Monday which the refund probably won't be processed by. I cannot believe this experience, I've never seen something like this before. I now cannot live until i get this money back and may miss bill payments and have bank charges.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
We're truly sorry for this incident. We will ensure that this matter is resolved as expeditiously as possible. This situation, is highly unusual and uncommon and will be sure to prevent from further occurrences. Just the same, we look forward to welcoming and however possible making up for this inconvenience. Feel free to contact directly to personally further assist you with whatever you may need.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you are looking for a classic hotel that is centrally located in Miami Beach, the Raleigh fits the bill.
After staying in downtown Miami at the Marriott Marquis for 2 nights I decided to move my last night in town, out to the beach. This was a drastic change in accommodations but was worth it based on the fact that I was going to be in paradise vs a construction zone which was all of downtown Miami.
I picked the Raleigh hotel because I wanted to stay close to the action and be on the beach and I was also looking for a great pool with a nice outdoor bar to enjoy my surroundings.
Plus cost was a major factor as well, I didn't want to blow my savings on some trendy new place, I wanted something more comfortable and classy. I have been going to Miami for years and I've stayed at a lot of hotels in Miami beach and I know what's worth the money and not. I didn't want to be in a small boutique with no amenities like the hotels on Ocean dr. but I also didn't want to get lost in a big resort either like the Fontainebleau. Traveling by myself this trip, The Raleigh seemed like a great choice. Keep in mind this hotel has not been changed much since it was built in the early 40s. The property was very nice and clean and the pool, gardens and patio bar is one of the best in the country and the coolest in Miami by far if you like old style with a small touch of modern comfort. Although they have gone through several renovations the property and it's rooms are very much the same that they have been for 70yrs. They still use hard keys so be sure and don't lose your room key or they charge you $75 to change the locks. With that said the property seemed safe and secure with staff always on look out for the guests safety and comfort.
My room was very quaint and comfortable but it was a lot smaller than expected, that was a Negative.
I stayed on the 6th floor and paid $200 a night for my room which got me bare minimum accommodations with a view of the roof and some of the gardens. My room was clean but too small in my opinion for the price. Staff was very friendly and helpful with anything I needed which was a positive. I will probably stay at the Raleigh again but might splurge $$$ for a better room. Not impressed with my room for the money but the pool and gardens made up for it, Big Positive!. In short If you are looking for a step back in time with a few modern touches for comfort this is the hotel for you. Thanks Raleigh staff, for an old hotel you guys do a nice job.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you so much for your review and for considering the Raleigh to be The Classic Hotel to stay at in Sobe. Your experiences and insight as our guest matter so much to us. We're thrilled that you particularly enjoyed our iconic pool and lush surroundings and Oasis. You are absolutely right about the look and feel of the hotel, we're definitely invested in keeping the Raleigh as true to its original 1940 form as possible. I'm sorry that you did not love your room, perhaps for your next stay we would love to accommodate you accordingly. Please feel free to contact me directly on order to better ensure this. We would love to welcome you back soon.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We had a good time at the Raleigh. The hotel does a great job in keeping with the original art deco theme. The service was good, all the staff are very professional. The rooms are a bit small and could be more comfortable. The location is central, close to everything you would want to see. The pool is very nice, lots of chairs to choose from and a nice pool. We stayed from Mon to Sat. Mon to Thurs was great, but then it went downhill. The bachelor/bachelorette parties moved in, there was suddenly no room around the pool and we were woken up several times during the night. I would not come here on a weekend, unless I was part of a party/group.

But, Mon to Thurs, the rooms and pool were quiet. The restaurant was also great, a really nice seating area outside.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. The balconies are not worth the extra $$, they are not very nice and it is so...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at The Raleigh, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm delighted that you were able to savor the nostalgic charm and art deco flare that the Raleigh is known for. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was hindered over the weekend with the arrival of many revelers. I will say that for the most part, the Raleigh is known to be more of a relaxing and low key oasis (as you experienced during the week) than a lively party scene. I'm glad to hear, however, that despite this you were still able to enjoy a great stay. We would love to welcome you back to experience a fully relaxing and memorable getaway.

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The Raleigh has a uniquely classic yet friendly atmosphere which is like no other in SoBe. We truly felt at home there with the friendly service. We were celebrating our 10 year anniversary and received champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon our arrival - such a special touch! The restaurant was wonderful both in atmosphere and fresh, delightful food with flavors that were unique and surprising. Our waiter was outstanding and remembered my drink order and food allergy from 2 nights prior. We will be back!

Room Tip: Higher floors are best, south side preferably because construction on the north side.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you celebrated your 10 year anniversary at the Raleigh and I'm happy to hear that it was nothing short of romantic and memorable. I'm glad that our staff's warmth and friendliness were essential components of your stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed our own Restaurant Michael Schwartz and that the menu, atmosphere, food and service were outstanding. I will definitely share your generous feedback with our F&B staff. We would love to welcome you back for your 11 years or sooner. Please feel free to contact me directly when you are ready to book.
Warm regards,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Pros: Very central, amazing location - beautiful pool- very close to the beach - free internet -Art deco feel, decent food.

Cons: Noisy, Could hear everything the people in my next room were saying, small rooms - noisy AC system - still using the old fashioned key system and I may add if you do lose the key you will be charged $75 - windows were super dirty- Overall I think its up for a renovation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback. Our central location and classic art deco charm are among our paramount and defining features and we're glad that you though so as well. I'm sorry to hear that you found the hotel to be lacking in other regards like the old fashioned key system or the size of the rooms. As an Art Deco property we do have a specific layout attributes that judged by the standard of more modern hotels built from the ground up may be considered more old-fashioned. We do have plans down the road for further refurbishment and modernization without compromising the historic integrity and classic art deco design of the Raleigh. We would love to welcome you back in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Been to The Raleigh? Share your experiences!