“Proper Art Deco hotel in a fantastic location and amazing pool!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Raleigh Miami Beach

You added The Raleigh Miami Beach to your Saves list
The Raleigh Miami Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Daily $75 F&B credit!
Ranked #43 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Proper Art Deco hotel in a fantastic location and amazing pool!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I was really looking forward to staying at the Raleigh - the big appeal being the authentic Art Deco style. On arrival it was a bit of a shock at just how 'authentic' the hotel was. However that's what makes it a truly beautiful hotel and a unique experience. If you like modern hotels it probably isn't for you.

Following a walk down the beach we were so glad we chose the Raleigh. Huge resort style hotels with loud music and lots of crowds. The Raleigh is a lovely boutique hotel - not a resort - so intimate and very relaxing.

In addition to the original features at the Raleigh - the pool is simply amazing. We swam every day and it was very chilled and never over crowded. Perfect. Couple both of these things with the location and it really is a great choice! You can walk everywhere and you are very central to the nightlife, shops and Art Deco district.

On the negative side I wasn't that impressed with the service at front desk - the restaurant team were lovely - however I happen to agree with other reviewers I don't think they believe the customer is right and they never got back to you! However Miami generally isn't great at service! So maybe the Raleigh is better in comparison?!

More generally in Miami - be aware of the 18% service charge - it's on everything at most hotels and restaurant - even the coffee! I'm used to that in London however really didn't expect to see that in America where they value good service. And the service really isn't that great in some places. Two places stood out to us who were proud not to include the fixed service - Grillfish restaurant on Collins and The Betsy Hotel on Ocean. Definitely the best service we had all holiday.

Stay at The Raleigh if you want to experience proper Art Deco design - and because the pool makes everything all worth while!

• Stayed July 2013
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts on the hotel, we agree that the authenticity of the hotel and its charm may not be appealing for all travelers and we try our best to accommodate each and every guest while here. What’s the Raleigh Hotel without our world renowned pool, we all fall in love with everyday as well and are happy that you were able to enjoy it. We are saddened to hear that our front desk staff did not provide the service in which you were expecting though it is our number one priority on a daily basis and certainly set out to make all of our guests comfortable. I would love to hear more about this experience. Overall I understand that your visit to the Raleigh was one of enjoyment and would love to have you back with you again soon. Please contact me directly to book your next stay.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I recently had the pleasure staying at the Raleigh Hotel in Miami for a much needed get-a-way with my girls. We had a minor hiccup with our flight and ended up not getting to Miami until the next day. The staff was so accommodating and helpful with our reservations and extended our stay for an extra day. After all of the stress we went through with our flight it was SO nice to get here and have EVERYTHING go so smoothly. Brian, the hotel manager, was at the front desk when we got there and heard us talking about our situation and gave us drinks to help us restart our weekend off right! Brain-THANK YOU!! You definitely started our weekend off right!! Everything about the hotel was perfect! My girls and I were able to relax and do our own thing. The pool was so peaceful and the service there was exceptional. From someone who is in a leadership/manager role I know when the overall service is exceptional it is a direct reflection on the leadership team. Great job management team and THANK YOU for making our weekend nothing less than AMAZING!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! Girls get-a-ways are the best and we are so excited that you ladies decided to share it here with us! What a great way to start off the weekend with a drink upon arrival. We love to make our guests feel at home in providing great service. We certainly hope that you will visit with us again soon! Please contact me directly when you are ready to book.

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I went for a weekend stay based on a friend's recommendation and we're pleased with the choice, especially compared to what we saw from other hotels we visited in the area. The hotel was laid back, quiet, and family friendly with direct beach access. At breakfast at the hotel every morning. Try the granola. We had an Ocean View room and it was nice. The service was very good, as well. All in all, a great stay.
One thing we didn't like: they charge you a $20/day amenity fee that is not disclosed until you arrive. Why is the hotel rate that I paid not inclusive of this fee?
Small price to pay for a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, we are so excited that you are satisfied with the choice you made to stay here with us at the Raleigh. We pride ourselves on being an “Oasis” on the beach. We are happy that you were able to visit our restaurant and enjoyed. We look forward to having you stay with us again! Please contact me directly when you are ready to book.

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

If you are in the need to rest, relax, and rejuvenate, look no further. From the moment of check in, the prestine and fresh lobby welcomed my girlfriends and I for a much needed girls get away. While we hit up other spots on Collins Ave. for the nightlife, The Raleigh was the perfect spot to come home to at night and relax by the pool and beach during the day. We were upgraded to a suite, which was perfect since there were four of us. Coming in from the heat of the night with the fan on high and hunkering down into one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in at a hotel was pure bliss. The bathrooms are spacioius, and have an old school Miami feel. The pool, which of course is legendary in itself, did not disappoint, providing us with rays of sun and cocktails while we relaxed. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, always welcoming us back and making sure we were taken care of. I don't think I opened the front door for myself once during the whole weekend, a nice touch to note since I'm in the industry myself. If you have a late night craving try the chicken wings, they're delish. Thank you for making our stay even more memorable Raleigh Hotel and staff, we truly had a blast.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review, rest assured you will always find relaxation at the Oasis that is the Raleigh. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! What an awesome way to start a trip with an upgrade to one of our spacious suites for a girls trip. The charm of the Raleigh is displayed throughout the property from the lobby to our historic rooms. The world renowned Raleigh pool is one sight to see. We enjoy the beauty of it as well. Our service is one to be proud of and are humbled that you and your party were able to have a memorable experience with us. We would love to have you here with us again! We want to welcome you back home. Please contact me directly when you are ready to book.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed here with a couple of my girlfriends for a birthday wknd June 28th-July 1. It took about 20min to get to the hotel from Miami Airport. We arrived in the afternoon and were immediately given our keys. I thought check-in was fast and informative considering we were 4 chatty gals with a ton of luggage. We stayed on the 5th fl in a corner room with a king bed and pull out. The room was big with views of Collins Ave. The bathroom was fantastic!!! I loved the floor-to-ceiling mirror and double shower head walk-in shower! We all slept great, 3 of us had plenty of room in the king bed and 1 of us slept on the pull out with out any complaints. There was a large closet and plenty of drawers. Late nights we'd order room service and the chicken wings were AMAZING! I loved the pool, there were plenty of chairs to pick from and the staff was always around to help. The beach was a short walk behind the hotel, chairs are provided but an umbrella is $15. The ocean was the perfect temperature and clean. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Raleigh. We picked it because of the location but we enjoyed the stay because of the attentive staff and relaxing atmosphere. I would recommend it and i will return.

Room Tip: corner rooms have a lot of space.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review, what an awesome girls weekend! Sounds like you ladies really enjoyed your stay here with us. We are proud of our spacious rooms, always making a perfect cozy for small groups of friends. Location is perfect when traveling to South Beach and we are certainly in the best location for pool to beach trips! Service is our focus and we want everyone who visits us to have pleasant experiences. We would love to have you again with us. Please contact me directly to book.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We just held our wedding weekend at the Raleigh, and I couldn't be happier that we chose this hotel to host ourselves and our guests for this special time. Everything was absolutely amazing and we had an unforgettable time!

When we were planning our wedding, my husband and I knew that we wanted a small, intimate group and a vacation destination that our friends and family could enjoy - we got just that and SO much more. We worked with Debra Erber, the special events coordinator and I have to say that if you book an event at the Raleigh, book it through her. She was so accommodating and went completely above and beyond in every way! She was composed, knowledgeable, and willing to meet our every need. Planning was so easy with her helpful vendor suggestions and coordination. She was always quick to respond to emails and phone calls and welcomed us and walked us through the property every time I had a new person come to check it out. On the actual wedding day she arranged all of the DIY decor that I had brought and made sure everything looked perfect so I didn't have to worry about a thing. Right before the ceremony started, it began to rain and since our ceremony was to take place outside, Debra quickly gave us options for what we wanted to do and executed the change of plan flawlessly. I honestly cannot say enough good things about her!

As the weekend arrived and we checked in, the hotel graciously upgraded us to the penthouse suite for our entire stay and the staff was wonderful to all of our guests. The restaurant on the property, Restaurant Michael Schwartz catered our wedding as well as offered our guests delicious food throughout the weekend at the pool bar and indoor martini bar. Everyone raved about the food and said it was the best wedding food they have ever had!

The property itself is so lovely and really takes you back to an old-time, sophisticated Miami beach era. I never even left the hotel the entire 3 days we stayed there because there was no need. The pool is by far the best on Miami beach, and my family loved lounging in the cabanas poolside as well as having drinks in the ocean and on the beach. We hosted a cocktail party Friday night, the night before the wedding, so our 55 guests could all meet each other and it was the perfect setting out at the cabanas for a cocktail mingle. I could go on for days about how much I loved this hotel and the entire experience.

Every single one of our guests said it was hands down the best wedding they've ever been to! The event space, staff, food, and hotel were all top notch at an affordable price. Book your event through Debra ASAP! I know we will be coming back frequently!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback! What an amazing wedding weekend! We thoroughly enjoyed you and your family here for a fun filled special weekend! Debra is certainly AMAZING and we are proud that she was able to walk you through and execute a memorable event for you. Restaurant Michael Schwartz are latest addition is a must experience at the Raleigh and sets the tone for great experiences with great food. The charm of the Raleigh is undeniable and we are always humbled when our guests can appreciate its history and beauty. We would love to have you back here with us! Please contact me directly when you are ready to book.

Hallandale Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had an amazing stay with great service and an unexpected massive room and balcony. 2 minutes walkiing distance to Lincoln Road for shopping and restaurants. We also enjoyed dinner and breakfast at the restaurant. The food and service were impecable!!! The pool is a work of art! Thank you Raleigh staff. WE WILL BE BACK!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review! We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay here with us! We love our pool as well and happy that you were able to enjoy its beauty and charm as well. We want you to visit us again and look forward to your return! Please contact me directly to book.