This is a beautiful hotel with great pools and beaches so I want to start with the positive features.
* Joel took care of us by the pool each day that we were there and I can't compliment him enough! He was so attentive to every detail. One in our group had surgery on her knee just the week before the trip and Joel made sure she was comfortable at all times. He brought her the chair she needed, got a wheelchair for her and made sure to keep moving the umbrella as the sun moved. Simply the best!
*. Charlie is a bartender at the bar by the adult pool and he was definitely our go to for cocktails. We rented beds by the pool each day and we're supposed to have a server.......but the servers were so slow and it would take 20-30 minutes for them to return with our orders so instead of waiting we decided to go straight to the bar and see Charlie. He is fun and very attentive and makes phenomenal cocktails, always suggesting fun drink options!
*. Our room was great, we stayed in the Sorrento tower. The balcony was huge and the beds were super comfy. We had our own Mac computer with complimentary internet, a kitchenette, a bedroom with 2 queen beds and a living area with a pull out sleeper. It was absolutely perfect!
*. The security staff is great. They are everywhere, checking room keys to make sure that you are a guest of the hotel before you go to the pool or beach (I personally think this is a great idea, just make sure to always have your room key on you). They are very friendly and will take the time to explain the resort to you and show you where you need to go. The resort is extremely large and it is very easy to get lost!
*. So expensive!!! Drinks will run you $15-$20 on average. Dinner for 4 ladies at Cote on the resort with 1 appetizer, 3 cocktails, 1 coffee, 2 entrees and 2 salads was $234! And know that gratuity will automatically be added to your bill everywhere on the resort which I found out is standard for all of Miami. But no one tells you upfront! Hate that, I tip very well but I don't want to feel like I am being scammed!
* food and drink service is HORRIBLE!!! I found that service truly sucks everywhere in Miami, including Fountainebleau. Whether it was poolside (where we rented beds at the low price of $200 during the week and $321 on Friday) at cote by the beach, the service was ridiculous. We would order drinks and it would take literally 30 minutes for the server to get back with them even during the week when the resort was not that busy! At Cote on A Thursday I stood by the bar to attempt to get a drink. There were 3 people behind the bar and 6 customers sitting at the bar. All 3 workers were huddled together talking after looking at my watch and realizing that 5 minutes had gone by and they hadn't moved I decided to give up and walk over to Charlie's bar by the adult pool. Our waiter at Cote was also horrible. He rarely stopped by the table and when we asked for the check it took almost 20 minutes for him to return with it, mind you the restaurant was mostly empty at the time. Now poolside service was by far the worst. Again, we rented the large round beds for the day and the 1st day which was a Wednesday......not busy.....our server was never around. We asked for more pillows and towels for our bed and he never returned with them. We asked another worker and again no luck. Finally, Joel came thru for us when we met him, but that was 4 hours into our day! So crazy! We saw our server 4 times in the 6 hours that we were at the pool that day! Not acceptable in my eyes, they should reconsider the auto gratuity because it clearly results in poor service!
Even tho the food and beverage service was grossly horrible, the rest of the staff was very friendly and helpful. IF I return to Miami, I would definitely stay here again but I would be smarter about it. I would utilize the kitchenette in the room instead of the resort restaurants and hit the poolside bars instead of waiting on servers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Miami
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Amex, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.