We were there during the Easter/Passover week.
Upon arrival we were surprised to see such a long line at the front desk.
There were people checking in, butting in, checking out, getting room keys, etc.
Check in took @ 40 minutes.
It's a good system, because you are so tired from the check in that you don't care what kind of room you have.
The restaurant Vida had good food and service.
Cold buffet is $22., Hot buffet is $28. An abundance of good food.
The pool had 2 restaurants.
Both were good food, fair prices, good service.
Chicken fingers, grilled cheese, quesadillas, paninis, etc.
There are also children's meals
The pool boys were great. I would like to mention John Paul, Bryan, Pablo, Anthony
They set up the chairs and umbrellas and are very helpful.
The resort is clean and the service was good.
Check out of this hotel is not express.
You have to go to the front desk.
We checked out with Ezra who apologized that we had to wait in line for over 30 minutes to check out.
I don't remember Ezra apologizing for the resort credit of $150 that was charged to the room instead of being credited to the room.
We asked him to get the manager. He said Anna H was in the back.
We could not figure out why she stayed in the back and did not come out to deal with the long line and speak to us.
We finally left without speaking to her as we had a plane to catch and the check out delayed us by close to an hour.
It is a shame that the trip ended on this note, as the staff we met, other than the front desk does what they can to make your stay enjoyable
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach