“#GOTTA LOVE FB” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Fontainebleau Miami Beach to your Saves list
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   4441 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #30 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“#GOTTA LOVE FB”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We are getting married at FB....nuff said ;-) GOTTA LOVE FB!!! Galmorous, GREAT restaurants, Great club LIV, GREAT location, FABULOUS pools.....I heart FB!:-) Such a beautiful hotel with so much vintage glam history! Sinatra, Marylin, they all stayed here and now so are we!!! :-)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am so happy to hear that you are getting married here. We appreciate your kind words and can not wait for your return!

4,981 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,083)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We just checked in today and have had impeccable service! Cesar, director of the front desk, has taken great care of us! It's my friend's birthday and he has been very helpful. I lost my flip flops and he went and found me a pair in my size and found us by the pool to deliver them! 4 star hotel...5 star service! Highly recommend this place! Mucho Bueno!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking a moment to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am delighted to hear that your friends birthday celebration was a success. Cesar will certainly be recognized for his amazing service. We appreciate your recommendations and welcome you back!
Rochelle, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was staying at this hotel for a conference and I was a little reluctant because of the price. But the rooms are worth what you're paying for. The lady at the check in was not very friendly but she gave us a corner suite at the Sorrento tower. It had a beautiful bedroom a huge all marble bathroom a living room dining room and a full kitchen. Even had a second half bath and a washer dryer. But the best part of this room was the wrap around balcony with direct ocean views and on the side we could see the whole resort. because I was at the conference I didn't eat at the hotel I had the food that was provided with the conference which was very good. My husband went to Walgreens and bought some orange juice and a few pastries for breakfast since we had the kitchen. But I hear that the restaurants at this hotel are rather expensive. The polls are beautiful there are lots of chairs to sit on there is water everywhere that you can drink and a lot of variety for you to enjoy the Sun. If you want to you can also sit on chairs on the beach and there's a fee for that or if you paid the resort fee that would be included. The guys at the beach were absolutely amazing shout out to Scott who took care of us. The beach staff was by far the most friendly employees we encountered the whole time we were there. The location is good if you're looking for a quiet vacation. there are only a couple hotels nearby and not really a lot of choices of restaurants. So you either have to drive or walk or take a bus or cab to somewhere else. About 6 blocks away there's a little Cuban cafe and the food was okay but to get to South Beach you have to go to about 15 Street which is quite far from the 44th Street Street location. Overall I would highly recommend this resort for somebody who's looking for a quiet vacation and just sitting on the beach or for somebody who's looking to be near all the action but get away from it in the evening. I don't usually like staying a big resort but this resort really felt more like going to my own apartment.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay at Fontainebleau Miami Beach. It is a great pleasure to receive such lovely comments from a senior contributor like yourself. Scott will certainly be recognized for his amazing service. We look forward to having you back.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

my stay at the hotel was great. the pool area is fantastic with bars, restaurants, and plenty of seating. the kids pool was nicely separated from the adult pool area, but still nearby. the resort fee is a reasonable $20 considering it covers beach chairs, wifi, the mac in your room, and gym use. the gym is large and always had equipment available (free weights, cardio, weird trazer stuff). our studio room was well sized with a terrace and view of the beach. the restaurants are all in line with resort prices $$$. the staff at Gotham was fantastic and prompt. come to think of it, almost all staff were friendly, hospitable, and remembered us wherever we went.

the only disappointing experience was when we arrived, there was a ring of hair around the shower drain, and one night one of our toiletries went missing (probably thrown away). when we called housekeeping to get a replacement, the operator was unhelpful because "VIP services and the store were already closed". the housekeeping manager said he would send a replacement, but it never came.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking a moment to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am happy to hear that most of our team members exceeded your expectations. I apologize for your troubles with housekeeping. We look forward to having you back!
Clemmons
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Housekeeping did poor job. Just laid towels on laundry basket, did not restock items in room like towels and dishes and called once and never heard back. I did not want to pay for missing items so called again and got rude lady in housekeeping telling me to look in dishwasher and I told the room did not even have one.. Told her normally there were six to ten glasses and that day dirty ones were gone and only two in room. She said so you do have glasses, what is the problem? Could not understand my concern over being charged for items not there. After speaking to her supervisor we were restocked next day and not charged for items. At over $350 per night should not have to deal with sorry service.

Also made reservations over eight months ago for conference with my business partner and when we check in we were told our group had been up graded to Tresor tower and we would have one king bed. I told front desk person we needed two beds and he said none were available. Really?
A hotel that big and not one room with two beds? Plus tower was furthest one from conference center.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied during your stay. Your comments will be reviewed by our team. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Several good things about Fountainbleau:

-Beautiful property - best part of hotel! Grounds were immaculate, and beach area was very relaxing
- Location in Miami Beach was OK - but not not designed/located to go explore other areas.
- I was in a junior suite, and room was still smaller than most standard hotel rooms - but well apportioned. Beds were excellent, as one might expect from top-end hotel.
- Food was excellent. Wife who is celiac attended. For buffets, they had cards on every item that detailed common allergens. For sit-down meals, chef came out to specifically talk w/ my wife. Couldn't have handled better and put her at ease for the trip.
- Staff was inconsistent - Had to check-in twice - first at a smaller desk; she was very helpful, but couldn't give keys. Had to go to main desk when room was ready, and staff looked harried and frazzeled and it showed in our conversations, and other attendees I talked to. I put that on management: Large conventions are not unusual - should have sufficient staff/communication so staff can handle in a top notch way. Unrelated to convention: Beach porters were very helpful / proactive. Front door porters looked miffed when I told him I would carry my own bags.

Conclusion - would not stay here on our own as it is not our type of property - too "all-inclusive" / "fancy" But for those who like that kind of thing (and will to pay $$$) it would be a great option

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am so happy to hear that your wife was satisfied with our team members in their effort to accommodating her food specifications. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future!
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay in a 1 BR Ste. w/2 full baths in the Tressor tower. The decor is light, bright, comfortable & contemporary. I appreciated the complementary iMac & wifi. The hotel is near a fire station so the 23rd floor balcony is a tad too noisy to really enjoy at times. The views where great. We never made use of the kitchen because we where not aware we would have one. It had a full stove, fridge, microwave, sink, granite, nice bar stools. The resort is huge and took some time to figure out. The many pools and beach are nice. Security is super thorough so access back from the beach can be tedious. Gotham Steak House was excellent. The catering service in the function hall was a "B" which was a let down after Gotham Steak. The hotel brunch was very good. The Gym is decent. A lot of guests where using the trainers who seemed very good. The hourly training rate isn't bad for a luxury hotel. The spa was very nice, I only used nail service but will definitely use it moore if we go back. The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is housekeeping. They clean well but couldn't fathom desire for privacy and finish up SLOWLY when you return to your room and they are cleaning. Drinks are outrageously expensive, be prepared.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay at Fontainebleau Miami Beach. It is a great pleasure to receive such lovely comments from a senior contributor like yourself. We look forward to having you back!

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!