The Fontainebleau is quite a scene. From the moment I arrived with my girlfriends 3 hours late on a Wednesday night (around midnight) through Sunday the party was happening. We could barely get through the lobby upon arrival because of all the people waiting to get into Liv and Arkadia nightclubs. I have to say I was disappointed that no one helped us with our luggage or pointed us in the direction of the check in. Then once we asked and subsequently found the front desk we were (not) greeted by a young woman at the front desk. She basically only asked me for my credit card and whether I wanted daily cleaning or not and sent us up to the room.
We were staying in the owner's section of the hotel which was very nice and quiet. The hotel is slightly older than I had expected but well maintained. We were staying there the weekend of Amare Stoudemire's wedding and the I heart radio festival so the crowd was younger (I suppose). Definitely a young and hip place. No need to leave the premises.
A few things to note:
1. Drinks are expensive (a small vodka drink at the pool-Pink Bikini-was excellent) - $15. Champs at the lobby bar $25.
2. Food is expensive. We ate at Fresh which also services the pool area. Not a long wait, cheaper good food-salads, sandwiches. Then spent more time eating off premises.
3. There is music at the pool. Not too loud, except on Saturday where it (the bass) was so unbearable we had to go to the beach. Not sure if this was because of the i heart radio festival or if this is typical for a Sat.
4. Pool was crowded, but manageable every day except Saturday. We had a lounge chair every day and didn't get to the pool until 11 (remember Miami parties into the early morning 4-5am).
5. Beach was awesome.
6. Staff was awesome. Very attentive at the pool...set up your chair, asked for your drink/food order. A little less at the beach...definitely not as much staff down there. I did love that they set up my chair!
Overall, a great place to stay. I can't imagine staying anywhere else. So much going on and definitely the place to be!!
You have no recent hotel searches.