“incomparable style, luxurious relaxation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Raleigh

Save Saved
You added The Raleigh to your Saves list
The Raleigh
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel virtual tour
Offers & Announcements
15% Off & $100 Credit
Ranked #42 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Asheville, North Carolina
“incomparable style, luxurious relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I take my wife and daughter to The Raleigh every year. We check in and hardly ever leave. It's not abnormal for us to spend 8 hours poolside each day. A lot of neighboring hotels look like they're trying awful hard to be as cool as The Raleigh is.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

534 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Dunblane, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed at The Raleigh for 6 days after staying in NYC & Boston before hand. If you visit Miami as a tourist then you must stay at a hotel with direct access to the beach and this hotel has that, although the pool area is great. Hotel service is great from room service to front desk to the pool service.
Room was roomy but the shower-room facilities are a bit dated.
As has been said before Eggs Benedict for breakfast is a must!

Hotel prices for meals, room service is a little pricy but that seems to be South Beach prices for you!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I absolutely LOVE The Raleigh. I would come here every year if we could afford it. The pool & outdoor eating area were my favorite part of this hotel. Amazing fresh squeezed orange juice for breakfast, awesome pool to lounge in and around, great service.. Everything is beautiful. Every part of the hotel looks like a postcard. It has a vintage/20s/modern/art-deco feel to it. Simply breathtaking. We walked down the beach into Lindsey Lohan's hotel (she was staying near us.. forget the name of it..) and it was so loud, uncomfortable, too modern/hip and not cozy AT ALL. I was so glad that we were at The Raleigh & not this crappy ultra-hip hotel with a peewee pool. If you can afford it, I recommend every one visits South Beach in style at The Raleigh. Then, eat at Prime 112 for an amazing steakhouse dinner on the water. I'm daydreaming, now, wishing I was there!

• Stayed September 2012
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I wanted to stay away from the Ocean Drive district which is a bit kitsch, very noisy, and is not ON the beach. Ocean drive is a road you have to cross in yours swim trunks to get to a beachzone that is grass ridden which you cross again to get to the beach. No fun. So I chose the Lincoln/Collins strip. This one is next to the Shore Club and a block from Delano, SLS, all of which are opulent.

Pros
- Crispy the concierge - hands down the encyclopedia (and well known at that) for South Beach. She recommended everything and everywhere to go and even reserved and such
- The front desk staff was good (one lady is a bit moody though) but the rest are AMAZING, great service really! Bartenders are friendly too and make special drinks if requested.
- Kiehls toiletries in rooms, and rooms cleaned twice a day - at night they dim the lights, and light candles in it - awesome!
- The pool area is amazing, huge, pretty, with beds and single seats. Next is the cabana area with private cabanas, hammocks, and the likes. Then comes a door which is a few feet walk to the amazing, upscale beach area where chairs and umbrellas with Raleigh's name are read (next to Shore Club's) - its all so gorgeous!
- The drinks start at sunrise at the pool and end at sunset - how awesome is that?
- Great housekeeping, very friendly and clean up really well after you, and trustworthy too
- Free towels and such for the beach and pool, and free FIji water in the room
- Sleep like a baby but party like a tiger

Cons
- No happy hour in hotel - a shame really since other hotels have good stuff
- No amazing restaurant in hotel - actually not restaraunt as such, while Delano and SLS have amazing ones.. makes it seem that this one is overpriced for nothing.
- Gym is nonexistant - its just 3 machines and weights in a cabana
- No rooftop access
- The rooms are small and the sunset ones only face the street, which is better than others that face another building. But for the price you pay, its not much
- There is no study area in the room, and a shortage of sockets available to plug stuff in!
- Room keys - no swipe cards - so oldschool! Not a deal breaker though
- Lobby area at first looks dingy but grows on you.

For the pool, beach, service and drinks, I'd recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Book online at hotel website, its discounted even from other websites.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

There are several things I appreciate about the Raliegh: its vintage, non-chain nature, the access to the beach and a great running/walking trail right out the back door, and the clean rooms. The things I didn't appreciate about my stay there last night were: 1) the paper-thin walls. Between the late-night drunken partying on one side and the people having sex at 4:00 AM on the other side, I didn't get much sleep (which I was desperate for after taking the red-eye the night before); 2) the snobbishness of most of the staff I dealt with, and 3) the fact that they charged me $7.50 for a cup of coffee that I ordered with breakfast (the price was not listed on the menu). If I ever come back to Miami Beach, I will check out another place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Just returned back from a weeks stay at The Raleigh...from start to finish it was absolute bliss! When we were first booking our Miami trip, I originally looked at hotels on Ocean Drive - thank god I didn't book to stay there - Ocean Drive, despite its glam associations is totally tacky with loud music and touts from all the restaurants hassling you to eat on their strip of the pavement.
The Raleigh is so different.... it sits on a strip of Collins Ave that includes classier joints such as the Delano and the W Hotel.
The room itself ( Sunset View King- 6th floor) was great - spacious, with Miami Deco/ Mid Century furnishings - a vintage corner sofa, vintage 1950's table, Florence Broadhurst "Kabuki" fabric curtains and fab vintage style lightshades. I loved the bathroom with it's vintage-style fixtures and Deco details...and everything was super-clean. They also seem a bit fashion-savvy, which is great - the magazine reading material in the rooms was the CR book and W magazine - cool!!
Every-one on the front desk were friendly and polite and all the hotel staff seemed helpful - we didn't encounter any problems with service.
The wonderful pool is exactly how it is in the photos - Just stunning!! Towels are provided and the loungers are clean and comfortable. The music at the Raleigh was better than most - we heard the techno blaring out from most hotels, and were thankful that the Raleigh's music was of the Amy Winehouse, Smiths, Beck and Gossip variety.
The Martini bar is great - but very quiet! Plus their cocktail list isn't as extensive as I had imagined - but great nevertheless.
Beach access is great, also.
The only downsides were the dinner menu - as vegetarians there was no real option for us- a shame, as we had much more choice on the lunch menu. Also the restaurant and bar were super-quiet in the evening - quite dead really. Would have been nice if they could create a bit more of a vibe and liven it up a bit in the evenings.(We ended up going out to neighboring hotels such as The Shore Club's Red Room, The Delano and SLS just to be around other people for a drink).The lobby also feels a bit like a dead-zone - it's all a bit brown and heavy - it could use a bit of pizzazz or glamour to match the rest of the hotel.
The Raleigh was perfect for us - full of vintage-glamour, rat-pack cool during the day - just a pity that vibe didn't carry through to the evenings.
Over-all, a great hotel, fab service, great rooms and definitely the most glamorous pool in Miami.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Arcadia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I called reservations & explained that I needed to chill out after bad experience at another hotel chain. From the moment I made that call the staff at The Raleigh helped me to get a decent last minute rate and accommodated me that same day. The hotel is a gorgeous Art Deco historic landmark & the pool is the best in the area for swimming laps & is absolutely beautiful. During one of my swims the staff turned the fountains on in the pool & I thought I had died and gone to heaven, it is so magnificent! The hotel lobby is stunning & customer service was world class and consistent with all the staff and without any attitude. The chic and glamorous lobby and surroundings made it a beautiful & fashionable stay! The coffee shop in the lobby makes a great latte & was so convenient having it inside the hotel. My sheets, enormous fluffy towels and bathrobe were lush and so soft. Lisa is wonderful & provided excellent service by the pool daily. Everything I ordered looked & tasted amazing. My room had a lovely Ocean & Pool view and was very quiet & very comfortable. Room service meals were of the highest quality in taste, presentation and delivery. The maid service did an outstanding job every day & I never even saw or heard them! Life Guard Joan let me take the rope down to swim my 40 laps daily & was always helpful, fun, professional and happy. My stay here was rejuvenating & very relaxing. The location is a perfect strolling distance from the party scene on Deco Drive & a hop skip and a jump to the great shopping & restaurants on Lincoln Road. Roberto stopped by & checked up on my friends & I daily to make sure everything was to our satisfaction, it was an amazingly relaxing & stress free stay!! I highly recommend this hotel for the frequent traveler who wants to know they can check in to a stunning hotel relax, soak up the luxury & drift around in the peace and quiet. I'm really looking forward to my next visit to The Raleigh Hotel on SOBE.

Room Tip: I called reservations and mentioned I had an injury. To my big nice surprise on checking in, I had b...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Raleigh? Share your experiences!