I had booked this hotel for an upcoming stay in March 2009. After reading several poor reviews I decided to switch hotels. I have now called the hotel 3 times as the 1 night room charge at the time of reservation has yet to be refunded to my cc. I have been cut off twice and spoken to like I was nothing more than a bother to them.
I have just returned from a fantastic 2 week stay at the Four Seasons in Maui - now rated the top hotel in the US for 2 consecutive years by Conde Nast - and have experienced what impeccable service is all about. There is no way on earth I would consider staying at this property.
...and as I was writing this review while on hold with the Fontainebleau yet again, I've once again been cut off. The reservation agent knows my name and number, so how much should I bet that I won't even get a call back?
Unbelievable. And the room rate was $659 / night. Go figure. By the way, my rate at the FS Maui was $640.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Miami
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Amex, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.