“New Years trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Naperville
“New Years trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We arrived for the Orange Bowl & New Years celebration. Although we have been to Miami several times this was our first time at the Fontainebleau and the Front Office Supervisor efficiently made sure we would be pleased with the accommodations. We were very comfortable in a Bayside Jr. Suite. We loved the size of the room, the views of the bay and the city of Miami and, most of all, that long spans of windows.
We found everything at the hotel to be of the highest quality and the service from all hotel staff was excellent. The Mac PC in the room was also a great touch and very convenient.
We will return to the Fontainebleau in the future.

Room Tip: Try for the inside towers with balconies.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,422)
  • Turkish first
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the Fontainebleu for the Orange Bowl and absolutely loved it. Must say that Jennifer, at Lapis Spa, was terrific. She took great care of us and made our visit to the spa the best. Highly recommend the hotel, for sure, but the spa, especially!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

...or Fountain-blue as the locals say. We stayed here for 5 nights between xmas and new year . It has over a thousand rooms ,loads of pools,restaurants,nightclubs, etc ,but what makes it work in my opinion is the staff. There are plenty of them everywhere - ,so it all hums along nicely .
Our rooms were good - and the Mac was really useful.The lobby bar is a sight to behold on a busy evening . Hundreds of people with a resident dj playing it louder and louder as the evening progresses. Its a club in itself. Great restaurants on site -we ate at Hakkasan and Scarpetta - both of which were very good. Cecconis at the Soho Beach club is next door as well.
Only negative :It would be nice if the curvaceous lady on reception at breakfast at the Vida restaurant smiled .

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of days just on business – my first stay in Miami.

This is one big hotel, and more-or-less a bit of a standalone properly. I stayed in one of the wings and the room appeared to be freshly renovated. Everything in there was great except the lack of a kettle and instant coffee when I looked for it late one night.

I can see some other reviews complaining that of a lack of personalised service, and while there was nothing bad about any part of the service I received, just that the place is so big, this is bound to happen.

Everything is on the expensive side, but in a resort style hotel it is nothing more than happens everywhere else around the world. (First time I have seen a delivery fee for room service??) Has a nightclub there that really seemed to go off one Saturday night, with a huge amount of activity, but certainly didn’t affect me in anyway what-so-ever.

Pool area is fantastic, and must say the gym is the best I have seen in ANY hotel in the world – and there appears to be a massive convention facility. And if you want to have a great walk, directly out the front is the boardwalk, turn right and it will take you the best part of an hour to make your way to south beach.

All in all, a good stay – but this is a big tourist processing factory that does its job pretty well all things considered.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
manhasset
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Drove up to check in and was ignored by valet. Had to ask to have bags removed from car. Go to check in and given a hotel policy to sign saying that I am being charged $150/day for incidentals and that if not used, the credit would appear within 2 weeks after check out. When asked to speak to manager, David, was told by him, that "perhaps this wasn't the hotel for us", and this is not a hotel where people would know our name. Also said that $150 charge was for use with debit card, not credit card, but we were still asked to sign release. No apology, no regard for positive guest relations.

Went to Blade restaurant with a reservation for 7:30. Showed up at 7:35 and was told "your table was given away" - not "let me see what I can do". When introduced to the manager of the restaurant was told "we will fix this", but was not at all concerned that his staff addressed us the way they did. (Especially when there were empty tables around the restaurant.)

Staff at Scarpetta, amazing! I highly recommend that restaurant as well as the Hakkasan where the service was also exemplary, but as far as the hotel management - I give them a "D" grade.

Very disappointed with hotel staff and management. You truly get the feeling that they do not care about customer relations.

Room Tip: If you're looking for ambiance, don't stay in the Versailles wing. You want to be in the wi...
Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Fortunately we only had one night at this hotel. When we gained entry to the first of our 3 'ocean view' rooms, we found that it was on a low floor the view was straight on to a wall and to see the ocean you had to lean over the balcony. One complaint later and we were moved up 10 floors - huge improvement.
Despite my specific request by phone that none of our rooms should be interconnected, I found myself connected to the room of one of my daughters and her boyfriend!!
The big problem though was with our luggage which seemed to go missing and, in all, I was left waiting for over 3 hours despite constantly being told it 'was on its way' or '10 mins away'. The final insult was being categorically informed that the luggage (10 pieces in all) had been delivered and in fact unpacked when I knew it hadn't. I finally went to the luggage storage room myself and found it still sitting where it has been deposited 6 hours earlier.
Having been reassured that a manager would call me I am still waiting and waiting and waiting....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I had a fabulous time at the Fontainebleau. I would like to first thank the manager that allowed Shawn to give me a tour of the Fontainebleau property I would recommend this property to anyone who has the money to invest in a time of their life, it will be an experience of a life time.

Most of all I would like the management team to know that Shawn was a perfect tour guide and he knew the property and what the company had to offer like a professional sale's rep.

I do plan to visit again.

Miss Rochelle Williams

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!