“Hip hotel with cool crowd” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Fontainebleau Miami Beach to your Saves list
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   4441 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #32 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Canada
“Hip hotel with cool crowd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for an extended weekend in December. Over all, the hotel had a cool, hip vibe. The pool and surrounding area was spacious. There were adequate chairs to lounge in. The pool side menu was good. We had snacks and drinks- didn't break the bank. The rooms were small but done up very nice. Modern flare to it. The service was good. The hotel staff at the front desk were a bit stand off-ish. Kinda made me feel like they were doing me a favour. The rest rest of the staff were good. Pool side staff were awesome.
We went to the spa. It was very clean. Had a few different areas such as steam room, pool etc.

We ended up seeing a few celebrities there. Biggest one was Paris Hilton who was there with her boyfriend. No one bugged them so they were able to swim I'm peace.

The location is the only downfall. It is far from the main action. Will need to take a cab to anywhere on the strip. Other than that it was a great place.

• Stayed December 2012

5,834 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,277)
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I must say that I received the best birthday present at the Lapis Spa in the Fountainbleau, I went there in March 2013 and was amazed as usual! I always get treated with such kindness and care. The ladies at the spa and salon are always striving to help you feel comfortable and at home. I had the pleasure of having a manicure and pedicure with Beatriz which dispite my worries was great, she was so sweet and attentive to every detail. Jennifer the salon receptionist was also very courteous and friendly. I also had the pleasure of having a swedish massage with Marcela she was abolutely amazing!! Knew exactly how relax me!!

Lapis is my favorite spa to say the least ! Between their awesome amenities, like the co-ed pool, and rain room, I couldnt have asked for more on my special day! -JS

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is two miles from the main shopping district. Mass transportation is available, but just be aware that you have a long walk to shopping. Our room was lovely. We ate at two of the hotel restaurants and they were very good, although at those prices, I'd like a tablecloth. I would not stay here again for the simple reason of the 17 dollar add on fee for internet, towels by the pool, use of the health club and a few other things that for the prices and prestige of this hotel should be included. It should be embarrassing to them that these services must be add ons.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

fantastic hotel, staff was super helpful and accomidating Go to the bleaubar and ask for lauren, by the end of our 5 night stay she knew our order and would have it ready as soon as she saw us. There is no need to leave the hotel, everything in on site and the food is fantastic

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is very nice and in a great location. Usually you get what you pay for, but not at the fontainebleau. I stayed in one of the towers overlooking the water in a junior suite that was gorgeous. The valet was where I had real problems. It would take at least 30 or more minutes to get the vehicle everytime, even if I had called from upstairs. On the last day, when I got the car they brought it out with scratches all over the side. It was obvious that they had just scraped it against another vehicle or a wall in the garage. I filled out a complaint form and by the time I had gotten back home, they sent an email denying the complaint. I appealed the denial and emailed management and received no response. So on top of paying top $ for the hotel room, I also got to pay for about $300 worth of damage to my vehicle. I also had to call to have the maid come clean the room, which is really weird and annoying. One day she came at 5:30 PM while I was getting ready for dinner. She just walked into the bathroom. I will stay elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Tower suites were nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was lucky to attend a conference at Fontainebleau. Because the hotel was filled with other attendees, they ran out of standard guest rooms by the time I arrived. I was upgraded to a junior suite in the Sorrento tower. Wow! Spacious and luxurious with a beautiful ocean view!

All conference events hosted by the hotel ran smoothly. Meals provided were delicious, and often provided healthy alternatives - not just a vegetarian option - for those of us watching our waistlines. Customer service was impeccable, and the pool and fitness facilities were pristine.

My number 1 concern staying on a crowded property (especially with a large group of business travelers) is noise level. Even on the closing night of the conference (which featured a DJ and an open bar), I was able to sleep soundly with no disturbances from my neighbors.

I would love to return to the Fontainebleau for a romantic weekend with my husband.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

i recently stayed at fontainebleau in the tresor tower in a baloncy room with beautiful views of the water. i was with a group staying throughout the hotel and i would say tresor tower has the best rooms and views. at times it felt like this property was too big but luckily it has lots to offer. the upper deck of the outdoor restaurant was enjoyable and you can order their food for service on the beach too. the only thing i didn't appreciate was the 9:00am wake up knock on my door on the day i was checking out! they make you fully aware that if you check out late there will be charge, so there's really no need to make sure that i'm up and out on time!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!