“Seasoned Style” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Raleigh

Save Saved
You added The Raleigh to your Saves list
The Raleigh
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
30% Off Best Rates!
Ranked #44 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Germany
“Seasoned Style”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is a typical Miamiy Beach Art Deco Hotel with all the benefits and draw backs that come along. The entrance hall is magnificent, the lobby and the bar stylish. The outdoor pool wonderful, the restaurant great. The "gym" is very basic and outdoor, it has three (!) machines, one of them was out of order. The rooms are nice and clean, the bathroom is small and functional, the AC is strong but load. The staff is very friendly, I would come again, but if you need a real gym go elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

505 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Back in June, I made reservations to stay at this hotel for a few days. As soon as we pulled up in front there was no one to greet us. When someone finally came out, I learned that they did not have valet parking or ANY parking available.

In fact they only have about ten parking spaces in the front of the hotel, the spots are free to park in but are first come first serve. The staff suggested that we park at the valet for another nearby hotel, or use the street or city parking. When we asked if our car would be towed staying overnight in the city parking they were not able to give us an answer. We ended up using the hotel next door's valet for a very high rate since we were not guests there. I learned from their staff that The Raleigh had a separate parking lot but somehow lost the use of it and parking has been an issue.

When I was finally settled in, I wanted to have a drink in their martini bar. When I went down there, I learned that during this time of the year, the bar is only open when it is raining. I ended up having to sit outside at a pool side bar in order to have a drink. One of the reasons I booked at this hotel was because of the iconic and unique bar.

The hotel is a very unique and beautiful property but the parking issue cannot be overlooked. If a hotel wants to be known as a luxury boutique property it has to have valet parking and just basic parking in general.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I've just spent a week at The Raliegh on my own, and had a really relaxing, thoroughly enjoyable stay. The rooms are ok, the best bits of this hotel however are the service from friendly and helpful staff, the pool is amazing and the food is great! Eggs Benedict for breakfast is a must! 15mins walk from ocean drive its close enough to enjoy the nightlife but far enough away to have peace and quiet too! There is a bit of work happening on the beach aT the moment so steer clear, but the pool is great and you don't hear any noise in the hotel grounds, unlike other hotels nearby. From walking along the beach and ocean drive the Raliegh was the best hotel, big enough to have the facilities you need but small enough to have the right level of service and quality food too. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Don't feta room near the lifts - very noisy from 6am :(
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Jensen Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Service was excellent from the moment we arrived until the time we departed. Valet for carpark, bellman and front desk, friendly and helpful. Always a pleasant greeting and smile during our two night stay. Service at breakfast and lunch great as was the food. Hotel lobby, pool and outdoor eating area beautiful. Room was fine, as was maid service. Location is terrific right on the beach and close to Lincoln Road shopping area.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I am coming from a tough year and I have made it a point to go to South Beach to Relax.... I was not let down or disappointed in anything while staying there and now I feel amazingly at ease. The Staff was extremely helpful including Fernando and Crispy. It is my wife and I 10th year anniversary and we were given a corner room FREE UPGRADE that had beautiful views of the pool and was very smooth Modern Features. We Loved the pool and the beach and then lounging for an hour in the room before getting ready to go out. Fernando said. "I was thinking about you guys and a place to celebrate your 10 years- Juvia"- We were amazed that the staff had thought of us and made Excellent Recommendations of places to go like Ola' and PubBelly too so we were not stuck on Lincoln Rd as tourists.
Crispy and the Raleigh Staff sent a bottle of Sangiovese to our room to help us celebrate our anniversary on the house which we took to the beach and enjoyed the Sunset Hours on a Life Guard Station- They really made us feel at home there and we did not want to leave.
We had excellent service throughout South Beach and are making the Raleigh our GO TO SPOT for my wife and I to Relax.
Thank you to all the staff at the Raleigh- Sincerely, Matt and Jen Dougherty

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has Ocean View- And if you can a Corner Room- It allows a lot of light!!!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The Raleigh is always my choice to stay in Miami - great pool , good rooms though really I spend so little time in the room but all in all one of my favorite places to stay except that this time there were a few problems... The staff seemed deflated and in a bad mood - not sure if its a mangemnet thing. They were definately short staffed only having one person doing pool service for food and drink, The pool bar was closed, the restaurant service slow. It felt like they were missingbodies. The young lady at poolside did a great job and was cheerful but you could tell she was completely over worked and I was amazed that she kept going during the rush peak times. I felt bad for he having no support. There were ot enoug bar saff in the evening too. My room was also serviced late at 5pm?? It feels like management has cut the staff numbers and are running their current team ragged. Saying all that the service was still very personal and the over worked staff were as always all great and lovely. I would go back but they def neee dto work out some kinks - if my stay next time is the same I may have to consider a new place in Miami which would be very sad indeed

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at The Raleigh four times in the past seven years. We absolutely love the pool area and everyone that works there is soooo friendly. We were walking distance to one of the best restaurants we've ever been to, OLA. The food at The Raleigh is great too - we had two items we've never had before, kobia fish and grilled shishito peppers. Yummy. Our bartender at the patio bar during most of our stay was Louis. He was terrific. He made us a spicy yellow pepper drink that was amazing. And for dessert one night, he made us a chocolate liquor drink with crispy little pieces of chocolate in it. Looking forward to our next stay in a comfy poolside "bed", hanging with Louis, and sampling the great cuisine of Miami.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Raleigh? Share your experiences!