“Nice accomodations, great bar and restaurants” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FOREVER FONTAINEBLEAU
Ranked #25 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Portland, Oregon
“Nice accomodations, great bar and restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stay at the Fontainebleau every year. The hotel is updated, and the rooms are very good. There is a MAC with supposed internet access in every room. However, my MAC would not connect. Guest services said to reboot the machine, but didn't work. No problem, since I had a laptop with 24 hr of free wifi access via hotel. Food is very good, and lobby bar is great. After 10pm, the bar just gets louder and louder, and more and more crowded. Great for people watching.

If you don't have a car, the shopping districts can be reached by taxi or bus. No good shopping within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for being a loyal guest and sharing your experience during your recent stay at Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I apologize for your troubles with the in room Mac. We look forward to your annual visit next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,473)
  • Turkish first
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here for free in the sense that I was there for a work convention. Even still I wasn't super impressed. I agree with the reviewer who gave it 2 stars on May 7th (forget his/her name). Anyway, if you like a large, very expensive, impersonal hotel with a million people, you'll be ok. It is far from South Beach which I didn't like. The boardwalk along the ocean was nice. The pools were ok. Restaurants very expensive. The hotel was oversold every night so I think employees were stressed a bit and, to repeat, it was packed especially the lobby area on Fri/Sat nights. Just not my type of hotel.

Room Tip: One tower is full of suites - go there. The regular rooms in the part of the hotel near the lobby we...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience during your convention at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations!
Lawrence, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

renting the bed at the pool was the best part of my trip.
dan bondy and rich torres who ran the pool are just professional and nice and make sure all goes smooth.
Jefferson - who helps set up the bed and take care of us was amazing.
this guy helped from every angle. this was our 2nd trip trip this year so far.
a great place to be

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for being a loyal guest and taking the time to recognize Fontainebleau Miami Beach team members. Dan Bondy, Rich Torres and Jefferson will certainly be recognized for their excellent service. We look forward to your next visit!
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I am surprised there are any poor reviews on this place. I have also stayed at the Trump Resort in Miami and this place blows it out of the water. It has a wow factor to it from the moment you walk in, the grounds are beautiful and the rooms are great (I think people spend too much time picking at rooms when you barely spend any time there). We had an oceanview and spending some time at night on the balcony with a glass of wine was perfect. We barely felt we had to leave the resort! The food was good (yes a bit expensive but I never felt it wasn't worth it). We went to the club inside, and its the place to be seen! If you are going to Miami and want a real vacation feel, choose this resort!!!!!

Room Tip: oceanview balcony all the way!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing such kind comments about the Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am pleased to learn that we were able to give a one of a kind experience! We welcome you back to create many more great memories!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This was our second visit to Fontainebleau, first was for business, second for family. The resort is top notch and I must say I am a woman that is hard to please. The pools are awesome and my daughter had a blast in the kiddie pool.....the water slide is fun. The only annoyance we had was the lack of pool staff on two of the days we stayed. There was no one around that assisted with towels, etc. Also, upon our arrival on a Saturday early evening, we wanted to jump in the pool and an elderly staff member kicked us out and would not let our daughter in the pool. Another staff member sarcastically told us that it was the law in Florida that they could not keep the pools open for 24 hrs. Our 6 year old wasn't asking for an all nighter, only a quick swim after traveling. There was at least 50 people in the pool??
The restaurants are fantastic, if you are looking for exceptional service go to Vida and ask for Erick...he was amazing. La Cote, outside by pools was very accommodating. Ask to sit on the top floor, the view of the ocean is spectacular. My daughter loved getting her mani/pedi at the spa, she was treated like a princess. With the exception of the small pool staff issue, our family visit to the Fontainbleau exceeded our expectations and we are sure to visit again in the future. The resort is worth every penny! Now if I could only score a trip to the IHeart Music Festival coming up in June!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to balcony ocean view. First choice is Sorrento tower, second is Chateau.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am happy to learn of your family's great experiences. Erick will certainly be recognized for his exceptional service. Please visit us online for details on the iHeart Radio Bleaulive concert package! We look forward for you next stay with us in Miami!
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpfull, rooms clean as beds amazingly comfortable. Everything you can wish you can find in hotel from cab, spa, hair and nails to all necessary shopping. We went to sit on beach and staff was very helpfull - Hans and KennyG were amazing...quick with service and friendly with attitude. After dinner we came back to "full blown Miami seen" O wow - you cant imagine how many good looking girls and handsom guys can be in one place:)) Great hotel to expierence.....if you looking for true Miami you will get it there. Would go back in heartbeat. Keep up good work! Eva

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments of the Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am happy to hear we were able to provide with a great Miami experience. Hans and Kenny G will certainly be recognized for their superb service! We welcome you back for another amazing time!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I'm staying here for two nights, and I love it. I have a balcony overlooking the beach and pool, awesome bathroom, great staff, good restaurants.. I'm even typing this review from my own iMac that seems to be in every room as I stare out at the ocean. However, the best part about this room is THE BED. Oh My God. I love it so much I'm trying to get info from housekeeping on the exact brand and model so I can get one of my own. Wow. My brother is staying a few floors up in a presidential suite which is beyond amazing, as well. What a cool hotel. But seriously, wait till you try this bed...

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience so far at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach. Lucky for you our comfy bedding is available for purchase on our website. Enjoy the rest of your stay with us! We welcome you back to Miami for another great trip!

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!