“Relax at this great hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Raleigh

Save Saved
You added The Raleigh to your Saves list
The Raleigh
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel virtual tour
Offers & Announcements
15% Off & $100 Credit
Ranked #42 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Relax at this great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I've just spent a week at The Raliegh on my own, and had a really relaxing, thoroughly enjoyable stay. The rooms are ok, the best bits of this hotel however are the service from friendly and helpful staff, the pool is amazing and the food is great! Eggs Benedict for breakfast is a must! 15mins walk from ocean drive its close enough to enjoy the nightlife but far enough away to have peace and quiet too! There is a bit of work happening on the beach aT the moment so steer clear, but the pool is great and you don't hear any noise in the hotel grounds, unlike other hotels nearby. From walking along the beach and ocean drive the Raliegh was the best hotel, big enough to have the facilities you need but small enough to have the right level of service and quality food too. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Don't feta room near the lifts - very noisy from 6am :(
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

530 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Jensen Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Service was excellent from the moment we arrived until the time we departed. Valet for carpark, bellman and front desk, friendly and helpful. Always a pleasant greeting and smile during our two night stay. Service at breakfast and lunch great as was the food. Hotel lobby, pool and outdoor eating area beautiful. Room was fine, as was maid service. Location is terrific right on the beach and close to Lincoln Road shopping area.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I am coming from a tough year and I have made it a point to go to South Beach to Relax.... I was not let down or disappointed in anything while staying there and now I feel amazingly at ease. The Staff was extremely helpful including Fernando and Crispy. It is my wife and I 10th year anniversary and we were given a corner room FREE UPGRADE that had beautiful views of the pool and was very smooth Modern Features. We Loved the pool and the beach and then lounging for an hour in the room before getting ready to go out. Fernando said. "I was thinking about you guys and a place to celebrate your 10 years- Juvia"- We were amazed that the staff had thought of us and made Excellent Recommendations of places to go like Ola' and PubBelly too so we were not stuck on Lincoln Rd as tourists.
Crispy and the Raleigh Staff sent a bottle of Sangiovese to our room to help us celebrate our anniversary on the house which we took to the beach and enjoyed the Sunset Hours on a Life Guard Station- They really made us feel at home there and we did not want to leave.
We had excellent service throughout South Beach and are making the Raleigh our GO TO SPOT for my wife and I to Relax.
Thank you to all the staff at the Raleigh- Sincerely, Matt and Jen Dougherty

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has Ocean View- And if you can a Corner Room- It allows a lot of light!!!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The Raleigh is always my choice to stay in Miami - great pool , good rooms though really I spend so little time in the room but all in all one of my favorite places to stay except that this time there were a few problems... The staff seemed deflated and in a bad mood - not sure if its a mangemnet thing. They were definately short staffed only having one person doing pool service for food and drink, The pool bar was closed, the restaurant service slow. It felt like they were missingbodies. The young lady at poolside did a great job and was cheerful but you could tell she was completely over worked and I was amazed that she kept going during the rush peak times. I felt bad for he having no support. There were ot enoug bar saff in the evening too. My room was also serviced late at 5pm?? It feels like management has cut the staff numbers and are running their current team ragged. Saying all that the service was still very personal and the over worked staff were as always all great and lovely. I would go back but they def neee dto work out some kinks - if my stay next time is the same I may have to consider a new place in Miami which would be very sad indeed

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at The Raleigh four times in the past seven years. We absolutely love the pool area and everyone that works there is soooo friendly. We were walking distance to one of the best restaurants we've ever been to, OLA. The food at The Raleigh is great too - we had two items we've never had before, kobia fish and grilled shishito peppers. Yummy. Our bartender at the patio bar during most of our stay was Louis. He was terrific. He made us a spicy yellow pepper drink that was amazing. And for dessert one night, he made us a chocolate liquor drink with crispy little pieces of chocolate in it. Looking forward to our next stay in a comfy poolside "bed", hanging with Louis, and sampling the great cuisine of Miami.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

The Raleigh is located in a very desirable stretch of Collins Avenue. The hotel has beach front access, which comes with chairs and an umbrella. If you want to really get your money's worth, spend some time at the pool. Poolside drinks are a little expensive, but worth at least one. The hotel martini bar is a nice nightcap. Don't expect a big room, but it is quite clean and comfortable. All in all there is a really timeless feel about this place, with the 50's era photography hanging on the walls and it's art deco design.

You can walk about two blocks to shopping and restaurants at Lincoln Road out door mall. There is also a Wallgreen's close, which is very convenient.

In short, I dream about this place.

• Stayed July 2012
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

With a very nice lush pool and a more sophisticated clientele than you will find at the bigger Miami hotels, the Raleigh never disappoints. You may however be disappointed when you look at your bank balance after a long weekend at this pricey gem! Save for special occasions.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Raleigh? Share your experiences!