“An amazing wedding weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Raleigh

Save Saved
You added The Raleigh to your Saves list
The Raleigh
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel virtual tour
Offers & Announcements
15% Off & $100 Credit
Ranked #40 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
“An amazing wedding weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We just held our wedding weekend at the Raleigh, and I couldn't be happier that we chose this hotel to host ourselves and our guests for this special time. Everything was absolutely amazing and we had an unforgettable time!

When we were planning our wedding, my husband and I knew that we wanted a small, intimate group and a vacation destination that our friends and family could enjoy - we got just that and SO much more. We worked with Debra Erber, the special events coordinator and I have to say that if you book an event at the Raleigh, book it through her. She was so accommodating and went completely above and beyond in every way! She was composed, knowledgeable, and willing to meet our every need. Planning was so easy with her helpful vendor suggestions and coordination. She was always quick to respond to emails and phone calls and welcomed us and walked us through the property every time I had a new person come to check it out. On the actual wedding day she arranged all of the DIY decor that I had brought and made sure everything looked perfect so I didn't have to worry about a thing. Right before the ceremony started, it began to rain and since our ceremony was to take place outside, Debra quickly gave us options for what we wanted to do and executed the change of plan flawlessly. I honestly cannot say enough good things about her!

As the weekend arrived and we checked in, the hotel graciously upgraded us to the penthouse suite for our entire stay and the staff was wonderful to all of our guests. The restaurant on the property, Restaurant Michael Schwartz catered our wedding as well as offered our guests delicious food throughout the weekend at the pool bar and indoor martini bar. Everyone raved about the food and said it was the best wedding food they have ever had!

The property itself is so lovely and really takes you back to an old-time, sophisticated Miami beach era. I never even left the hotel the entire 3 days we stayed there because there was no need. The pool is by far the best on Miami beach, and my family loved lounging in the cabanas poolside as well as having drinks in the ocean and on the beach. We hosted a cocktail party Friday night, the night before the wedding, so our 55 guests could all meet each other and it was the perfect setting out at the cabanas for a cocktail mingle. I could go on for days about how much I loved this hotel and the entire experience.

Every single one of our guests said it was hands down the best wedding they've ever been to! The event space, staff, food, and hotel were all top notch at an affordable price. Book your event through Debra ASAP! I know we will be coming back frequently!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! What an amazing wedding weekend! We thoroughly enjoyed you and your family here for a fun filled special weekend! Debra is certainly AMAZING and we are proud that she was able to walk you through and execute a memorable event for you. Restaurant Michael Schwartz are latest addition is a must experience at the Raleigh and sets the tone for great experiences with great food. The charm of the Raleigh is undeniable and we are always humbled when our guests can appreciate its history and beauty. We would love to have you back here with us! Please contact me directly when you are ready to book.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Hallandale Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had an amazing stay with great service and an unexpected massive room and balcony. 2 minutes walkiing distance to Lincoln Road for shopping and restaurants. We also enjoyed dinner and breakfast at the restaurant. The food and service were impecable!!! The pool is a work of art! Thank you Raleigh staff. WE WILL BE BACK!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review! We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay here with us! We love our pool as well and happy that you were able to enjoy its beauty and charm as well. We want you to visit us again and look forward to your return! Please contact me directly to book.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This year for our annual Miami trip, my husband and I, with new baby in tow (4 months at the time) decided to try out the iconic Raleigh hotel for 5 days. I'm happy to say that we were not disappointed.

To start with, I had ordered a car seat, booster chair & play mat for our son from a baby travel company. The hotel arranged our airport pick-up, and some other transportation. Every time the car seat was secure and waiting for us. As a new mom, it was one less thing I had to think about, and I definitely appreciated that extra peace of mind.

The hotel itself, met more than my expectations. The lobby is inviting, with comfortable furniture and cool colors. Our room a Terrace Suite, had a very classic old Miami vibe. Such a refreshing change from the art deco/ ultra modern rooms that are in abundance. Everything went well together, and the day bed was comfortable and great for some playtime/tummy time with our son. We ordered a baby crib and although I was apprehensive that my son wouldn't want to sleep in it, he must have found it inviting as he slept without a care. Our King size bed was super comfortable. My husband didn't feel me getting up for our son's feedings. Plush pillows & fine linens. Most importantly, the rooms where spotlessly clean.

We were up early most days, as we adjusted to the time difference, and although we could have ordered coffee to the room, I loved being able to hit up the coffee bar followed by an early morning stroll around the pool. The morning barista was super polite and made fantastic coffee. And if you want a quick lite snack, the smoothies offered at the coffee bar are delish.

The food at the Raleigh is AMAZING!! Normally we only do breakfast at our hotels, but during our stay we only ate two meals off property. My husband couldn't stop raving over the eggs Benedict, while I stuck to the Frittata & Breakfast Burrito. I also recommend the fish taco, BLT, tomato soup. Everything was tasty and well presented.

We were able to spend a few days at the pool, and it's a feature not to be missed. My son being so young, we chose to hangout in one of the larger cabanas with fans. This was a perfect fit for us. Nicely protected from the sun, comfy seating, a cool breeze from the fan, good food and cold drinks.

The front desk staff was very helpful and polite. Tiffany prior to my arrival helped me narrow down my spa choices, and once I new what I wanted, it was all booked for me. One of my favorite touches during the day was a small cooler of cold water infused with lemon & cucumber at the front desk.

Overall, I was ecstatic with our choice, as the experience helped make our first family vacation a success. I look forward to staying again next year.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! What an awesome trip for a new family. We are pleased that the accommodations were able to fit your needs from your small baby to your husband. WE find the beds quite comfy too! In preserving the integrity and history of the hotel we didn’t make many changes but we are pleased that the added colors and style to the lobby made you feel comfortable and hopefully at home. Great news that you were able to venture into Restaurant Michael Schwartz and try all of the amazing dishes they have to offer as well as the Coffee Bar which does an awesome job on the smoothies. Our worlds renowned pool is certainly a MUST on the Raleigh experience list and always a great time. Service is of the utmost importance to us and are humbled that we provided a lasting experience when you are away from home. We hope you have you venture on our side of the world again and look forward to welcoming you back! Please contact me directly when you are ready for the 2nd family vacation to the Oasis that is the Raleigh!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere, cleanliness, service and food are all deserving of this 5 star review. I was looking for a quick stay-cation and got everything I wanted. This hotel still has the old Art Deco feel without being over-the-top. The staff were very friendly and willing to go out of their way to get you what you want. A special thank you to Brian who made our stay here one for the record books. We'll be seeing you again soon!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay here with us! Staycations are always nice and are honored you chose us to enjoy! We certainly look forward to seeing you again soon! Please feel free to contact me directly when you are ready to book!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Decided on a whim to head to South Beach for the night. I was able to book a room and the views and staff were exceptional. It felt like a trendy Art Deco hotel without the pretense. We ate outside, swam during the day and had a great trip. Definite worth visiting again!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for your review! Sounds you like you had the perfect Raleigh experience! We are happy that our service and hotel were to your pleasing! Please visit us again soon, we look forward to having you back!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I just hosted 100 family and friends from all over the US and England at The Raleigh for our Renewing of Vows Ceremony, July 2013. What a wonderful group of people to work with - Debra, Alexandra, Sergio, Gabi, Tiffany, Kimberly, Nesh, and Cat to name just a few. We had been planning our event since the beginning of 2013 and Debra especially made herself available every step of the way and we couldn't have asked for a better team. In a nutshell, if you are looking for an intimate, special feel to an event you must definitely consider The Raleigh Hotel. See you next July 4th. Nancy, John and Austin.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Awesome review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We enjoyed having you and your family here with us for such special occasions! Debra is a shining star and as always executes a wonderful event, we are proud to have her! Its humbling to know that our service was to your expectation and happy that you shared your experience with us . We can’t wait to see you all next year!

surrey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Small dingy room,very old dirty carpet,a bathroom so small if you are over 5ft you will feel very uncomfortable.Our sunset!!!!!! room overlooked the main road,quiet noisy.
The staff were excellent,and very attentive,the pool was wonderful,but don't believe all you see
the online photos,also take plenty of money,it's VERY EXPENSIVE, $90,for 2 tea plate size
salads,and 2 small glass's of house wine.I had waited since February to see this hotel, what a disappointment,it need's a total upgrade and refurb,and a coffee maker in every room.
I will visit Miami again,it's a lively fun place,but i will never recommend or return to The Raleigh.
P.S. do not use the beach bag $40,or the slipper's $20.

Room Tip: Do not accept a sunset room.