“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Raleigh

Save Saved
You added The Raleigh to your Saves list
The Raleigh
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
$50 Room Credit!
Ranked #46 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The staff in the Raleigh were first class, everyone was very happy to help and the hotel had a great feel to it, welcoming and friendly. I did think the drinks in the hotel were very over-priced and the hotel would have got top marks if there was a coffee machine in the room. There was a wedding in the hotel when we stayed and this did not affect the service that we received, I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Sharon S,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We certainly enjoy making our guests feel comfortable and welcomed in our home. We strive to make everyone happy and are proud that in providing a service to our wedding guests, there was no inconvenience. We would love to have you back here with us. Please feel free to contact me directly to book your next stay with us.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have just returned from a 10 night stay at the Raleigh and loved every minute of our stay.
The hotel is in the most perfect location and you are within walking distance to all of the top SoBe attractions.
The pool area in my opinion is the best in the area, we visited the SLS, Shore Club and the Delano and they did not compare to the Raleigh.
The staff in all areas of the hotel are extremely helpful and polite, we could not of wished for better service.
A special thanks to the front desk staff who were most helpful with organising our car rental and trips.

Jenn1330,

Thank you so much for your review, we are elated that you were able to have an amazing experience at our hotel. We too are in love with our world re-known pool and pride ourselves on having one of the most beautiful pools. Our staff works hard to provide a memorable to each and every guest that we welcome into our homes in building lasting memories and relationships with our guests. I will be sure to let the Front Desk staff know that they were helpful in your time here, they are great! We would love to have you back, please don't be a stranger! Please feel free to contact me directly when you are ready to book.

NY, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Every year my husband and I take a long weekend in Miami. I think this may be my favorite place so far. The luxurious lobby is an art deco gem only to be outdone by the iconic pool. The coffee shop in the lobby had some of the best java going. I loved the old school elevators and the fact you have an actual key. While it is fun to stay at a place with a club and nightlife, I really enjoyed the more elegant vibe at night. The food was great and of course pricey. The service was great all the way around. It is great that the beach chairs are included. We had a small balcony which was a nice bonus as the rooms are small and nicely furnished. The only reason I didn't give it an super excellent rating was our last day/night there was a wedding & receptionat the hotel and most of the Saturday was spent setting up for the party. I would have liked to have known this b/c I had planned to spend some time in the hammocks back there on our last day but I was unable to do so b/c of set up. Not a big deal at all. It would just have been nice to know. But definitely stay here. It is terrific.

From NYto?

Thank you for your review! We are So happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are proud to carry the history and charm that is the Raleigh and focus on maintaining this prestige on South Beach. Our staff works diligently to provide excellent service when welcoming each and every guest into our home. We apologize for the inconveniences of the Oasis setup and hope that you were able to enjoy the pool for some relaxation. We certainly will love to have you to return and stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly when you are ready to book.

St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at the Raleigh for 10 nights in the beginning of May and I totally fell in love with this hotel despite I stayed before in Loews, Delano, National, Fountainbleau, Tides, Ritz-Carlton and Shore Club! it is now #1 for me!
First of all I would like to say thank you to all the wonderful staff there and to the GM of the hotel for making it so so cozy, delicate and very very relaxing.
To describe it I would rather devide my review in parts.
1) Lobby and areas. From the moment you arrive from Collins ave. you get into a wonderful new terrace with a fantastic new art deco furniture. when you enter looby of the hotel you re in a museum of style, glamour and Miami's best. the lobby is (Thanks God) beautifully preserved and I hope that it will never be changed and modernised (spoiled) like it is in nearby hotels. The cofee bar is a masterpiece itself and a very convenient place where you can have cigarettes, cigars, coffe/tea. pastries and candies 24 hours! just got it and relax on the terrace overlooking Collins through palm trees!
2) Rooms. we were 4 so I saw several categories of rooms. But, I tell you, each one is fantastic and very stylish. it is perfect that they have the art deco style kept even in bathrooms and you dont have a standart moden bathroom like everywhere! Terrace suites are gorgeous and have a 100% private apartment style atmosphere. where else now you can find palm trees and not standart floor plans?! nowhere except for the Raleigh. Rooms are very clean and housekeeping staff make it all very very well! ONE "NO" - CARPETS AND UPHOLSTERY ON SOFAS should be refreshed as also the corridor carpets.
!!!! THE STILL HAVE KEYS AND ITS FANTASTIC! hate that stupid cards! godd for them! please keep it!

3) Food and Drinks.
THIS IS REALLY THE POINT ONE MUST STAY THERE ONCE!
Martini bar is the perfect bar ever. Please keep it like it is. Unfortunately according to stupid rules you cant smoke cigars there but it was meant to be smoking!!!!!!
The restaurant is gorgeous with beautiful furniture outside serving delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner! staff is also very very great!!!! What i would definitely add is live music to make more pretty. you are bored to hear jazzy-style instrumental music all day long!!!!!

4) pool and beach. The pool is a masterpiece itself and I now can prove that it IS the most beautiful pool in the US. pool bar is very good serving whatever you want. Beach is near. beach staff is very professional. you feel at the pool area like you are at you own villa and forget that you are in a busy place!!!! other hotels dont have that unique quality!

now what I definitely suggest to change or improve:

1) Music. it must be a piano or jazz quartet sometimes live.
2) gorgeous new style lobby BUT IT NEED TO HAVE MORE GREENS! put please back one or two palm trees or something..... it looks empty and cold without it. please consider doing that! it will not spoil it and if you see the original picture of the looby you can see a plam ttree there.
3) the upper lobby deserves to be a lounge style area with an art deco furniture, not a modern simple chairs....
4) some rooms have old hair-dryers and the must be changed
5) please put back the pool side cabanas for 2 people!
6) the pool side needs to be painted here and there and need to be refreshed cosmetically.
7) please dont make the hotel modern! ;)))

Thank you Raleigh very much for a wonderful experience and I am looking forward to staying there in the nearest future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: the larger the better!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Alexey0287

WOW! Thank you so much for your review and helpful feedback! We are honored and elated to have so many wonderful things said about the property. We are very proud of the Raleigh Hotel and its ability to preserve the history, beauty and culture that it has maintained for over 40 years. Regarding your points: In preserving the style and elegance of the property a soothing sound was selected for the lobby, but can certainly consider the suggestion as we are open to them! We have noted the suggestions on the greenery in the lobby as well as the cabanas and restaurant furniture and appreciate the feedback on how these changes can be helpful.

From the pool to the lobby to Beauty and Style that is the Famous Martini Bar, we love and adore and will continue to p[reserve everything that is and was what they have become iconic. We love to hear from our valued guests and would love to have you back with us again. When you are ready to book, please feel free to contact me directly. I look forward to hearing from you!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed at The Raleigh in April and had a very relaxing long weekend. The pool wasn't loud or full of too many people. Beach access is perfect and service at both the beach and pool was great. The rooms are art deco and comfortable. The only problem was the driveway being repaved so it made parking a bit of an issue. I'm sure that is resolved by now.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Galen F

Thank you for your review! We are so excited that you enjoyed your recent stay here with us. We are happy that you were able to enjoy the amenities of the hotel. We are happy to report that the driveway has been repaved and looks great! We would love to have you back here with us! Please feel free to contact me directly when you are ready to book.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed at the Raleigh Hotel for four days in May with our two very young children-1 & 3yold. And we loved it! The Raleigh is gorgeous, service was impeccable, and everyone was friendly and more than accomodating of our family. Although the Raleigh is not kid-centric (ex-we had to get beach toys from a nearby hotel, no big deal), they are most def. kid and family-friendly, as every valet/desk/doorman/pool/beach/server was kind and attentive. We did the beach in the mornings, lunch and pool in afternoons (with naps in one of the many cabanas) and then out in town. The pool is amazing and we chose the Raleigh primarily due to the entire perimeter being shallow, it was perfect for kids while we could be right there lounging or in the big pool. No banishment to a kiddie pool here! Some reviews noted noise in rooms- it was booked (but not crowded at all-we checked to make sure no events were occuring during our stay) and we only heard the elevator. Our room was great, beautiful pool view. The elevator,however, was noisy, but we weren't directly next to or across from it. We only had brunch and lunches there, both insanely good. Bottom line: expensive, but Perfect location & glam ameneties along with awesome service means we will be back at he Raleigh with or without the kids many times in the future!

Room Tip: Room 513 had great pool/beach view!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Amanda F

Thank you so much for your awesome review! We are so elated that you and your family enjoyed your stay here with us at Raleigh. We certainly cater to all of our guests and certainly love when our "little" guests can enjoy too. Next time you are here please let us know as we have some fun kiddies for the pool! We absolutely love our pool area and fall in love with it everyday, so we are always excited when guests in our home can adore it as well. We certainly would love to have you back for another amazing stay! When you are ready, please feel free to contact me directly and would love to meet you!

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We went for the first time to the Raleigh Hotel with my boyfriend for a 1-week holiday and we definitely recommend the hotel.

The location of the hotel is awesome and you have both a great swimming pool and a fast access to the sea to enjoy the sun and take a good swim. You can also walk easily to Ocean drive and Lincoln Road which are great to spend your evenings.
If you can afford it, take a room with an ocean view as it is definitely worth it (you have even a view on the awesome swimming pool of the hotel). The rooms are simple but clean and pleasant. We could not hear street noises and we slept great so an ocean view room is a good way of not having too much noise at night as apparently other clients experienced.
The exterior of the hotel is really nice with the swimming pool and its nice lounge areas as well as the many orchids on the palm trees.
Be aware however that on Saturdays afternoon the hotel next door has DJ parties and the music is so loud that it is heard from the swimming pool of the hotel. If you do not like the kind of music played, just go to the beach to enjoy the deckchairs and the beautiful ocean which is quite wild...!

Last but not least the service is just great and so friendly. I have to make a special thanks to the concierge Fernando who recommended really made our stay enjoyable by recommending good activities and great restaurants. He definitely knows Miami and that makes such a difference!

Hopefully we will go back one day to Miami and I am pretty sure we will go back to the Raleigh.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room it is worth it. Breakfast at the hotel is good but a little expensive.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Julie A,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so excited that you enjoyed yours stay here with us. We are very proud of our hotel and its beauty is one to take much pride in. We are happy that you were able to take advantage of the Ocean views rooms they are quite mesmerizing along with a view of our famous pool. We certainly appreciate the kind words regarding Fernando, he is quite the GEM for us as well and we will be sure to share with him how much his recommendations and expertise helped create a memorable stay. We hope to see you soon you! When you are ready to visit us again, please feel free to contact me directly!

Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Raleigh? Share your experiences!