“Great stay overall” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Fontainebleau Miami Beach to your Saves list
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   4441 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
FALL FOR BLEAU
Ranked #30 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Canada
“Great stay overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here for my friend's bachelorette for three nights. Check-in was quick, we were able to check-in a couple hours early and were upgraded to an oceanview room without even having to ask. I LOVED our room! While the view was the selling point, I appreciated having free wifi, a mac computer, a safe, comfortable beds and a bar area. However, I wished there was extra space in the mini fridge to place our own drinks/snacks. While there was a pool party that weekend at the resort, we opted not to spend the extra $200/person and spent most of the time at the beach. We had an amazing time there. Loved how the resort had its own dedicated beach. The beach staff were friendly and they set up our beach chairs/towels each time with not much of a wait. We also went to LIV our first night, which was a pretty nice. We purchased these tickets online in advance. Under the advice of other reviewers (thanks btw!), we purchased alcohol at Prime liquor (<10 min walk from hotel), as bottle service at the hotel was around $400.

Also as mentioned by other reviewers, the restaurants/food places here are really expensive. While other reviewers recommended cheaper food establishments ~10-15 min walk away, we ended up eating at the resort for convenience unless we took a cab further away. We ate at La Cote (average meal came up to $30), Fresh (yogurt parfait and coffee was around $15) and Gotham steak (entree alone came up to $50). I really enjoyed my salmon dish there. We also ordered room service a couple times, which was delivered in a timely manner. Overall, the staff were really friendly and attentive; there was probably one front desk staff member we encountered over the phone who was slightly less than friendly but it didn't ruin our great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. It is great to hear that you had a smooth check in and an upgrade. I am happy to hear our staff and service exceeded your expectations. We welcome you back for another great stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,352)
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Fontainebleau is quite a scene. From the moment I arrived with my girlfriends 3 hours late on a Wednesday night (around midnight) through Sunday the party was happening. We could barely get through the lobby upon arrival because of all the people waiting to get into Liv and Arkadia nightclubs. I have to say I was disappointed that no one helped us with our luggage or pointed us in the direction of the check in. Then once we asked and subsequently found the front desk we were (not) greeted by a young woman at the front desk. She basically only asked me for my credit card and whether I wanted daily cleaning or not and sent us up to the room.

We were staying in the owner's section of the hotel which was very nice and quiet. The hotel is slightly older than I had expected but well maintained. We were staying there the weekend of Amare Stoudemire's wedding and the I heart radio festival so the crowd was younger (I suppose). Definitely a young and hip place. No need to leave the premises.

A few things to note:
1. Drinks are expensive (a small vodka drink at the pool-Pink Bikini-was excellent) - $15. Champs at the lobby bar $25.
2. Food is expensive. We ate at Fresh which also services the pool area. Not a long wait, cheaper good food-salads, sandwiches. Then spent more time eating off premises.
3. There is music at the pool. Not too loud, except on Saturday where it (the bass) was so unbearable we had to go to the beach. Not sure if this was because of the i heart radio festival or if this is typical for a Sat.
4. Pool was crowded, but manageable every day except Saturday. We had a lounge chair every day and didn't get to the pool until 11 (remember Miami parties into the early morning 4-5am).
5. Beach was awesome.
6. Staff was awesome. Very attentive at the pool...set up your chair, asked for your drink/food order. A little less at the beach...definitely not as much staff down there. I did love that they set up my chair!

Overall, a great place to stay. I can't imagine staying anywhere else. So much going on and definitely the place to be!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am sorry to hear that your arrival was during a busy time. I am delighted that we will be your one stop while visiting Miami Beach. We remain at your service and can not wait to have you back!
Smithtown, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Attention to the Manager/Managers of the pool area: Just returned from our 5th yearly trip, same week every year..1st year service not so good, heard there was a shake up and most crew fired, excellent idea because the following 3 yrs the service was suberb, so much so I wrote a glowing review last year spotlighting the pool staff especially John Paul (who i saw this year got a well deserved promotion)and Roberto (who was hidden in the far pool area the entire 9 days were were there) they should be examples of how the pool area should be worked, with the exception of Johan (the lighter skin one) and Martina (our server for a day) the service by the pool area was minimial, and I was seated on a opium bed the entirity my stay so I had a birds eye view of the reason why, FRATERNIZATION, yes way way way too much socializing among the staff, I even saw kissing on the lips by staff members to others, too inappropiate for an establishment of this kind, or for that matter any business..One time it took us 45 mins to get a drink & sandwich delivered and i glanced accross the pool & saw 3 servers congrugated around the water cooler for what i timed to be 30mins..yes it was obvious you were short staffed, other repeaters, noticed and commented, but because so the servers who were there should have been working not socializing for so long, so often and so obviously, it highly effected the service at the pool area, so much so that i doubt there will be a 6th return..sorry to say..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I apologize for the poor service you received by the pool. We value you and your family as loyal guests of our resort. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Hotel room I stayed in had everything from a Macintosh available for use to a tv in the bathroom. The marble walls with a tile base in the shower looked new, the words that were hung up as art were amusing, the HDTV was perfect, the refrigerator and snack areas were well stocked for the person flying into Miami, the beds and everywhere a guest would actually touch or want to look at were perfect. Just looking out to see the view of the river and dock turned out to be fun as a large group of bicyclists, fiat cars driving on the river, etc flew by at various times. I see some of these ratings and I can see how a person that goes out of their way to find some remote area nobody usually touches or looks at(like the lights above the shower, behind lights that are mounted on a wall, etc) with a little dust might bug out if they got a room in peak season when all rooms are full occupancy and a lot of major events are going on, but we were all there to have fun at a 2 day concert with very popular artists in a package I just lucked out on in getting through Fiat. Security checked out bags at the concert if they were not see through(I guess to make sure there were no threats as well, but it was a little better than than airport is.). There are plenty of tourist transportation options whether one wants to rent a car, use a zip car, catch a bus, call a taxi, use a SWOOP or freebie mobile, or use a shuttle The concierge services are there for arranging everything from babysitting to arranging a boat rental. One would have to go to their website to see the list of the long list of amenities as I know I was only there for 2 days and am sure I have left out plenty of details. I didn't bring any pets, but the hotel has services even for the pets. The pools seemed more like a maze when I was at the Ultimate Pool Party and it was an adventure when security told me to go a different direction just to get back to my room. The beach was cleaned of excess debris early in the morning to give the sand and finely broken shells a great feel under one's feet. The amenities were spotless and all aspects of service were well stocked and readily available. The service was fast and friendly and the food was perfect when we ate at the Hakkasan though one of the people that came with me complained about there not being enough food for what I thought to be a great price for a 4 star restaurant. I did notice Pharrell and Robin Thicke are going to be at the Hotel on September 1 too for those that missed out on the Ultimate Pool Party.

Room Tip: It was my first time there, but it was quiet of the 11th floor where I stayed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed everything we have to offer. We appreciate your gracious comments and welcome you back!
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Well, today in the morning at 11 am I called Guest services and asked to have the internet repaired. Now, it's 10 pm and no internet access yet in my i pad.....I need to make an urgent skype with someone in Africa and guess what - I will miss it - a certain guy called Kurby ( who is really not in a hurry to help me ) is iconic of a Hotel that just cares about big tips, high floor guests, well known people, etc..... Not just an ordinary person staying at the 6th floor...that's life, awful experience !!!! Don't let the nice pools distract you, this Hotel needs a lot of improvements in order to justify the price and the Attitude.... By the way, there is a huge noise outside my room, just because they placed the air conditioning machines outside, very close to my window ( in spite of being an ocean view !!! ) and of course they saved some money in the " noise proof glasses".....so, another poor sleep night awaits for me tonight. Let's see how they treat me tomorrow.......

Room Tip: Don't be trapped and come to low floors, this hotel was poorly design and engineered.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I apologize for your troubles with wifi. Your comments with be shared with our team in an effort to better our guests experience. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Morris Plains, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have never stayed at such a nice resort before. The restaurants are amazing here and the staff are all so friendly. They all would greet me and say good morning. The best guy was Michael Sapienza, one of the beach staff who brought me and my girlfriends to our chairs and set everything up. He was super friendly and helpful, and we really enjoyed our time on the beach. The other staff were also very nice, and Diego got us great drinks on the beach!

Room Tip: There are water stations by the pool that have fresh fruit in them. Definitely bring a cup of water...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. Michael Sapeinza and Diego will certainly be recognized for their amazing service. We welcome you back to create many more great memories!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I was expecting the best of the best considerin the price and although it was good, it didnt amaze me. Having stayed at the bellagio a week earlier- it trumped this in my opinion.
The resort fee is ridiculous (almost $20 a night) considering what you pay to stay initially. All the restaurants within the hotel are nice but fairy pricey. Pool is gorgeous but you have to get there super early to get a good seat and the really good lounges etc are of course reserved for people willing to fork out more money for them. Seats on the beach are free but an umbrella will cost you $25 for the day. Just felt like I had spent so much on the hotel- and then didnt have the budget to actually enjoy myself while I was there. The rooms were nice but the decor didnt blow my mind like the bellagio. Staff not as friendly as other hotels either. All in all a good stay, just a bit of a let down in some aspects.

Thank you for taking a moment to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am sorry to hear that we you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!