“Very nice hotel with a touch of history” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Raleigh Miami Beach

You added The Raleigh Miami Beach to your Saves list
The Raleigh Miami Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Get $100 Resort Credit
Ranked #43 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Brussels, Belgium
“Very nice hotel with a touch of history”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We spent two nights at the Raleigh and thoroughly enjoyed it. Its location is excellent near the beach where it has its own amenities, and there is a large walled garden behind the hotel with a beautiful swimming-pool, a restaurant and numerous sun chairs and sofas. A wonderful place to have breakfast, lunch or dinner - we really enjoyed our breakfast there.
Our room had a direct sea view, but was not particularly large. It was rather old-fashioned and would benefit from a thorough refurbishment and new furniture and carpets, especially as the old carpet in the room was slightly smelly.
The hotel staff were all very helpful, friendly and service-minded.
We had free wifi in the room and were also allowed to use the hotel bicycles free of charge - a wonderful way to visit Miami South Beach on the cycle path along the beach and the docks.
The Raleigh is not cheap - due to its amenities and reputation - and we paid around 550 US dollars per night for an average room in terms of overall quality.
Nevertheless we would definitely recommend the Raleigh because of its friendly staff, its location and its amenities, in particular the walled garden, the beach facilities and the free bicycles.

Room Tip: Obviously, a room with a sea view is preferable!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
brian v, General Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you had a wonderful and memorable stay with us and that everything from the pool and oasis, to the beach service and breakfast, which is amazing at our own Restaurant Michael Schwartz, were indeed to your liking. Of course both the wifi and the bicycles make for great perks too. I will say that further down the line we are looking forward to further improvement and refurbishment of our rooms.We would love to welcome you again soon.

Brian Vujnovic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We chose this hotel for the pool as Miami hotels, especially on Ocean Drive tend to have small pools. The pool area is beautifully designed, and the lobby also reflected the hotel's glamorous heritage. The rooms were disappointing, ours was very tired looking and had a big damp stain on the wall which you don't expect at the price they charged. I also found the maître de insulting. Every day, for 9 days she asked me whether I was staying there despite the fact we ate there every morning, had several other meals there and used the bar - it is not a big hotel and quite frankly, her only job was to "find" us a table, when we could have done this ourselves without being questioned about our eligibility to be there. She should have changed her script and asked us what our room number was, like most hotels do rather than make us feel The Unmemorable Family. I loved going to Ocean Drive for cocktails and meals in the evening, but was glad we stayed at the Raleigh, as it was a lot more reserved, played laid back jazz and didn't have loud l music with misogynistic rap lyrics like a lot of the others did.

Room Tip: Try and get a sea view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are so happy that you particularly enjoyed our pool and commons, which are both representative of the retro art deco ambiance and certainly paramount features of our property. I'm sorry to hear that your impression of our rooms is that they are weathered or "tired"; we do heed your comments and we will definitely look to address this. You are absolutely right that the Raleigh stands out as a relaxing and quiet oasis amidst much of the loud music and party scene that you will find in other parts of Miami Beach, namely on the strip and Ocean Dr. I'm sorry to hear also that your experience with the maitre'd was less than favorable; we do encourage all our employees to practice personalized service and we strive to anticipate your needs and preferences, especially when staying for this lengthy a period of time. We would love another opportunity, if you would be so kind, to provide you with the flawless Raleigh experience you deserve. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist you with these arrangements.

Jericho, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

The hotel grounds are beautiful and the staff could not be more attentive. While the roome wereny extravagant, they were clean and well presented. Its a relaxing contrast to the thumping beats of many party hotels. I hope Tommy Hilfiger doesn't change a thing.

• Stayed April 2014
brian v, General Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel and that you consider the Raleigh to be " a tranquil oasis in the sea of south beach madness" I have to concur that we are proud to boast an oasis-like quality as well as a relaxing and intimate atmosphere amidst the revelry and sprawling commotion at many of the other hotels on the strip, which South Beach is also known for. I'm glad that our staff had everything to do with you enjoying a wonderful stay and friendly and hospitable service. No matter what the Raleigh will always be the Raleigh and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,
Pleasanton, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Nice place, it seems you get in New York.
A lot of people and a lack of place...
Hotel has been working since 1940.. The building looks like historical museum - all furniture came from last century (except LCD TV and sleeping bed).
All stuff were very friendly. I want to say many THANKS to lobby manager Eugenia. She is a great and professional person.

The bad experience was when I got back my car from the Valet Parking. We didn't use our car while were in hotel. 10 min after we left hotel I noted that the gas tank of my car almost empty..... It was real surprise for me, because I definitely remember I had 1/2 gas tank before I gave my car to to valet parking manager.
I didn't come back to the hotel for posting a clime, because we had not enough time for that. In any way I should say "hello" to the person who has such dirty business. By the word - the milage odometer indicated the same "strange" increase about +90 miles than I had before valet parking.
It is not big loss for my budget, but I newer come back to this place again. I newer advice it for my friends.

My advice: do not hesitate to make a photo of your car (dashboard + all body side) when you leave your car at any valet parking place.
Take care and good luck.

Stayed April 2014
First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us, it is of course an effort and we truly appreciate it. Also thank you for acknowledging our Assistant Front Office Manager, Evgenia, who is definitely a great member of our team who upholds our hospitality and service culture. That being said, we are sorry to hear that your stay was anything less than an a carefree and enjoyable experience. Please know that our policy is very strict and very clear regarding valet, the guest car is considered private property of course and only meant to be driven by valet to and from the parking garage. If you feel that something other than this has occurred we ask that you report this to any of our staff so that they can inform a manager and address this issue with immediacy. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this matter in further detail. It is truly a shame that because of this issue your stay was altogether blighted. We would love to have you stay with us again and ensure you the seamless and carefree stay that you're entitled.

Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

The property is not a 4 star rated hotel, maybe 3 star at best. All common areas, elevators and rooms need renovating. Small rooms and very old decor. The pool and staff are the best attributes to the facility. Over priced for what you get. Go look at the National Hotel and see what a recently renovated hotel looks like.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are truly sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable and your impression of the hotel was less than favorable. Although an Art-Deco and period piece hotel we do have plans for another renovation and refurbishment; although our facilities and rooms are in fact up to date. Thank you once again for sharing your experience.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Unfortunately, I have to give an otherwise nice stay at a fun hotel a DO NOT GO rating, based on the phony charges that they have added to my bill. First, they tried to charge my room for overnight parking. We didn't have a car. Second, they tried to charge my room for a missing robe. Nobody took the robe. Since we still on the premises when the parking charge appeared on the bill that was left under our door, we were able to discuss it face to face with the desk clerk, and they removed that item. However, I have had no response from the hotel about the missing robe charge ($150), which only appeared on my credit card statement after we left the hotel. After 3 phone calls to the accounting department at the Raleigh, I have not received a single phone call in response. Thus, my opinion of the hotel has soured. Based on the fact that the Raleigh charged our room initially for parking, which was either negligence or bad faith, I question whether the charge for the "missing robe" could have simply been an error. In situations like these, it is difficult to give the benefit of the doubt. Advice: Take a picture of the closet showing the hanging robes before you depart and carefully check your bill.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear that your impression of the hotel was seriously affected due to an erroneous charge on your bill. Our sincerest apologies. Although wrong postings don't happen very often, when they do happen we definitely seek to address and correct these in an expeditious manner. It does sound that except for the billing issue (which albeit is an unnecessary frustration for anyone) your impression of the hotel and staff is overall a good one and for us it would be a true shame to not have you back and afford you the carefree gateway you deserve. Please allow us another opportunity to guarantee that you have a wonderful stay and feel free to contact me directly to assist you for your future stay.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Raleigh exceeded our expectations. They were accomodating and welcoming. From the coffee bar in the lobby to the bellman, they were excellent. They even arranged for special accommodations for our daughter's food allergies during her stay. The vibe was chic and hip enough for parents, but kid-friendly enough for our children to romp in the waves and at the pool. We will be back!

Room Tip: We had the ocean-view suite which was lovely. No balcony though!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing and posting your review. We are thrilled that you had a memorable and enjoyable stay and that every member of our staff contributed to a personalized and wonderful experience. Our facilities in fact are great for families, for both adults and children. We would love to welcome you and your family again. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist you with any arrangements for your return.