The positives: Absolutely beautiful hotel common areas and rooms! The designers of the hotel thought of everything! Particularly impressed with iMac's in every room - convenient! I had a big room in the Sorrento Tower that was perfect - views of the ocean, outside deck, fridge, microwave, real silverware, soaking tub, sofa, comfortable bed & ipod/iphone hookup. Drinks and food throughout the hotel were excellent as well. Pools were warm and clean. Front desk / check-in / bell service was very good. Everything was impeccably clean and maintained.
The negatives: The hotel overall was very busy, from the Bleau Bar in the evenings to the pool & beaches during the day - crowded might not be the word, but busy with allot of people. Poolside & beach-side service for food and drinks was very slow - seemed like they needed more help. Service at the Bleau Bar was also somewhat slow, but the quality of the drinks compensated! Beach itself was not exceptionally clean, but overall not bad either. One other negative, that I guess is to be expected, is that everything is expensive - from food to drinks, to day beds, cabanas, etc.
In short, I had a great time and would not hesitate to stay here again if I find myself in South Beach. The Fontainebleau lived up to its reputation as "the" place to stay in Miami!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach