“Great Winter Break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Fontainebleau Miami Beach to your Saves list
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   4441 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #30 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Great Winter Break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Went down for a short medical symposium and brought my spouse for the week. Had a spectacular time. Stayed on the resort for the entire week for the most part (other than some shopping), patronized all the restaurants, and both my wife and I utilized the spa & health club. We enjoyed everything and it was the perfect antidote for a rather cold and damp winter in the NY area where we live.

A short story about our visit. We made some new friends ( a couple from New Jersey) during a vacation to Europe last fall and had wanted to get together with them in NYC but lost their contact information due to Hurricane Sandy. Believe it or not, we actually ran into them at the Fontainebleau the day we arrived !!! We had a great time catching up and we are seeing them this Saturday for dinner in NY at the Manhattan location of Scarpetta (probably the best restaurant at the resort). Small world.

In any event, had a fantastic trip and will definitely be back there next year as the symposium will take place during the South Beach Wine and Food Festival just down the road.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite in the new Trevose tower. Our suite's balcony overlooked both the city sid...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

5,763 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,261)
  • Turkish first
Holbrook, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The overall stay was great one of the best places I every stayed.
I will recomend this hotel to anyone that is looking for an hotel in Miami.

The clubs were great both nights I stayed.

The food was good at both places I ate at.

Also the pools looked great I didn't go in them but I was there for a pool party that was amazing.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Love, Love, Love the Fontainebleau.... My husband and I have been there 3 times in the last year, once with our daughter, who loved it, as well. Sholom helped us with checkin on our last visit and was extremely pleasant and provided great service, above and beyond.
Will definitely be back....

Room Tip: Rooms in the Chateau are very nice and convenient. The Versailles is a little distant from the acti...
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had Edgy / Edmundo as my waiter at LaCote, the restaurant by the pool at Fontainebleau. It was a large table of 16 girls and Edgy gave us impeccable service. He gave us visual descriptions of the meals we were ordering to make sure that we would like everything that came out of the kitchen. He was fast to refill our waters, brought our food out promptly, and if we needed anything extra he was on top of it.

I would recommend him as a server anytime. Best one I've ever had.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
MASS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We recently stayed for a 3 night trip here. Although the resort is beautiful, is was too large for my taste. Our room was spacious and very nice. Everything is the hotel is overpriced but I know they cater to a wealthy clientele. You do need to show your key cards everywhere as they are trying to keep "Squatters" out, which I did not mind doing. Overall, very nice, but since this was a business trip for my husband, I personally would not spend that kind of money for a hotel.
If you want a chair by the pool, get out early as they are taken very quickly.

Room Tip: Almost every room has a great view, either ocean or inter-coastal waterway.
Corona, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Are you willing to pay extra to be on the beach in Miami? Do you value marble bathrooms, showers, lobbies and elevator floors? Do you want to see and be seen by the beautiful twenty somethings and rich forty/fifty somethings? Then THIS is the place for you! During the day you can pay a hotel fee + $250 to be in a cabana by the pool. At night you can pay $25 per drink and hang out in the Bleau Bar. Watch the guys with bulging muscles try to pick up the girls in skin tight dresses (that barely cover the subject). Or pay $5000 for table service to get into LIV nightclub. It will take 45 minutes to check in, and your choice of beds in the room is not guaranteed. You can stay in regular hotel rooms in the Versailles or Chateau towers or a suite in the Sorrento or Tresor towers (which also double as condos). This is an iconic property in an iconic location, so be prepared to pay. But if you are looking for a Vegas class experience right on the beach in Miami, you will not be disappointed. I would recommend this hotel for romance, or for business (there were three conventions going on while I was there), but definitely NOT for family, friends, or budget travel!

Room Tip: You MUST make ALL your arrangements prior to arrival. The hotel is PACKED in season. Views from Tr...
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were disappointed in this hotel. The valets did not help us unload the car or give us any directions on where to check in. The clerk at reception was not at all friendly, in fact he was downright surly and rude. The check-in process was quite slow, 15 or 20 minutes at 8 pm. The rooms (we had 2) were nice but not exceptional. We had junior suites and they were fairly well appointed. There was a partial view of the beach, pool area, and canal.The bathrooms were quite large but with very basic amenities. We had a very large balcony but the sliding door was off-track and very difficult to open. The rooms were clean but everyday the staff would forget to leave bathmats, coffee, sugar, coffee-mate. The rooms were very quiet. There is a foyer between the room and the hall. There is a lovely, large pool area but it was extremely crowded when we were there. I was pleased to see that lounge chairs were included (though a daily resort fee is added to your bill so don't know if you gain anything there). However, in reality, that only seems to include lounge chairs well back from the pool, lined up like sardines, without space to walk in between or a table to put your stuff on. Everything else must be reserved for an extra charge. I preferred to sit at the beach. Once again, lounge chairs were included but it was $25 extra for an umbrella. The beach menu was extremely expensive. The sandwich I ordered was barely edible. I'm sure I sound like I'm nit-picking here but we paid a premium for these rooms and I was expecting a lot more. We've stayed in many beautiful hotels around the world and this one did not measure up. .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!