“Great place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Fontainebleau Miami Beach to your Saves list
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   4441 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #30 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Cheseaux-sur-Lausanne, Switzerland
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed here for five nights with my wife on our holiday to Miami in December 2013, and had a very enjoyable stay.

First things first, the hotel complex is absolutely massive. There are various different towers, a couple of pools, beach access, various restaurants, fitness center, clubs, etc. In short: there is always a lot going on here.

1) Rooms
Our room was unfortunately not ocean-view, as there were none available. Nevertheless, the room was spacious and modern, with a lovely bathroom and shower, and a comfortable bed with pillow selection. The rooms were always cleaned well and there was really nothing to complain about. The iMac and wifi worked well also.

2) The Pool/Beach
The pool area was well-maintained, and staff were always on hand to provide information and assist with any requirements, including for food and drinks. Towels were immediately provided, and loungers organized for us.

Our visit to the beach heralded the same results. We were immediately provided with towels and given the option of simple loungers, or a more luxurious canopy. Food and drinks were provided, and of a high standard.

3) Hakkasan
We came here for my birthday dinner, and were very happy with both the service and the quality of the meal. Having visited Hakkasan and HKK in London previously, I was glad to see that this outlet of the brand represented a fair image of the quality and service expected by its patrons. Staff were helpful and eager to give advice on the menu and accompanying beverages and condiments.

Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The only real negatives I would point out are the extortionate parking fees, and the sometimes slow elevators. I would definitely stay here again, but would point out that the hotel is mainly targeted towards a younger audience (21-40), with poolside DJs, and a lot of nightlife in and around the establishment. Otherwise, perfect distance from the hustle and bustle of SoBe, and a short cab ride from the main attractions in Miami.

Room Tip: Get an oceanview room high up - it's definitely worth it!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

5,604 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,221)
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

A few of my friends and I stayed at the Fountainebleau for the first time a few weeks ago. The experience was amazing to say the least.

The hotel itself is great. It has a resort-type vibe which makes it perfect for those trying to have a peaceful vacation and not leave the area, but is also just close enough to all of the action for those looking to explore (best of both worlds). I feel as though this place can really accommodate anyone; from families, to friends, to couples. The pool area set up is great. There are so many pools to choose from and also a private "kiddie pool" area. All of the restaurants were phenomenal; I was not one bit disappointed! Vida's breakfast/brunch is amazing and we had the privilege of having Jaime has our server (he was great). The rooms are nice; clean, comfy, etc. Bleau bar in the lobby is fab; classy and a great vibe. Club LIV is also located in the Fountainebleau which makes for a convenient night out.

Last but certainly not least, I have to comment on the outstanding customer service I received on my stay. The manager, Andy, was so helpful throughout our stay from start to finish and made us feel right at home.

I was so pleased with this place and I can't wait to be back in just another month! :)

Room Tip: I'd recommend getting a balcony. Nothing better than amazing views :)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Pembroke Pines, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Fontainelovebleau!! The minute I stepped out my car and was greeted by a young gentlemen named Rudy who greeted me with a huge smile and warm welcoming and made the normal awkward valet service feel as if I was handing off my car to a family member, which is great since I usually always remember the first impression of the company. After that I went to HAKKASAN which was greeted by more amazing fountainbleau staff. now the food completely elevated the night to amazing to supercalifragilisticexpialidocious from the Jasmine tea smoked ribs to the amazing Summer Solstice cocktail and of course the restaurant was stunning as well as the property as a whole!!! summary of the night from the time I was greeted to the time I loved everything but the bill was amazing but it was worth the great service keep it up guys see you soon fontaunebleau

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

This is our first time staying at the Fontainebleau, but I can say this is perhaps the best hotel on Collins Ave, in Miami. The customer service is outstanding. Ligia E at the front desk made us feel like VIP. She was extremely polite, helpful and friendly. Her customer service alone will have us coming back to the Fontainebleau. She called our room after we checked in to check on us and gave us helpful tips about our reservation and the hotel. Her customer service is exemplary and I am glad I stayed here.
The beds are very comfortable, the rooms are very nice and the hotel has 11 pools and some great restaurants. Micheal Mina 72 is a restaurant in the hotel that has one of the best steak burgers I've ever had, you have to try it! You won't be disappointed by the Fontainebleau.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Elmont, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for a three day weekend conference. One of the more memorable staff was a member of room service in the Chateau building. As soon as I arrived on my floor I was greeted by Yanick, from housekeeping, who was tending to a room across from mine. She politely said if I needed anything at all to come to her. I saw her one last time before officially checking out from my room and she was there to see me off. A very sweet and inviting woman. Look for her whenever you go! Overall, a great experience! Beautiful and modern hotel! Quick access to the beach and great views of the Bay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Lake Placid, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

This beautiful hotel and surrounding property is amazing with several pools and a gorgeous oceanfront. We had a large suite with a view of the ocean and city. We liked this location because it was near enough for the fun at the main hotel but quiet at night. The restaurants have delicious food and there is something for everyone from casual outdoor dining to over the top expensive. But what really stands out is the excellent customer service by the entire staff. There is no stuffiness but a sincere desire to make your stay perfect. Everyone we met was pleasant and professional. One of our favorite employees was Bruno Reyes who worked the beach area. He was so welcoming and made us feel really appreciated. One area where the hotel can improve is its variety of water activities. As an avid kayak and paddle board enthusiast I would have really enjoyed having the opportunity to rent a kayak or paddle board and enjoy the local waters across the street from the hotel or the ocean.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room try the suites away from the main building.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Palos Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed at the hotel in early September 2013 for a long weekend. Our suite, and the entire property and staff were beyond our expectations. It's absolutely beautiful! Most rooms have a great pool or ocean view (if requested), were appointed with all the comforts of home & immaculately clean.
The food here is exceptional whether we ate at the steakhouse or grabbed a quick poolside lunch. There was plenty of nightclub and bar fun to be had, and the hotel is just a short drive from all the South Beach activities (about 10 minutes). We definitely will return. It was one of the most romantic trips we've taken!

Room Tip: The suites on the top floor are a value for their view and size. Plus the room amenities were five...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!