“Fontainbleau Happiness” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Fontainebleau Miami Beach to your Saves list
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   4441 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #30 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
London
“Fontainbleau Happiness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

In the year since I was last here the hotel as expanded and happily, this has not impacted on the friendly service. The addition of a new restaurant and more pools was welcome. Happy to recommend. Great

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am happy to hear that you were again pleased with our service and additions! We value you as a guest and hope to see you again soon!

5,584 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,224)
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Fontainebleau is one of those big hotels on the beach.
As far as location is concerned it is a bit north of the heart of Miami Beach. You will need a cab to go shopping downtown.
The hotel is massive, lots of room, swimming pool, direct access to beach etc...
The plus side: space. A lot of the boutique hotels in downtown Miami beach are small and a bit "old". The Fontainebleau has plenty of room and everything is modern and functional. You will have everything on site: gym, restaurant, pool shop etc...
On the minus side: I found that service was not up to the standard. I had booked a superior room with seaview (for which I paid extra). When I arrived I was told that I would have a bay view. Fine, I said. I will have the bay rate as well, then. Only then they suddenly found a room on the sea - so to speak (I had to go to the extreme side of the window to be able to see a bit of the ocean). I found this cheeky.
In the room, there is an apple computer if you want to surf the web but no bedside lamp. Also, if you want to turn lights on or off, you have to go by the door where the only switch is. Odd. I ended up using my mobile phone to go to the bathroom.
The concierge and bell service were absolutely useless.
I was waiting for a lost piece of luggage to arrive and I had been calling the bell service 3 times per day. Eventually on the second day I found out that the bell service had kept my luggage 6 hours without even calling me. My name was on the tag and they had seen me at least 3 times that day. Also it was the only suitcase left in their office. I guess they just did not bother.
The concierge was pretty useless giving non-answers: "the best would be to check the Internet". How difficult is it to say "I"m sorry I don't know"?
Anyway. Fontainebleau is an expensive hotel but service is clearly left behind...

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are just above the swimming pool. Expect loud music till 10/11pm
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at the Fontainbleau Miami Beach. It is great to hear that you found everything you needed at our hotel. On behalf of the Fontainebleau, I apologize for the delay in receiving your suitcase. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

The FB have great pools and amazing Spa. Highly recommended. I would suggest this hotel to anyone visiting Miami and looking for a good time to party and/or relax. The employees from Lapis, Jennifer Falcon, Maria and Gabrielle, were very attentive to my needs. Overall, making our stay much more enjoyable, very relaxing an stress-free.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for your kind recommendations of the Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am pleased to hear that you were able to relax and party during your stay. Your comments will be shared with our team and our Spa team members, Jennifer, Maria and Gabrielle will be recognized for their excellent service. We hope to see you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Came for a business trip and brought the kids. Great pools, good food and beautiful beach. Room service was pretty good as well. Front desk went over and beyond to get us in our room earlier. Be prepared... Dress to impress even down at the pool. I've never seen so many high heels at the pool!! Didn't make it to Club LIV this time but its a great club if you can get in. Again dress to impress!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am so happy to hear that our team members went above and beyond to assist you and your family. We remain at your service and hope to see you soon!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Family vacation and business meeting brought us here. Arrived late on a Wednesday to find the main lobby transformed into a mini niteclub scene. Very lively....the kids were in awe. Meeting facilities were nice. Pool and beach are great. Every bit of the hotel is very pricey but it's Miami Beach! Kids amenities are very lacking...kids pool is good for small children, not for older kids, kids club was adequate but not like clubs and amenities at other high end hotels...needs work. Restaurants are diverse and did not disappoint. Overall, enjoyed our stay and would return. The energy at the hotel is high and intoxicating.

• Stayed April 2013
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach. It is a great pleasure to receive such kind comments from a senior contributor. Your constructive criticism related to FB Kids will be shared with our team to better our hotel for you and other guests. We look forward to your return!
Orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

On my family recent trip to Miami we first stayed next door at the E.R. which was ok but we were not happy with room or staff. We moved to here and room and bed was better, complex was definitely fancier, but staff was just as rude.

It seems these hotels have staff think THEY are so great and cool and forget its about being friendly and warm to guests. Maybe since its so hot outside, they have to be cold.

Our next trip we will go further south to be in the action and hope for better. Overall, it was just ok, while I hoped for really good.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our guest rooms but I am disappointed to learn that you were not satisfied with our service. Your comments will be shared with our team as we strive to be the best for you and other guests. We value your business and hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I came along with my husband who had a conference, and we extended our trip a few days. Overall, FB is a lovely hotel, clean with great aesthetics. A coffee maker, better pool and beach service and reasonably priced food would have improved my experience. My best meal was off site. Gym staff were great, but other hotel staff need to improve friendliness.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am so happy to hear that your overall experience with us was great. It is unfortunate to learn of your dissatisfaction with our recreation! We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations!

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!