“Amazing hotel, service ups and downs” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FOREVER FONTAINEBLEAU
Ranked #30 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Chester, New Jersey, United States
“Amazing hotel, service ups and downs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The positives: Absolutely beautiful hotel common areas and rooms! The designers of the hotel thought of everything! Particularly impressed with iMac's in every room - convenient! I had a big room in the Sorrento Tower that was perfect - views of the ocean, outside deck, fridge, microwave, real silverware, soaking tub, sofa, comfortable bed & ipod/iphone hookup. Drinks and food throughout the hotel were excellent as well. Pools were warm and clean. Front desk / check-in / bell service was very good. Everything was impeccably clean and maintained.

The negatives: The hotel overall was very busy, from the Bleau Bar in the evenings to the pool & beaches during the day - crowded might not be the word, but busy with allot of people. Poolside & beach-side service for food and drinks was very slow - seemed like they needed more help. Service at the Bleau Bar was also somewhat slow, but the quality of the drinks compensated! Beach itself was not exceptionally clean, but overall not bad either. One other negative, that I guess is to be expected, is that everything is expensive - from food to drinks, to day beds, cabanas, etc.

In short, I had a great time and would not hesitate to stay here again if I find myself in South Beach. The Fontainebleau lived up to its reputation as "the" place to stay in Miami!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with the Sorrento Tower! To get away from the crowds at the main pools, ther...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,419)
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Very nice accomodations. Pool services are the best. Jefferson from pool services was very attentive. He made sure that we were comfortable at all times. The food and drinks at the pool are a bit pricey, but well worth it. Valet services was efficent, but be sure to call ahead approx 15 minutes for your car.

Room Tip: We rented from a condo owner. All of the ammenites included valet parking and pool chairs are includ...
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

It's been years since I've stayed here, and I'm impressed with the way they have maintained the property and updated it over the years. I like the location on the southern part of North Beach which is a little removed from the party scene at S Beach yet still accessible. The staff is very responsive to all of our requests, and they offer turn down service which is appreciated. We had an ocean view room with good space and a good size bathroom with both a walk-in Shower and Jacuzzi tub. The room was a little dated, although it is well furnished with comfortable bedding. The lobby and Glow bar were always happening, and apparently LIV nightclub draws a pretty large crowd although we never checked it out for ourselves. The crowd made for pretty good people watching from the Glow bar. There were hundreds of people in the lobby until very late in the night/morning. The food options are very good so you don't have to venture out, but we like the food experience Miami offers. The Lapis Spa is outstanding as my wife and I each enjoyed a massage. The pool cabanas were comfortable, and the hotel has excellent beach access. It is a good beach for families and adults who came for R&R. I was going to give it 4* because the room is not what I would call 5* luxury, but I decided the staff deserves 5* and the overall attitude and ambiance is top notch. I'm sure we will return one day.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed from March 16-20, 2013 attending a hospitality industry conference. The service in the lobby bar, specifically the early evening of March 18th was horrible. The two cocktail servers were unattentive and spent more time chatting and laughing with each other than serving customers. After going up to the bar twice within a twenty minute time frame to ask for a server to come over to where we were sitting, I still did not get service. Not at all a good impression.....the servers may be attractive but clearly not service oriented, at least not in the restaurant service industry!

Jackson, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I recently stayed here (March 2013) as part of a multi-night conference. The rooms were very average and the service was slightly better than average. All of the employees were nice, but not one went out of their way to impress me. Knowing it was going to be pricey going in I will not complain about the prices, bu will warn everyone to make sure they bring plenty of extra spending cash. I would probably not return to this hotel as I did not feel that the price matched the product.

Harrison, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was overwhelmed by the size of this hotel, and by the beauty of the lobby! It's tremendous, and has so much going on yet it was not chaotic in the least. The staff were very accommodating to us especially since Ito.d them I was pregnant. They switched our room from the main tower to a more quiet tower. I was nice to see such a vast variety of people. Young, middle age and older.

The pool is stunning, and the beach access is a huge plus!!! Vida is great!!! Ask for Alberto, super friendly.
We had a great stay and would recommend it to anyone of any age. I would say however, I don't think it's a great place for little kids. Not much to do.... Unless they love the beach. I did not notice a baby pool.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise, ask to be photo the 15th floor with an ocean view...
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Went down for a short medical symposium and brought my spouse for the week. Had a spectacular time. Stayed on the resort for the entire week for the most part (other than some shopping), patronized all the restaurants, and both my wife and I utilized the spa & health club. We enjoyed everything and it was the perfect antidote for a rather cold and damp winter in the NY area where we live.

A short story about our visit. We made some new friends ( a couple from New Jersey) during a vacation to Europe last fall and had wanted to get together with them in NYC but lost their contact information due to Hurricane Sandy. Believe it or not, we actually ran into them at the Fontainebleau the day we arrived !!! We had a great time catching up and we are seeing them this Saturday for dinner in NY at the Manhattan location of Scarpetta (probably the best restaurant at the resort). Small world.

In any event, had a fantastic trip and will definitely be back there next year as the symposium will take place during the South Beach Wine and Food Festival just down the road.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite in the new Trevose tower. Our suite's balcony overlooked both the city sid...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!