“Great but a bit lacking something?” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
FOREVER FONTAINEBLEAU
Ranked #32 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Great but a bit lacking something?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed late July 2013.
This is a massive hotel - and by most standards pretty expensive, from the water in the room to most everything else.
That aside - we had a great room facing the ocean, good size - nice touches and well equipped with internet, Apple imac etc
It's a big hotel - or did I already say that? lol
For everything I read beforehand, every photo I saw - it just lacks something. I think maybe just some soul, staff that seem to care more. Valet here and the driveway is not good.

I guess to summarise we thought it would be wow - but it was ok. It was an expensive ok with no lasting memory unfortunately. Can't even explain why - just no personality or something?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am saddened to learn that you were not completely satisfied during your stay. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,429)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. I've stayed at many hotels before in Miami, but this is definitely the place to be when you are looking for a good hotel/ resort. The staff was really friendly and helpful from the minute I arrived . The service was really good overall, and I would like to thank Ramonis Campelo, who provided such great service, and helped make my stay a pleasant one. I will definitely be returning! John C.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking a moment to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. Ramonis will certainly be recognized for providing amazing service. We hope to see you soon!
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have never been to a hotel in the US that has the feel of being in the Carribean. The white sand, palm trees and turquoise water set the scene. I highly recommend a room with a balcony. We upgraded to an ocean front room which allowed us to take some amazing sunrise photos. The food in all of the restaurants was great. The staff very friendly. The selection of pools and cabanas is unlike any resort I have been to. The rooms were extremely clean. The hotel has great history, so the rooms are not spectacular like you would find in modern Vegas hotels. They are pretty standard, nice size but we had a nice sized bathroom with oversized shower and a tub. All was immaculate. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. If you have a handicapped wheelchair bound person, they have a small pool with an access chair! The food is expensive. And while there were kids there, it has more of an adult atmosphere. The LIV club was just ok, the dancefloor is not that big. The concierge tried to steer us away from Ocean Dr in South Beach restaurants by saying they are pricey. However I highly recommend going there for the history and the food is always good. Nice gift stores there too. I look forward to returning to the Fountainebleau someday soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner ocean front room or at least a balcony. There are not many available.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay at Fontainebleau Miami Beach. We appreciate your kind comments and can not wait to have you back!
Ottawa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I am used to nice resorts / hotels. I was looking forward to staying here instead of Delano or the Ritz in Miami.
When I arrived, I was excited by the action and choices I had re restaurants, pools etc..
Went to beach and ordered lunch, took the server 45 min to bring us some bottled water! Did she forget it was 85 degrees outside?! Our basic salads took an hour ...
That night, we were woken up by rowdy people in the halls, slamming doors from 3- 5am ... Therefore no sleep. That morning went to the Solo cafe for coffee/snacks and it took them 10 min to give me the juice and coffee I ordered and it was not that busy; the line up was out the door and people were cursing under their breaths. They were in slow motion and didn't care.
Sad to say that I will never stay there again.
The property is gorgeous but service stinks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the service you received. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

First 4 days were my first vacation in more than 6 years. Last 3 days were a conference. Great place! A resort to kill all resorts.
The beach and the service on the beach were awesome. The service around the pool was fantastic as well. the friendly faces and helpfulness of the staff was fantastic. $5 cup of coffee in the morning...not so good.
This is a great place to stay. I will tell you that food and beverage are a bit overpriced!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am so happy to hear that you were able to experience both our leisure and convention space. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to having you back!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My room porter's name is ANICIA. She was meticulous in cleaning my room and taking exceptional care of me during my recent stay at the Chateau Tower. She was just lovely and made me smile everyday! She truly cared about me and my stay. Please give her my message with a big raise. She is Worthy!! I'll be back soon for another trip for sure!!
THANKS - ANICIA!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to recognize Anicia of Fontainebleau Miami Beach. She will certainly be recognized for her amazing service. We remain at your service and welcome you back!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Disappointing to say the very least. We flew in and were only there for one night, we came in for an event held at LIV nightclub in the hotel. It took RIDICULOUSLY long to check in making part of our group miss the beginning portion of the event. It took them THREE hours to get us our luggage after we checked in, and that was only after we called numerous times and were even told it had been delivered!!! How do you loose 6 large suitcases??? Pool was closed so we were unable to use the pool that evening and the restaurants were closed by the time the event was over so we had NO WHERE to eat/drink/relax except in the main bar in the lobby where a drink will cost you 22.00. We had to take a taxi to find some food. Felt the customer service was less than average. We expected WAY more from this famous hotel. We would NEVER EVER recommend staying here!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay with us. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!