“My 30th Bday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fontainebleau Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Fontainebleau Miami Beach to your Saves list
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   4441 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #31 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Chicago
“My 30th Bday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I had a group of friends stay there for my 30th birthday and we had the most amazing time. We really did not have to leave the resort for anything as everything you could possibly need was right there! I want to give a special Thank you to Leo, the pool manager, who made sure we had everything we needed and was always there for us. Jorge, at the pool, also have us outstanding service! We will be back soon! Thanks for such a welcoming stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

5,770 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,264)
  • Turkish first
lawrence new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel In January 2011 and January 2012 with my husband...

Stayed in the Oceanfront Sorrento room..Paid almost $1000 per night. Stayed for 10 nights!!

Room was pretty and clean..

Service was fine.

Hotel lobby was a bit glitzy for my taste, but maybe I am getting old

The room was very noisy at night , but bearable...(why come to Fountainebleau after all, if you are not looking for a scene)

Used the Sorrento pool, so didn't have to deal with trashy crowd at the main pool..That was fine

The gym is beautiful..

BUT

I will never go back. ( Going to the St Regis Bal Harbor this year)

Why?

I left my Prada coat in the car and went up to my room. When I came down 15 minutes later, it was not in the car.

The manager came to the room to "investigate" promptly.

Less than 20 minutes later, they called back, to say, that the valets are not responsible for missing merchandise. Well who is responsible?

It was preposterous and they lost a good customer...Very foolish...

Absolutely no attempt to make it up to us.

it ruined the rest of the trip.

Not cool at all. Beware..........

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were invited to spend the day at the Fontainbleau in Miami Beach as guests of someone who is staying there for the week. Our experience is limited to the pool and spa and I hope at some stage we will be able to stay here for longer.

The hotel is a luxurious resort which spans Collins to the Beach. It is smart, not particularly Miami South Beachy if you know what I mean but has a designer international opulence. It is almost like a Vegas hotel at the beach, kind of self contained.

The pool area is great, the food by the pool is pretty good, the Jacuzzi is not overhot.

We tried the Spa and it was pretty amazing, the best part of the day, particularly the mineral batch and the marble table on which you lay for a 10 minute tropical rain shower of massage jets. Pretty wow.....

The only down side is the pool security which is in your face and intrusive, the extortionate guest fees for everything but lets face it the people who stay here are not short of a bob or two!

So we are looking forward to a return visit sometime soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was my first time staying at the Fontainebleau. I went to Miami to celebrate my 40th birthday. A friend recommended the hotel and told me that I would no regret it. Boy was he right. Check in was easy. Extremely professional and friendly staff from the service to the bell hop. The hotel is amazing. The pools and beach are magnificent. The view I had of Miami and the bay was awesome especially at night. The breakfast at Vida was out of this world. Especially the omelettes. Gotham Steak is out of this world also. I felt like I was on another planet. This is definitively a top notch resort.!! I have probably spoiled myself but this was worth it. Every dime.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

First of all, a lot of the previous reviews for this hotel are really odd and sound like they're written directly by hotel staff, especially with all the specific employee name dropping. I would definitely take them with a grain of salt. Unfortunately, because of reviews like this, tripadvisor is losing it's credibility with me.
We stayed for four nights last month. My husband was attending a conference on site. If you're like me, the word "conference hotel" invokes a feeling of dread. I hate staying at huge hotels with zero personality that cater only to the business traveler and act as remote islands of poor service, where the conference goer never leaves the property and is resigned to eating mediocre food at generic restaurants. I was pleasantly surprised with the Fontainebleau.
We arrived late and were exhausted and ready to get to our room. The lobby bar was quite a hopping place, even midweek. We booked a deluxe balcony room- the highest level available for the conference rates- and were upgraded to a Tresor suite. This upgrade probably colors our perspective because it definitely made our stay markedly more pleasant. We likely would have had a totally different experience staying in one of the standard rooms. I think this tower also has individual residences because our room had features that would be odd for most hotel rooms in Miami, like a coat closet, oven, etc. It was like staying in a condo at a resort hotel. There was a main living area with a pull out couch, dining, living area, a small kitchen with hightop seating, and a guest bath with a shower. And then a hallway to a bedroom with a walk in closet, balcony, and full bathroom. Because the whole tower was set up with suite-style private entries, our room was super quiet. We heard absolutely noone except the infrequent sliding of the balcony door of the room above us. It was one of the quietest rooms we have ever had. Overall, we were pleased with room, but the balcony furniture was in massive need of an upgrade and the master bathroom needed some work done, specifically on the ceiling and shower tile. The lighting was also not good at all- particularly in the bathrooms, and there was no furniture on the balcony outside of our bedroom. The balconies and bathrooms (particularly the shower fixtures) could definitely use some updates, but the furniture and carpeting looked basically brand new. I also was not a huge fan of the bed; it was a little too soft, but that could be a personal preference. Our room had only a sliver of a view of the ocean, which was my main disappointment. It was like a 3.5-4* condo located at a full service resort. The main reason we were so pleased with the upgrade is because we were traveling with our son. Having a suite with a separate living area makes things much more pleasant for everyone when traveling with children. If it had been just my husband and myself, I would have preferred a smaller room with a great view.
The Tresor tower is not directly on the beach, but it is probably a one minute walk to the boardwalk- if that- so no big deal at all. The Sorrento building next door is directly on the beach. The Tresor has it's own (heated) pool and hot tub area, which was never crowded, and lacked the loud music found around the main pool area. This pool is not as well kept as the other pools on property, almost an afterthought, but was convenient.
Our interactions with the staff here were really great, except the valet service that usually seemed a bit overwhelmed and disorganized. We had our son with us, and he was doted on by most of the staff.
The deco style architecture of the main building is wonderful, and the lobby and common areas are gorgeous. The pools were pretty quiet and chill until Friday afternoon, when all of a sudden hoards of tacky people surrounded the main pool and they turned some annoying (like "Call me Maybe" and LMFAO on repeat) music on. Our son really enjoyed the 'kids' pool area with the little water slide. We went down to the beach a few times, but it is really crowded so usually we just went for a little walk, let our son play in the sand area for a bit and moved on. The boardwalk is fantastic and if you like to run or walk in the mornings, you will love it.
Your trip to Fontainebleau won't come cheap, as there are lots of add-ons here. There is an automatic $20 'resort fee', not optional. I hate when resorts do that; just bury the $20 in the room rate! In this case, it was worthwhile because it granted access to pools, gym and wifi, but we couldn't have turned it down if we had wanted. Valet is $36 a night. To use an umbrella at the beach, it is extra. The food and drink prices were about what I expected. $15-20 for a cocktail, entrees over lunch are $15-30, even in the little snack shop by the pool. Breakfast in the coffee shop area will easily run $15 a person for a sandwich and coffee.
Overall, I would give the Fontainebleau a 4-4.5. As a destination resort, I am not sure I can recommend it. It is quite a ways from South Beach, especially in weekend traffic, but you can easily stay on site if you wish, just know it will cost you.
A tip: if you find yourself in the Tresor tower, there is a valet service right down on Collins, between the Sorrento and Tresor buildings, where you can walk on down to pick up your car. It will save you from dealing with the circus of having to use the main valet area, and they will have your car in 5 minutes, even on a Saturday night. We found it completely by accident, but I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The wife and I stayed here over the weekend for our 1st wedding anniversary.

The hotel is simply amazing.The front desk staff were friendly and professional. They let us check in early.

Our room was great. Great sized balcony over seeing the smaller pool and a great view of the sea and beach. We had paid for a guaranteed higher floor room and got the 4th floor in the Sorrento Tower, not exactly a high floor but since the view was amazing we did not bother to have it changed.

The bathroom with the jacuzzi and the kitchen were great. We found a silverfish in the cutlery drawer but that was a minor blip in an otherwise amazing room. Mac with the internet connection is a huge plus. But it is part of the hotel fee that you pay in addition to the room charges.

The restaurants in the this hotel are amazing too. We ate Hakkasan, Scarpetta, Vida and Solo. Pricey but worth the money. The one disappointment with regards to food was the breakfast with had ordered to or room. Certainly wasn't up to the mark of the hotel or the price we paid for it.

The Spa and its staff are great too.

All in all a really good hotel. Pricey but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ocean view or ocean view with a balcony!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This was our first time staying at Fontainebleau. Everything about our stay was perfect, from the room, to the food, to the pool, etc. One of the best parts of the hotel was the staff. Everyone was extremely friendly and professional. Someone that really stood out was a man named Jefferson that we met at the main pool area. He made us feel so comfortable and made sure that we had everything that we needed our entire stay. We felt a great connection with him because he spoke with us at a friendship level and was also professional at the same time. We were so delighted to meet him because he told us about the many things to do around the resort. Overall, this was a great experience for the both of us, and we would definitely come back again!

Room Tip: We had a jr suite in the Sorrento Tower. Our room was great. It was very comfortable and had everyth...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fontainebleau Miami Beach? Share your experiences!