“Beautiful Resort - One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Special Offer
DAYS OF SUMMER
Ranked #27 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Tampa Florida
“Beautiful Resort - One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

My husband and I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Fontainebleu for two nights in January 2011. Not only was the hotel beautiful, from the gorgeous crystal chandeliers in the lobby to all the special touches throughout the hotel but the excellent service we received throughout our stay was beyond compare. You can tell that they spared no expense to make this one of the premier hotels in Miami. We had the opportunity to eat in two of their restaurants Haakason and Scarpetta. The food and service were impeccable, and the atmospheres in both were everything that a Miami Resort should be. The servers were great with recommending certain dishes to us and everything was delicious. My favorite was Haakason but both were excellent and I would recommend either very highly. We travel often and have stayed in many resorts I would definitely recommend this resort when staying in the Miami area I know you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
FBGuestRelations, Director of Quality Operations at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
What an inspiring review filled with wonderful compliments. Thank you very much for choosing us and taking the time to share your experience with us.

We sincerely appreciate your comment regarding our service level, and are much pleased that you also fully enjoyed our decor as well as the food quality and service at some of our signature dining venues.

Your loyalty means the world to us. Thank you again for your recent stay. We anxiously await your return visit.

Quality Operations / Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,585)
  • Turkish first
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

I traveled with my husband to Miami a few days prior to his work conference in September. Check-in was a breeze and we were even upgraded to an oceanfront suite. The hotel was clean and everyone seemed courteous (for the most part). The computers in the room were great - nice touch!e

We ate lunch every day at La Cote - everything was great there!! :) We did not try any of the restaurants since we were busy touring south beach most nights.

The bad - My husband and I are pool loungers. The Fountainebleau was not the place for this. With occupancy only at 50%, the only way to get a chair near the pool was to reserve your chair by 8 am. Otherwise you will be stuck with a chair on the lawn (not poolside) or you would have to pay for a sun bed. Also, only half of the chairs near the main pool had sun.

Lucky for us, we are early risers and always had a chair by the pool. The last day a couple next to us slipped the pool guy a bill, and five minutes later the pool guy asked us to move (to shaded chairs next to screaming kids - not thank you). As much as I did not want to move, I did not want to cause a scene either - so we got up and left. We did not like this feeling at all!!

The Fountainbleu defnitely gives the vibe of a money making business, and not a relaxing resort. We did have some good times here, but will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
We sincerely appreciate your stay last September. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

While it is delightful to know that your check-in experience was pleasant, and that you enjoyed the guestroom, dining at La Cote and service provided by the majority of our staff, we are extremely embarrassed to learn about the occurrences in our pool area. Please accept our apology for the incidents that turned what was meant to be a highlight of your stay into an utter disappointment, which clearly left an undesirable impression of our hotel in your memory.

With your permission, we would directly like to make contact with you in the hope of restoring your faith and loyalty. At your convenience, please contact us by e-mail at GuestRelations@fontainebleau.com, or via phone at 305-674-4688 with the reservation name, room number and dates of your stay. We hope to be granted the opportunity to connect with you.

Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

Having visited the Fontainebleau as a child I was excited about bringing in the new year there with my wife and children ages 13 and 10.

Acknowledging the busy season I booked an ocean front room in August of 2010. Upon arrival at the hotel on 12/27/2010 (after confirming the need for two double beds and reservation prior to arrival) you can imagine my distress when I was told that the only ocean front room available (despite my reservation) had one king sized bed in it. To add insult to injury I was advised when attempting to check in (for the 1st time) that the company policy was not to guarantee bed configuration…huh??? Enduring a crying Daughter and disappointed wife and son and attempts by the staff to relocate us to another hotel we were eventually advised that the only option was to settle for a king bed and two twin roll out beds. Not the ideal New Year’s scenario after booking 6 month in advance and driving 800 miles …As you can imagine my kids were less than pleased with the prospect of spending five day and bringing in the New Year while sleeping on a cot bed...

Fortunately the whole ordeal was witnessed by the Night Manager Joshua Jolicoeur (jjolicoeur@fountainbleau.com) and despite an unanswered email to the hotel’s General Manager,, Joshua went the extra mile and eventually worked me and my family into an ocean from room with two beds two days before New Year’s. His efforts salvaged the family vacation and made it one to remember. While the facility was good the service delivery of the Night Management, valet parking and housekeeping team were exceptional. Which is why I look forward to visiting the Fontainebleau on my next family trip to Miami. Thanks again Joshua!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing us for your recent holiday celebration with your family.

We are sincerely grateful for your review and recommendation of our hotel. It is most regrettable that we were initially unable to provide the desired bed type you had requested. It must have been extremely disappointing as described in your comments. While we acknowledge the receipt of specific bed type requests when confirming guestroom reservations and make every possible effort to honor each, the accommodation of such requests is solely based on availability.

Please know that Joshua Jolicoeur of our front office leadership team and our management truly appreciate your kind recognition of his follow-up and commitment to your comfort and satisfaction. We are also pleased to hear that our employees in valet parking and housekeeping made your experience enjoyable.

Along with Joshua, our Guest Relations team would also be delighted to have the opportunity to make your return visit more memorable than ever. For your future stay, please contact us by e-mail at GuestRelations@fontainebleau.com, or via phone at 305-674-4688 with your reservation name. We look forward to hosting you again.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

To begin the fontainebleau is a wonderful and magnificent resort. The staff is extremely friendly and tend to your every need. The lapis spa is incredible and i would recommend it to every person i ever meet. Aside from all the great things everyone knows about the fontainebleau there was on member of the staff named Claude Georges who made my stay even more worth while he is definitely the most professional person i have ever come to meet in all my stays at all the hotels i've ever been to. If you do one thing while staying at the resort it should be looking for Claude because he makes everything posable. I will definitely be back to the fontainebleau.
E.L.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
FBGuestRelations, Director of Quality Operations at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, January 17, 2011
Thank you very much for your recent visit followed by this wonderful review.

All of our team members, not to mention Claude himself, are extremely grateful for your compliments. Please know that every single employee of Fontainebleau is now completely inspired after receiving your most rewarding comments.

Your loyalty is the sole reason for all we do. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

I came to Miami for a weekend business convention, expecting a weekend of drudgery. When I got to the hotel, after a day of work and a long flight, I was greeted by staff that immediately put me in a better mood. They made sure I was satisfied with my room, which was larger than expected and spotless. After a dip in the pool, a walk on the beach and feeling the night breeze, my otherwise nothing day turned into a paradise. The hotel is terrific and the staff gracious and friendly. I will return for a vacation....no work next time.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
FBGuestRelations, Director of Quality Operations at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
We are most thankful for your gracious review and are pleased to know that you were able to enjoy yourself through what might have been a stressful business trip.

Our entire team of over 2,000 employees is truly grateful for your compliments regarding our front desk staff, service quality, guestroom features and other amenities.

We anxiously await your return visit, hopefully for your own leisure next time.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

I traveled for work to attend a business meeting, against my will. When I checked in, after working all day and flying into Miami, I was cranky. The staff at the front desk was so pleasant and genuine that I was cheered up immediately. Then, after I got to my room they called to make sure everything was ok. The room was spotless, large, and an unanticipated luxury. I quickly changed into my bathing suit, jumped into the ocean and then the pool, and then dressed for a work dinner. The hotel, beach, pool and night breeze changed the day from one of drudgery to one of paradise.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

We anxiously await your return visit, hopefully for your own leisure next time.

Oradell, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

Overall, we had a great experience. From Robert at the front desk to the housekeepers, they could not have been more friendly. We stayed in the Chateau with a corner, balcony overlooking the pool and ocean. Scarpetta, as always, was fantastic. iMac in room was great touch. Also, my wife was quite impressed with the fitness center.

I have one complaint, and one observation. I was very disappointed in the lack of a coffee maker in our room. The observation is that the pool gets VERY loud once the music stops; non-stop techno. Of course, maybe I'm just getting old.

Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review following your visit in December.

We are wholeheartedly grateful for your recognition of our team members and compliments regarding the Chateau guestroom you enjoyed, your dining experience at Scarpetta and our gym facilities and services.

We regret that evidently we have not had the chance to inform you of all junior and one-bedroom suites in the Sorrento and Trésor towers equipped with in-room coffee makers. If we may host you again in the future, please allow us to recommend these options that may best suit your personal needs and wishes. We apologize for any disturbance experienced due to some of our pool area entertainment, most likely caused due to the location of the particular guestroom. Again, we would be pleased to offer different accommodation types and locations that are distant from the main pool area without sacrificing views, features, or your comfort.

Thank you for your recent stay. Our entire team sincerely hopes to be chosen again as the destination of your return visits.

Quality Operations / Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!