The Fontainebleau is quite a scene. From the moment I arrived with my girlfriends 3 hours late on a Wednesday night (around midnight) through Sunday the party was happening. We could barely get through the lobby upon arrival because of all the people waiting to get into Liv and Arkadia nightclubs. I have to say I was disappointed that no one helped us with our luggage or pointed us in the direction of the check in. Then once we asked and subsequently found the front desk we were (not) greeted by a young woman at the front desk. She basically only asked me for my credit card and whether I wanted daily cleaning or not and sent us up to the room.
We were staying in the owner's section of the hotel which was very nice and quiet. The hotel is slightly older than I had expected but well maintained. We were staying there the weekend of Amare Stoudemire's wedding and the I heart radio festival so the crowd was younger (I suppose). Definitely a young and hip place. No need to leave the premises.
A few things to note:
1. Drinks are expensive (a small vodka drink at the pool-Pink Bikini-was excellent) - $15. Champs at the lobby bar $25.
2. Food is expensive. We ate at Fresh which also services the pool area. Not a long wait, cheaper good food-salads, sandwiches. Then spent more time eating off premises.
3. There is music at the pool. Not too loud, except on Saturday where it (the bass) was so unbearable we had to go to the beach. Not sure if this was because of the i heart radio festival or if this is typical for a Sat.
4. Pool was crowded, but manageable every day except Saturday. We had a lounge chair every day and didn't get to the pool until 11 (remember Miami parties into the early morning 4-5am).
5. Beach was awesome.
6. Staff was awesome. Very attentive at the pool...set up your chair, asked for your drink/food order. A little less at the beach...definitely not as much staff down there. I did love that they set up my chair!
Overall, a great place to stay. I can't imagine staying anywhere else. So much going on and definitely the place to be!!
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Miami
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Travelocity, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Olotels, HotelTravel.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.