“Trendy Luxury Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Parkland FL
“Trendy Luxury Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The Fountainbleu is a trendy upscale hotel, it is common to see all kinds of stars staying at the hotel and the beach. It is not uncommon to see the paparazzi photographers on the beach to realize that there is some pop star or athlete around.
You need to make sure to come to the pool area early since during the summer it is usually very full. There is a second medium size adult pool, this is where many of the private parties are held. There is yet another circular pool with cabanas around it. Cabanas are available for rent, $150 and up for a day.
Service is lacking, I guess it is due to the large amount of people and stars at the hotel. If you have a car at the parking garage make sure to ask for it in advance, on busy days it can take up to 20 minutes to get it.
If you have chance visit LAPIS, the spa. It has a great long pool with whirlpools and a massage table with a very tall shower head, you can lie down and rest while water falls on your back. There is also a large nice steam bath and resting area.
If you are looking for an upscale trendy place in Miami Beach, this is the place to go.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,426)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I checked in very late on a busy Saturday night and my standard room was no longer available so they upgraded to a much nicer room at the same price. Hotel was great, good was excellent and had a really nice time.

• Stayed July 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The pool is soooo amazing and the service is great. My housekeeper yanick helped me a lot. I was under the weather and she took care of me like I was her own. Made sure I had everything I needed and made my stay way more enjoyable . She spoiled me and my husband , I wish I could take her home with me :-). The service at front desk was also amazing. Food is pretty expensive but worth it. If you're thinking of coming to miami, come here!! My room was also very nice and clean. The view it breathless !! Definitely will be coming back all thanks to the sweet lady named yanick and the hospitality given.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cheshire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

As this is a hotel with a higher price point one would expect a higher level of service and attention to detail. Both are lacking in this hotel. We stayed for 2 weeks and during this time were constantly amazed at the poor standard of service. On arrival at the hotel we drive to the entrance where the car door was opened and we were told "only valet parking is available aand it will cost $42 per day" this was before anyone even said hello or welcome. On 7 of the 13 mornings we asked in advance for our car to be brought around the car was not delivered and we ended up waiting for on average 20 minutes. On asking to speak to a manager we were told this wasn't possible! The room was noisy, the beach was so crowded one could not walk between the sun loungers aand ordering drinks took on average half an hour to be delivered. I could go on but my advice would be to look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am so sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with our level of service during your recent stay. Your comments will be reviewed by our team. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.
baltimore, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The place is gorgeous but, the service is lacking. Given the cost, I would expect superior service. For example, I called the day of my check-in asking for an early check-in and was told that housekeeping would be called to give my room priority. I showed up at 2:45 and was told that no priorities would be set until I showed up in person with a credit card. I asked when they thought I could get to my room and was told about an hour and a half. I commented that would be 15 minutes after the normal 4:00 check-in, which was not an early check-in. I gave my cell phone number and was promised they would call me as soon as my room was ready. I NEVER received a call.
Another example is when I called to have my car ready. I called guest services 35 minutes in advance. When I went to get my car, I was told by the valet parking that guest services never contacted them and that they often get complaints about this. So if you are only looking for a luxery hotel, this is the place, but if you want service, you might want to try elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jaipur, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

while enjoying during my stay at hotel In June 4th to june 8th , most of the things were good but after reaching india i was surprise to recive the credit card bill, they have charged around 283 US$ extra on my credit card, as i was having all the bills with me I wrote to them and immediately responded and sending me the amount but question is how can they charge my credit card? just because we have given the details to them, their reply was as you have checkout late , but i have not checkout late, it was around 11.55am or 12 noon. even as per their system if it was late then at the time of checking out the accountant should have pointed out.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I am so glad my husband had a conference at this beautiful property. Being from South Florida, most of us Floridians find Miami frustrating with high prices, and poor service. But, this hotel has truly earned it's legendary status. When my hubby and I arrived, the check in was really packed. So we wandered down the hall to an outdoor kiosk to ask if there were any other registration desks. The gentleman was glad to check us in right there! Not only that, but upgraded our standard room to the Pent House Suite! I cannot tell you how beautiful the view of the ocean on one side and Biscayne Bay on the other side is from our huge balcony. I feel so lucky!! Also, we've dined at three of the restaurants which have been quite enjoyable. I was fortunate enough to use the fantastic gym facilities--HUGE with every piece of equipment you can think of using in your workout. Finally, my spa treatments were some of the most relaxing and well done services I've experienced at a hotel spa. The spa is 44000 sq ft, with separate male and female wet areas, as well as, coed facilities. The place is pretty amazing--and the individuals who worked in the spa were welcoming and promoted a clean and relaxing experience. The lobby bar is expensive but really fun...with great people watching and a DJ. It's a little annoying seeing people bringing their very sleepy 2 year olds down to the lobby bar at midnight--but it's Miami...you gotta expect all types of folks! I am definitely grateful for my time at this hip and exciting hotel!

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!