“For what you spend here, you should know every detail...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Fontainebleau Miami Beach to your Saves list
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   4441 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #31 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“For what you spend here, you should know every detail...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went to Miami this past weekend for a long weekend getaway. I've always wanted to stay on Miami Beach, and several friends who live in Miami told us this hotel was the EPITOME of Miami Beach.

You certainly feel pretty swanky when you pull up to the front of the hotel - valet parks all the nicest cars along the entrance. I honestly wish I could remember the gentleman's name who took our bags because he was the nicest person we encountered....in all of Miami! Valet was also very nice.

The lobby is absolutely beautiful - it just takes you away instantly. It's stunning. It was so packed at midnight on Saturday but it was such a fun scene with everyone there. I loved it. Amazing people watching.

The girl at the front desk was very funny and was a nice welcome to the hotel. In my booking, I said we absolutely MUST have a double - we had another couple staying with us. Then another couple wanted to stay with us for just one night, so I asked for a cot. I originally booked an oceanfront double, but when I asked for the cot she said I wouldn't need one because we had an oceanfront junior suite which has two beds and a pull out sofa- I was NOT complaining! Not sure if we got upgraded because they ran out of doubles or what.

The suite was AWESOME!! Very spacious with a wrap-around balcony because we were on the corner. Views of the ocean were nice - but we were only on the third floor so I think higher up would have yielded nicer views. We were in the Sorrento tower which was nice but it was on the very right of the property next to some other hotels - one of which was BLARING Cuban music for 5 hours straight one night. The Fontainebleau was quiet as far as I'm concerned - or at least I wasn't able to hear any other guests or music from the hotel from where our room was. We were playing music in our room pretty loud and got zero complaints - this hotel is made for partying which I loved.

That's about it for the good. Everything else was beyond dissapointing. The hotel is massive, but aside from that, it is poorly laid out. We weren't able to figure out how to get anywhere and I've been to several larger-scale resorts and had an easier time getting around. Just trying to get to the beach took nearly 20 minutes - and the hotel is ON the beach!

You have to show your room key everywhere you go, so make sure you have it on you at all times.

The food was absolutely NOT up to par whatsoever. Room service dinner was good enough- if we were at a Hilton. The breakfast was so gross by boyfriend who I call a garbage disposal for eating anything, wouldn't eat it. They put something on the eggs that made them taste like someone was trying to blatantly poison you. We got dinner from Vida one night and it was so inedible, we ended up starving ourselves because we couldn't get the food down. I was pretty mad. Friends told us we should have gone to Hakkasan, but we wanted food to take to the room and Hakkasan won't let you do that. We had to leave the hotel to finally have a decent meal.

We never saw housekeeping once. We had to call for towels and I must say, the towels came pretty quick compared to how slow everything else was. We waited 45 minutes for a cart to bring our luggage down - well, we DID wait. Then we just left and carried all of our own stuff because we couldn't wait any longer. I understand in Miami the lifestyle is a lot slower than where I am from up north, but even this was a bit much for me.

Couldn't get the WiFi to work for the life of me - we had a computer in the room which was cool, but I wanted it on my phone and no matter what I did I couldn't get it.

The beach was super crowded but not unbearable. I ordered a drink and got it 45 minutes later (literally - we timed it). They apparently spilled my first drink and didn’t find it necessary to tell me it would take a while for another one. We got a total of three drinks in the four hours we were at the beach, even though we ordered many more that just never came. Super annoying and disappointing. It wasn’t even like the staff was being slow or goofing off - they just didn’t have enough people there or runners to the bar to get the drinks pumped out faster. They need a bigger staff down there I guess. Or a better system.

All-in-all, we paid A LOT of money to stay at this hotel and the room was worth it. It was big, fabulous and I felt like a movie star. But the hotel as a whole just didn’t do it for me. I think when we come back to Miami, I’m going to look for a slightly smaller hotel that’s more intimate.

Room Tip: Corner suites are huge with wrap around balconies - the Sorrento tower is nice and seems new, but is...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

5,596 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,225)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

First time in the US and probably could not come quite as big after this Hotel experience, the finer details the was staff very nice/efficent, hotel room spacious and very clean, restaurants excellent indoors and outdoors. Visiting during Spring Break was an experince and have two black eyes from the amount of poking I received from the masses of plastic boobs in the environment. God knows where these kids get the money to stay at a Hotel like this but am envious! Overall good experince if a little surreal

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ccu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Best beach, pool and club partying off all off south beach all in the same club.... Loved the crowd music and drinks. Especially the club where we were lucky to have pink launch her single. The club is one of the best been to ever.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
State College, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

March 17 th to 20th, attended a conference with my husband. For the most part, enjoyed beach and surroundings. Restaurants found on Lincoln Mall just as nice and with realistic pricing. As a paying guest did not like being made to feel we were in the way, while photo shoots and other activities blocked access to public areas. Beach access was closed by 5:30 as per attendant "it would take us til 9:00 to pack up chairs and umbrellas if we stayed open later". Sadly our stay ended with my husband's wallet being stolen from our room as he left it on the table when checking out. Realized he left it within minutes, returned to the room to find attendant already breaking it down. Security made an effort, but inspite of many phone calls to management, no response. We will not return.

Room Tip: If you want a view, don't ask for quiet location. Ended up on 7th floor looking at parking and r...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was at the FountaineBleu Miami Beach for a Business Conference, but it turned out to be so much more. I have never enjoyed a stay at a hotel as much as I did this one. Things were not perfect, but the management team made it perfect. I was treated like a Queen and in today's society it's rare to find that treatment from anyone. The FountaineBleu is an amazing hotel and I will rave about it to all I meet. My goal is to go back within the next year. I can't wait until then! Thank you so much for the best experience ever!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

It was a once in a lifetime visit to this fantastic hotel. It is geared towards young people. Pool parties and techno music.
Take lots of cash. Cocktails are around 17 bucks a pop. Great people watching comes with a hefty price tag.

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from a great week at The Fontainebleau. Pool area steals the show, even more than the celebrity sightings throughout the week. Great staff from bell to housekeeping, but hats off for security. Never felt more safe in a resort. Beach service was incredible from the towel/chair service to the drinks/food. Will say food at pool was not the best and a bit pricey. Better off ordering at La Cote. Spa is incredible! Rain room was highlight of that visit. Overall, really relaxing and fun filled way to enjoy Miami Beach.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!