I wanted to stay away from the Ocean Drive district which is a bit kitsch, very noisy, and is not ON the beach. Ocean drive is a road you have to cross in yours swim trunks to get to a beachzone that is grass ridden which you cross again to get to the beach. No fun. So I chose the Lincoln/Collins strip. This one is next to the Shore Club and a block from Delano, SLS, all of which are opulent.
- Crispy the concierge - hands down the encyclopedia (and well known at that) for South Beach. She recommended everything and everywhere to go and even reserved and such
- The front desk staff was good (one lady is a bit moody though) but the rest are AMAZING, great service really! Bartenders are friendly too and make special drinks if requested.
- Kiehls toiletries in rooms, and rooms cleaned twice a day - at night they dim the lights, and light candles in it - awesome!
- The pool area is amazing, huge, pretty, with beds and single seats. Next is the cabana area with private cabanas, hammocks, and the likes. Then comes a door which is a few feet walk to the amazing, upscale beach area where chairs and umbrellas with Raleigh's name are read (next to Shore Club's) - its all so gorgeous!
- The drinks start at sunrise at the pool and end at sunset - how awesome is that?
- Great housekeeping, very friendly and clean up really well after you, and trustworthy too
- Free towels and such for the beach and pool, and free FIji water in the room
- Sleep like a baby but party like a tiger
- No happy hour in hotel - a shame really since other hotels have good stuff
- No amazing restaurant in hotel - actually not restaraunt as such, while Delano and SLS have amazing ones.. makes it seem that this one is overpriced for nothing.
- Gym is nonexistant - its just 3 machines and weights in a cabana
- No rooftop access
- The rooms are small and the sunset ones only face the street, which is better than others that face another building. But for the price you pay, its not much
- There is no study area in the room, and a shortage of sockets available to plug stuff in!
- Room keys - no swipe cards - so oldschool! Not a deal breaker though
- Lobby area at first looks dingy but grows on you.
For the pool, beach, service and drinks, I'd recommend it highly.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, TIG Global, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Raleigh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raleigh Hotel Miami Beach