“FontaineBleau Miami.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Fontainebleau Miami Beach to your Saves list
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   4441 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
FALL FOR BLEAU
Ranked #30 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Montreal, Canada
“FontaineBleau Miami.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Fontainebleau is very good but overrated...For the price you pay, spend a few more hundreds and stay at the Setai which offers everything.

I stayed in the Tower...it has a nice view but for the price we paid, we found that the quality and the service was not there. This hotel is huge and you never see any staffs. There is no doorman, 2/5 there would be NO ONE at the front desk. The hotel has NO indications of whatsoever. You can get lost, it is like a maze, you could be turning around in circles for hours and still be at point A. Check-in took me 35minutes which is ridiculous. My boyfriend and I were very mad since when we came, the lady was on the phone and she wouldn't hang up (how polite is that).

Room has no cups, coffee machine & bathrobe. Really? for the price we pay, they can't even offer us that.

I was very disappointed and will never come back here..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,351)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Saying this is a pricey hotel is the understatement of the year. It's a five star property on South Beach so brace yourself. Having gotten that out of the way here is the review:

If you are looking for a " happening" pool scene this is the place. There are over 10 pools scattered all over the property. The trick for getting a chair ( yes there can be a wait) is to come down early leave some clothing behind and then come down every hr. if you are gone for more than a hr you will lose your spot.
Pool service is terrific.
There were some pools we didn't get to see , so explore.
The beach is gorgeous. Beach chairs are included BUT the umbrellas are not. 25.00 for umbrella.
There is a night club in hotel Liv and its considered to be one of best night clubs in the country. If you are interested in going you should book online in advance. It was sold out for men and women had to pay 60.00. Needless to say we did not go given my husband's inability to get in.
The lobby also has a huge bar and on a Sat night it was packed.

The resort is about a 10 min cab ride from South beach. ($10.00). Cabs are at the hotel. Not a hassle but disappointing if you expected to be in the middle of it all.

If you are willing to drop some serious coin you will have a blast.

• Stayed January 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I'd like to provide some feedback about my recent stay at the Fontainebleau . My trip started well, as I was pleasantly and efficiently received by the valet in the busy driveway of the main entrance. The valet was helpful and welcoming. I then proceeded to the conveneint temporary registration desk set up by the drive. I was warmly greeted by Athina, who proceeded to check me in. Unbeknownst to me, my credit card was past its' expiration date, causing me to embarrassingly fumble for my other card, before recalling that I had left it in the car. As I worked through the situation, Athina was incredibly gracious and friendly, and then quickly engaged the valet and bellman to assist while my car was retrieved and my credit card obtained.

After checking in, I encountered the only negative point of my experience, the campus is extremely large, with 4 hotel buildings. It was difficult to find the Versailles tower where I was staying, and signage was poor or non-existent. However, when I took the elevator up to the 14th floor of the incorrect tower, the housekeeping staff was very helpful and gave me clear directions to the proper building.

I was at the hotel to speak at an event being held by my employer. We had reserved a conference room, serving dinner and staffing open bars in the reception area as well as the dining room. Every staff member involved in the process was exceptionally competent, courteous and professional. From setting up A/V, to the wait staff and bartenders, they were exceptional. In addition, the meal which was served simultaneously for 200 people was delicious (a rare feat)! We hold many of these events, and this was the best overall experience we have ever had while hosting an event.

The huge property is immaculately clean and well maintained, and there is something for everyone. I'm sure we didn't even take advantage of most of the amenities. Every staff member, including; the hostess at the poolside grill, wait staff throughout, the bartender at the Lobby bar, the front desk staff, the valets and bellmen, were incredibly warm, competent, and helpful. It was really impressive to see such a large property managed so exceptionally well.

Of course you get the great energy and hip vibe you expect in SOBE, but without the hassles of noisy rooms or indifferent service. I would highly recommend the Fontainebleau for both leisure and business.

Tip: Ask ahead of time which tower your room is in, and which driveway would be most convenient for your arrival.

Room Tip: Views vary significantly, and a room with ocean view is worth it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Pembroke Pines, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had the best massage by Roman! I loved my 80 minute Masters massage! Roman is great and he made me feel so relaxed. It was literally the best massage I have ever had. Also Abigail was great at the front desk, very professional and helpful. Gabi at the Locker was also very sweet. This was a great experience and I will be definitely coming back soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

This is my third time in this hotel. I stayed there last july, alone, and this time I came back with my kids. If you want a room with more space, choose a Deluxe room with beach view and balcony. The Gotham restaurant is delicious, but, with kids, share a dish. The portions are huge. I would like to mention Meir, a guy from THE Valet that helped us arranging our luggage at our car.

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband & I had time for a quick getaway & picked this hotel because of all the hoopla surrounding it, and since we didn't bring our kids, it seemed perfect for an adult weekend. The room was nice enough (junior suite), but I wasn't overly impressed, and there is no privacy on the balconies. Each floor has 1 long connected outdoor space separated by a divider on either side; so you can be having breakfast & the people next to you are right there looking at you. The view was amazing though. Also, the room service attendants did not pick up our breakfast remnants until the evening (we even called when we were done...and they had come to clean the room during the day). I like the amenities (Mac, wifi and dock for iPhone).
The pool was great, and servers attentive. Seemed to be a hot spot on Saturdays (almost a Spring Break feel to it). Be warned...when the music is playing during the day, it is LOUD.
We did not go to the club, but the lobby bar was quite a scene in itself...lots of people watching, good drinks & a DJ.
The spa was excellent & the shops were all high end. Restaurants were pretty great too. All in all, I would recommend it, especially if you get a deal like we did ($100 spa credit, $100 dining credit, $ off if you pay for stay up front.) Be sure to check the website for monthly specials. Oh, and be on the lookout for celebrities...apparently this is a popular hangout for them.

• Stayed December 2012
Oslo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed in a large suite for 8 days with my familiy.

Room was nice, view was nice, kids loved the pool area and lots of good restaurants at the location (overpriced but we were expecting that).

The service on the other is terrible, maybe the worst I've seen at a 5 star (and I travel 200 days a year...). The valet guys broke my trunk by using to much force, and we spent hours on reporting it to the security. At last we had spoken to everyone, security mangers, valet managers, reception(s) and so on. Everybody promised to help us out, fix the damages or reimburse us. However, it never happened. We talked with the reception and the security manager several times after the incident, but they never did anything. We have written to the hotel, but have still not received any answer.

My next stay in Miami will not be at Fountainebleu...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!